Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Requesting Fan Art Of Concepts. (Since I Can't Draw.)

Evariskitsune

I know it's probably somewhat selfish to ask, however I was hoping perhaps to see if anyone would be willing to draw concept art for my well... concepts.

My weapon concept: Railgun https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/208845-railgun-weapon-concept/

Weapon length: 2 meters.  

Bore diameter: 20mm.  

Projectile width: 10mm (sabot [APFSDS round])

projectile length: 150mm

Style notes:

Rails should protrude from the end of an enclosed barrel by 10-25mm.  There should be a visible telescopic scope and recoil damning elements.  Some style elements taken from this preferably:  

kSjElK.gif

My warframe concept: Vixen https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/209192-warframe-concept-the-fox/

Height and build should be similar to Mag.  

Style notes; Sleek female frame, symmetrical design, with more angular shapes to the warframe's armor.  Would appear to have a long tailcoat.  Stock helmet would have two antennae or other apparatuses that would look somewhat like ears.  Overall the look would be more plain aside from possible animalistic elements.   Default coloration should be primarily lightly colored with red energy.  

I apologize given how lazy this may seem, but I thank anyone who gives this a go quite greatly.  ^_^

Edited by Evariskitsune

Do you realize how massive that gun would be? Also, why would you have 10cm wide round in a 20cm wide barrel? You want as little deviation between the two as possible to improve accuracy, but enough of a gap to minimize friction.

Please note it's a sabot round for higher velocity and stabilization in flight.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabot  (please note the 10mm is the round itself not including the sabot)

An example of a sabot round fired from a M1 Abrams tank:

m1-tank-sabot.gif

And yes, that gun would be massive.  It's a railgun though and about as large a possible gun as could be carried on a person - which is the point.  In terms of dimensions ... I made an oops and put cm instead of mm.  (which has since been fixed, thank you.)

The gun's dimensions and bore is based on the Anzio anti-materiel rifle in terms of largest traditionally feasible man-portable rifle.  

aic-magfed-20mm.jpg

Edited by Evariskitsune

You leave a lot to the imagination. Mind be a bit more precise on the visuals on the frame. Like animal features, how exactly?

Assuming that the style notes weren't edited in after your comment, I'd assume he'd want standard stuff; claws, "ears" (two things on the head that look like ears), maybe clawed feet or something, maybe fur-like details/textures on certain parts.

Assuming that the style notes weren't edited in after your comment, I'd assume he'd want standard stuff; claws, "ears" (two things on the head that look like ears), maybe clawed feet or something, maybe fur-like details/textures on certain parts.

Pretty much this.

I had an idea; What about a having the ends of the coattail look like fox tails?

That would be cool, and I think I'd like it depending on how it was done, but I want to leave it up to whoever is willing to draw as to what they want to do.  Heck, it could actually have a tail and I'd think that it was awesome, but I know there would be artists not interested in making a warframe outright kemonomimi.   And I'd prefer to have as many options as possible rather than limit it to what I think suits it best without having seen any art first. 

Well this is my version of what i think you ask... I hope you enjoy it, because its the best i can do :P

P-D: Its basically hand-pencil draw i just use some digital filter to clean the mess my hand does when cross over the page, and also add some nicer edges to the figure. Sorry for the lack of colour, i dont know how to do that too XD

oDwqrsK.jpg

Well this is my version of what i think you ask... I hope you enjoy it, because its the best i can do :P

P-D: Its basically hand-pencil draw i just use some digital filter to clean the mess my hand does when cross over the page, and also add some nicer edges to the figure. Sorry for the lack of colour, i dont know how to do that too XD

oDwqrsK.jpg

By the look of it the magazine feed is on the side of the railgun?  Overall I have to say I like it for the most part, aside for the helmet, the overly long neck, and the upper chest design.  But that's just my critique.  ^^'

Thank you very much ^_^

Edited by Evariskitsune

I like long necks... That one was on purpose XD

Ah, gotcha.  Just was one of those things which stood out to me as being exaggerated beyond human dimensions.   If I may give further constructive criticism; you should make the breast area more gradual, instead of making the breasts, just the breasts.  I would suggest removing those weird ridge things on the head which seem out of place, and either giving the helmet a bit more length, perhaps as long as Volt albeit in different dimensions to give it a more fox-like angular look, or instead taking out the forward angles and making it more plain, like mechafox

mecha_fox_by_dreamingfoxy-d2xrcjp.jpg

.  I would also suggest either removing the single eye, or shrinking it and moving it off to the right (where an actual eye would be behind)so that it could actually be used with the telescopic sight of a sniper rifle.    As it is, it seems to me like you're trying to pull off Grey Fox from metal gear solid too much in terms of helmet design.  Or it just seems like that to me with the center eye thing.

Metal_gear_solid_grey_fox.jpg

Edited by Evariskitsune

I know this might stray from your vision, but I post it anyway because I love all Anthony Scroggins designs.

running_the_gauntlet_by_shimmering_sword

Anthony who-now?  But honestly, generally speaking I don't mind that overall look, I mean sure tweaks to be a bit more feminine and a helmet redesign would be needed to fit my vision, but it in general looks nice. 

Aw come on, don't you want to rage about how we keep calling it a railgun? plz? rofl

I would personally prefer to keep things civil, though I could make a point that in terms of concept, they are as different as a rifle or a shotgun.  Or in terms of ranged weapons in general as for the difference in propulsion method, the difference between a crossbow and a rifle.  Though I must say that I do not understand why you would find it entertaining as to the viewing of any form of rage or breakdown in communication. 

Do you realize how massive that gun would be? Also, why would you have 10cm wide round in a 20cm wide barrel? You want as little deviation between the two as possible to improve accuracy, but enough of a gap to minimize friction.

Because it is a Sabot round, while the actual projectile is 10mm the Sabot would be 20mm. Sabot may even be a little bigger, but not by much. Sabot rounds are kinetic rounds, in that the projectile is released either just after leaving the barrel or at the moment of impact. Basically this weapon is the Boltor but with an impossible length.

Because it is a Sabot round, while the actual projectile is 10mm the Sabot would be 20mm. Sabot may even be a little bigger, but not by much. Sabot rounds are kinetic rounds, in that the projectile is released either just after leaving the barrel or at the moment of impact. Basically this weapon is the Boltor but with an impossible length.

How is this the boltor and how is the length impossible? Please note the propulsion method is significantly different, the boltor fires APDS (or may not even have a sabot and be simply firing the bolts if it is another coil gun like the Lanka), not APFSDS rounds, and the 2 meter length of the gun is present in real life rifles.

The gun's dimensions and bore is based on the Anzio anti-materiel rifle in terms of largest traditionally feasible man-portable rifle.

aic-magfed-20mm.jpg

The above rifle is 2 meters long. Edited by Evariskitsune

How is this the boltor and how is the length impossible? Please note the propulsion method is significantly different, the boltor fires APDS (or may not even have a sabot and be simply firing the bolts if it is another coil gun like the Lanka), not APFSDS rounds, and the 2 meter length of the gun is present in real life rifles.

The above rifle is 2 meters long.

All this technical stuff is so CONFUSING... ooooh is that a rabbit unicorn.... ahhhh.