Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Put Overextend Avalanche Back.

Oizen

This was me fixing what we broke when updating powers for casting speed mods (even though it was range mods causing this one)...I'll let Scott know that you definitely seem to have a preference towards one mechanic over the other though.

This was me fixing what we broke when updating powers for casting speed mods (even though it was range mods causing this one)...I'll let Scott know that you definitely seem to have a preference towards one mechanic over the other though.

Fair enough.

Wait and see then.

Frost now has no Crowd control at all.

All he is now is a meh damage frame,

Whats worse is things are now unfreezing before you can even exit the casting animation yourself, and they're shooting you immediately. Avalanche is now trash.

He's not a tank

He's not a Crowd Control

He's not a Heavy Damager.

He's not even fast.

WHAT IS HE?

They "fixed" Avalanche? Good game, Digital Extremes, I think you just wrecked Frost to below even Mag's former "useless" tier....

Thanks for that.

And the problem isn't really preference of one mechanic over the other.  The problem is looking at the big picture and seeing how Frost is fitting in.

It is currently bringing no value.  I don't care how you guys change Frost as long as you can justify the new Frost is still viable, still fits its name, and still has a purpose in the game.  A Frost needs to have some sort of CC/slow.  

Can you have a word with Scott to try and make the extra freeze you get with "overextended" an actual feature that we can mod for?

As much as I enjoy the "exploit", it would be much preferable if this sort of crowd control was a feature that we could add a duration to.

Can you have a word with Scott to try and make the extra freeze you get with "overextended" an actual feature that we can mod for?

As much as I enjoy the "exploit", it would be much preferable if this sort of crowd control was a feature that we could add a duration to.

I don't know. I would prefer it to have a fixed duration like the stun of Radial Blind, because Fleeting Expertise builds will suffer otherwise.

I don't know. I would prefer it to have a fixed duration like the stun of Radial Blind, because Fleeting Expertise builds will suffer otherwise.

But continuity builds would thrive, and frost could become a potent source of crowd control rather than a meager source of damage.

thank you for promptly giving this attention and giving us feedback here

it is appreciated 

That would be most appreciated.

It's important to understand that seeing a frame like Nova get a skill buff while Frost is still getting nerfed is a bit insulting to Frost fans.

That would be most appreciated.

It's important to understand that seeing a frame like Nova get a skill buff while Frost is still getting nerfed is a bit insulting to Frost fans.

To everyone, really, like nova needs a buff.

?? Avalanche got nerfed?/  WTFEEZY? The message is don't use frost anymore I guess. I was able to get with the snowglobe thing when I noticed the other changes to frost i.e ice wave buff and avalanche buff... but to nerf Frost again? WHY??

i agree 100% , something like radial blinds mechanics would be preferred where u have the initial stun that is set and isnt too long but then you have a after effect that lasts for a duration

molecular prime is blessed with doing massive damage and a slow down for its entire duration, i think its very reasonable if avalanche had an initial set time of freeze and a slow down for a duration or something different like reduced accuracy for a duration 

hell even just reverting back to the way it was would be fine, it was fun trying to shatter frozen enemies before the damage kicked in and it gave teammates an opportunity to kill enemies before the ability inflicted its damage which has better synergy in team play 

come to think of it , the best thing was shattering frozen dudes, its got that terminator 2 liquid nitrogen scene feel 

THANK GOD

i mean

THANK VAEN

Thank you.

+1

I hope they bring the 5 secondish freeze back to Avalanche, without Avalanche's CC or a viable late-game Snow Globe, Frost is kinda... lackluster. Even with it, his CC abilities pale in comparison to Chaos, Rhino Stomp, or M. Prime, but without it he might as well be useless.

You can get the same, if not better results with the same build with any other frame with an good Ult, but instead of just feezing, they actually die.

Works with Rhino, Volt, Nova (Especially Nova), Oberon, you name it.

But Frost isn't allowed to have good skills.

Wanna know what he is? Useless.

Why DE...why do you keep hurting my favorite...

If you want to "Fix" something, fix Molecular Prime. Frost was "meh" before you started fixing him, and now he's unplayable! What the **** are you thinking!?

Man my avalanche is a piece of crap now. What did you do DE? Was perfectly fine the way it was before this update 12. I don't my the changes in my globe but my avalanche man. My role in my squad is now useless; might as well just run around with my pistol, lol. Had my frost polorized and well moded now is useless, and I had just finish building my frost prime yesterday too.

Thank you. And please inform him we liked it exactly like before (Mechanic wise). Do not tack on some duration component to the Freezing effect, it should be set and unalterable. Just like Rhino Stomp's stun is.

Thank you. And please inform him we liked it exactly like before (Mechanic wise). Do not tack on some duration component to the Freezing effect, it should be set and unalterable. Just like Rhino Stomp's stun is.

So after overwhelming calls for revision and protest regarding this stealth fix/nerf to Frost , we are still yet to have any response or feedback regarding it since

Lots of talk about snowglobe but people arnt asking for snowglobe, we have already moved on from it and embraced the more mobile crowd control gameplay avalanche used to provide 

Its not like this issue has been forgotten, frost is still in a useless state  except for low level damage and pseudo-CC