Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prova Vs Lecta

Skaleek

Just a quick thought, their stats are almost identical, except the Lecta is base 45 damage, has access to a rare stance, and the prova is 35 damage, with just an uncommon stance. Also the Lecta is rocking 25% status, the Prova has 10%. The most important difference, however, is that the Prova is a research weapon and the Lecta is purchased from the market. This represents, what I think, to be a very poor implementation of a research weapon.

Hope ya read it and do another balance pass on the Prova, Scott.

Thanks

However the prova is a sword or prod, whereas the lecta is a whip. The prova is used by prod crewman, but the lecta isn't used by any corpus enemies. Additionally you can always just forma that stance slot. 

You can copter pretty well with that lecta as well. 

Edited by zat-bust

Have you ever used either of the weapons? Feels like you haven't lol

There's a huge difference in how the weapons handle and what you can use them for. Get them both and see which one suits your playstyle.

Edited by DarkTails

Have you ever used either of the weapons? Feels like you haven't lol

There's a huge difference in how the weapons handle and what you can use them for. Get them both and see which one suits your playstyle.

Have you?

If you want to talk about handling, the whip has a much wider arc and hits more targets, just another advantage to the whip. The prova is a fairly simple combination of attacks with a lunge forward, which the whip doesnt need as it has a higher range as is. I have played both of them, and from a purely statistical standpoint, the research weapon is significantly weaker than the one purchasable from the market, thats the point.

Thanks for your input though.

Edited by Skaleek

Skaleek, on 17 Apr 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

Have you?

If you want to talk about handling, the whip has a much wider arc and hits more targets, just another advantage to the whip. The prova is a fairly simple combination of attacks with a lunge forward, which the whip doesnt need as it has a higher range as is. I have played both of them, and from a purely statistical standpoint, the research weapon is significantly weaker than the one purchasable from the market, thats the point.

Thanks for your input though.

You make a topic about two very different weapons and all you do is compare stats and claim the most important difference is that one requires research. Okay rofl how can we not think you've never used them. Also, the rare whip mod is kinda meh, it's nice if you like to keep moving/tumbling around though.
Edited by DarkTails

You make a topic about two very different weapons and all you do is compare stats and claim the most important difference is that one requires research. Okay rofl how can we not think you've never used them. Also, the rare whip mod is kinda meh, it's nice if you like to keep moving/tumbling around though.

Theyre actually quite similar, except the whip excels in almost every way... both base electric damage... etc etc. The main point being one is easily obtained, and one is a research weapon, but gets nothing from it, hence the post that's gone entirely over your head. Enjoy your + post count though.

Edited by Skaleek

Are you nuts? lol Lecta has better reach and multi-hits, its obviously made for handling different situations than the single-target Prova. This isn't about comparing a spoon with a bigger spoon, it's comparing a spoon and a knife. Or whatever.

It just looks like you want to be douchey today, so meh, whatevs. Next time don't use a sweeping title like "X vs Y" and then be disappointed when no one talks about your poorly highlighted specific point.

And you want my post count? Take it, why is that even something to bring up rofl

Edited by DarkTails

OKAY, so the whip is better for multi hits! NOW are you saying the prova is better for single hits? Because news flash, it isnt! Its inferior in every single way to the lecta. Thats the point, you still are missing it, If you want to contribute to the post, please post about Why the prova warrants a research weapon or excels in a specific way over the lecta. Your argument is that because they are different weapons the prova should be entirely daunted and overshadowed by another, easier weapon to get? What youre saying has little to no value to the ideas being posed in this thread. THINK ABOUT IT.

They are the two base electric melee weapons, they are a lot more similar than you think. Its like comparing a butter knife to a swiss army knife, when you paid and invested more for the butter knife. If i was comparing it to a ranged weapon, your argument might hold weight, but they are both melee weapons, and there is no reason for one to be so weak, especially one that is researched and has to be worked hard for. Is this still unclear?

Edited by Skaleek

The Prova is suppose to be S#&$. It's an enemy weapon.

to me it feels more like it was supposed to be a highly specialized niche weapon, which falls straight on its face in comparison with the lecta. Also if it truly was "supposed to be S#&$", then why is it locked away behind a significant barrier with no warning/indication that it is intentionally low tier? That alone to me seems bad enough design to warrant some change relating to the Prova.

Edited by TinFoilMkIV

to me it feels more like it was supposed to be a highly specialized niche weapon

That sounds about right. Someone at DE must have have thought, hey, this would be a pretty cool utility weapon. It's not going to be the strongest weapon around, but the reliable shock proc will be enough to give Tenno some breathing room. Or at least give teammates a chance to take advantage of the shocked enemies.

But then we got this thing that doesn't really do anything and enemies swarm you and you're screwed lol

Far as it being a research weapon... meh. I don't see what the hubbub is about, by the time I was able to start researching stuff I could pretty much build anything I wanted, so there was no "omg this is expensive/too hard to get" moment for me. It wasn't that great and I shelved it, end of story.

Oh yeah, and because Skal likes it, +1 to my post count B)

Edited by DarkTails

Far as it being a research weapon... meh. I don't see what the hubbub is about, by the time I was able to start researching stuff I could pretty much build anything I wanted, so there was no "omg this is expensive/too hard to get" moment for me. It wasn't that great and I shelved it, end of story.

Well for me at least it's not a huge deal, but it does seem off when the Lecta is available to everyone in the market with a blueprint for credits and no specialy requirements to make, while being statistically superior in both stats and use.

EDIT: after a comparison the Lecta does appear to be a bit above average in rare material use, but in comparison the Prova is absolutely through the roof in craft requirements compared to standard market equipment (primarily that it requires both a Forma as well as a Fieldron)

Edited by TinFoilMkIV