Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zhinu, The Thorn Weaver | Puncture Based Warframe|Skill Changes!

MrPigman

the name Zhinu is the name of a Chinese cloth making godess

MwmhI5d.jpg

old concept art

MnPx80B.jpg

the style was inspired by geishas, i felt since warframe already has a very sci-fi chinese feel to it, i should build on it. She has a petite body because i wanted her to look small and fragile, but she is deceivingly strong at close combat.

Zhinu utilizes Nano technology to float around her and accumulate in spots then fire out short ranged laser blades that work like needles, thus allowing her to seemingly conjure needles from thin air.

Zhinu is a support melee meaning she is meant to be up close and personal, but help her team mates out in the process of bashing some skulls in! (or more accurately impale people) and i think her kit so far enthuses that.

STATS:

Health: 450

Shield: 300

Armor: 150

Energy: 150

Speed: 1.0

Stamina: 150

Polarities: 4x =, 1x V, 1x D

Aura: V

LORE:

will add soon

ABILITIES:

​1-Thread the Needle: Zhinu does a short quick rush thrusting out her hand which will have needles coming from her finger tips, she will stop at the first enemy she collides with which will then deal some puncture damage, weaken the enemy, and send a threaded needle through up to 5 enemies behind the target linking them. the enemy will begin to take significantly more damage. jumping before the rush is done will make Pynn backflip away after hitting the target.

note: thread linked enemies will share status conditions and knockdowns or backs and can not move far from each other.

2-Weave: Zhinu arms her melee weapon with threaded needles, which will apply a thread after each melee strike and deal bonus puncture damage with a 50% puncture proc chance. the threads will link to each different opponent struck. Attacking a threaded enemy while weave is active will deal bonus damage. the length at which you can continue to weave enemies together is affected by power range.

note: when enemies pass threads they take slash damage with a 100% proc chance.

3-Pinning Spikes: Zhinu will create an parasol of needles above her, after a momentary pause the parasol will explode and shoot needles all over below it, it will pin enemies to the ground and deal some puncture damage, in addition it will thread enemies to the ground preventing them from moving too far from their current location. the duration of the pin down is dependent on power duration.

note: if you make a large net of threads then knock down a few enemies, it will knock all of them down and prevent them from moving.

4-Bed of Nails: Zhinu Sends her nanobots out to cover the floors then create needles facing upwards, making a large spike trap. the radius for Bed of Nails is very large. enemies take damage every time they take a step, bed of nails will also slow enemies movement. if an enemy is knocked down on bed of nails they can not get back up until bed of nails is inactive and will receive massive puncture damage.

bed of nails can be combo'd with many other warframes, and probably most notable, the rhino. that would create a massive enemy shut down time.

bonus skills

Rain of Needles: this skill Zhinu would make needles rain in an area dealing progressively more damage. i did not choose this skill because it felt too much like one of the embers skills and damage skills usually fall off.

Spikey Shield: Zhinu makes her nanobots swirl around her and block incoming projectiles, spikey shield will deal damage to nearby enemies. i did not use this ability because it felt too much like zephyr's turbulence but with a bit of a buff and for both being a 3 and this being stronger it pretty much means it would be op as well.

Spike Wall: Zhinu sends nanobots to create a wall of needles, enemies who approach the wall would be knocked down, the wall can not be shot through. i didnt use this because it did not fit her melee playstyle and it quite frankly seemed very op in her kit.

Orbiting Needles: Zhinu makes nanobots rotate around her whilst making large needles thus damaging enemies who come too close. i did not use this because it seemed pretty bland.

Swift Needles: Zhinu shoots out needles that ricochet on walls and pass through enemies and will deal puncture damage, they do not have a bounce limit, but instead a time limit. i did not use this because its a pure damage ability and did not seem like it would be much help in many situations. it also didnt not seem like a melee ability.

Needle Storm: Zhinu creates 4 large needles to float around her, they will attack an enemy when she gets close and will form an impenetrable shield around her when she blocks. i did not use this because it seemed a little weak, perhaps some utility could fix that, but i wouldnt really know what kind of utility to give it.

Whistling Needles: Zhinu fires needles out in front of her for a duration which will deal damage and stagger/knock down.

Pressure Point: Zhinu forms needles along the edges of her weapons which will make her melee attacks stun enemies temporarily and auto crit.

Tripwire: Zhinu creates a cube frame made of wire like needles, if an enemy would trip it, it will explode outwards knocking enemies down and deal puncture damage.

Flying Quills: Zhinu creates a shroud of needles over herself, upon activation before the duration is up she will shoot out the needles, but the needles will float mid air at the end of their ranges, upon another activation she will drag all the needles back onto herself. with the needles on her she will reflect melee damage. needles will stagger enemies when they pass through them. essentially she may drag the needles in and out to deal damage and stagger.

Pointed Wave: Zhinu sends out a wave of needles that deal puncture and immobilize afflicted foes for a duration

also! i thought it would be cool if Zhinu were to be released, she be released with a new secondary. Senbon! throwing needles would fit right in with the frame!

Edited by MrPigman
  • Like 1

another idea for an ultimate (even though you have a good one) would be 

Thousand Mirrors/Needles- shoots energy projectiles outwards, transforms into mirrors on physical contact then shoots needles out of it, dealing puncture damage to enemies in front of the mirrors (10 needles in each mirror and needles aim for other mirrors which reloads a mirror each time.)

Bed of nails is awesome except sounds like an powerful hallowed ground so i thought for bed of nails that the nails shoot upward if stepped on

it already damage when stepped on. it does not deal DoT it only deals damage if they move, its different in that sense. it also slows and will keep them downed. and if the needles shoot upward when stepped on would they come back down? because if they didn't that would take away from the utility of the skill and make it near impossible to combo things with it because by the time they get downed they've already triggered the spikes.

another idea for an ultimate (even though you have a good one) would be 

Thousand Mirrors/Needles- shoots energy projectiles outwards, transforms into mirrors on physical contact then shoots needles out of it, dealing puncture damage to enemies in front of the mirrors (10 needles in each mirror and needles aim for other mirrors which reloads a mirror each time.)

so, theyre like self reloading turrets?  depending on how this works it could be an interesting 3.

Re: Power 4 Bed of Nails

Just like 126 said, bed of needles acts like hallowed ground except with the wider area. I am no expert on powers so feel free to disregard if it is not to your liking.

Instead of having needles on the floor in a static area, I was thinking something like having a mass of needles forming behind Pynn, and the needles fire off a concentrated barrage at directly in front of her, inflicting heavy puncture damage.

Think of it like a "Gate of Babylon" type of ability where it is needles instead of weapons. Needles keep forming as the barrage is sustained (either power duration OR if it is a continuos channel like Banshee's shockwave, power efficiency).

Edited by PEELZHERE92

Re: Power 4 Bed of Nails

Just like 126 said, bed of needles acts like hallowed ground except with the wider area. I am no expert on powers so feel free to disregard if it is not to your liking.

Instead of having needles on the floor in a static area, I was thinking something like having a mass of needles forming behind Pynn, and the needles fire off a concentrated barrage at directly in front of her, inflicting heavy puncture damage.

Think of it like a "Gate of Babylon" type of ability where it is needles instead of weapons. Needles keep forming as the barrage is sustained (either power duration OR if it is a continuos channel like Banshee's shockwave, power efficiency).

Well my issue with this is it has no utility, the main reason pynn has bed of nails is because of it's immensely high amount of utility, she is supposed to be supportish after all. Also pure damage skills do not scale well. But I like your idea I always love just thousands of objects come flying through portals :D however I don't think I'll be replacing the 4. Perhaps a good 3 though. Just needs a bit of utility. Maybe it has a chance to knock down? Or it can stagger them making a stagger lock.

Well my issue with this is it has no utility, the main reason pynn has bed of nails is because of it's immensely high amount of utility, she is supposed to be supportish after all. Also pure damage skills do not scale well. But I like your idea I always love just thousands of objects come flying through portals :D however I don't think I'll be replacing the 4. Perhaps a good 3 though. Just needs a bit of utility. Maybe it has a chance to knock down? Or it can stagger them making a stagger lock.

No problem, at least I helped in some way with power 3. 

I think if you want a bit more utility to it, I might say it would also inflict a mix between impact and puncture statuses or alternatively 50% chance of knockdown; since a barrage of needles in a straight direction would be forceful.

Maybe for a third ability have needles swarm near her arms and shoulders in great enough numbers to make them form blades.

3rd- Pin Mirage- Pynn summons needles around her arms and shoulders, when she gets into melee range they deal damage to enemies. The blades also increase Pynn's melee damage, when she gets close to allies some of the needles split away and form on the ally to give them the same buff.

I'm not sure if this has enough utility or fits the melee theme but if you like it feel free to use it.

Edited by GrimR3APER

I'd say needle storm could be a good 3 if it was more like vergils summoned swords from DMC the 4 needles orbit Pynn and enemies that get hit take small damage but automatically get staggered and fitting with summoned swords after a time limit they shoot out knocking down any enemies they hit and dealing some damage it's nice utility and good way to deal with being surrounded by enemies especially at high level

this is just a try

3)Tripwire- summons 9 needles forming a square and connected through strong strings. if an enemy steps on a string it causes knockdown and detonation to the square. (Explosive needles and detonates if interrupted- the strong strings keep it stable and uninterrupted so if the strings are interrupted, the needles are).

Edited by Hunter126

Power 3: Summons a wave of needles that pop out of the ground in front of Pynn and keep traveling for 7/10/14/20 meters. Enemies it comes into contact with are immobilized for 3/4/7/10 seconds, but are still able to attack and take 50/100/150/200 puncture damage over 5 seconds, with a guaranteed puncture proc.

Power 3: Summons a wave of needles that pop out of the ground in front of Pynn and keep traveling for 7/10/14/20 meters. Enemies it comes into contact with are immobilized for 3/4/7/10 seconds, but are still able to attack and take 50/100/150/200 puncture damage over 5 seconds, with a guaranteed puncture proc.

as much as id love that skill it is far too similar to frosts ice wave. and as far as utility, her 1 already pretty much serves that perpose. maybe it could lift them into the air with the spikes?

Let me just say that I love this concept! 

For the third skill, I'd say move second skill to the third skill, then use either Tripwire for 2, or Pressure Point, but change the name, because of the mod.

Also, I feel that for her stature her stats don't suit her. I'd say lower health, shields, or lower both a little.

Great job, her looks are different, but also suit the style of Warframe. 

A+ to you.