Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Prime Buff On The Horizon?

OriVerda

Will it ever be buffed? Just a yes or no is all I need.

I mean I have chucked several Forma into it and will do so again gladly. I love the weapon because with my Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, Skana Prime and soon™ Wyrm Prime I have a Primed Starter loadout and it works for me.

Until I noticed that it is a lot easier to just use my Skana Prime. The Braton Prime's reload time is way too slow, the fire rate is a bit bad and the damage cannot even stop level 20 enemies effectively. I don't even mind the fact that the Lato Prime is subpar to most other sidearms but in comparison to the Braton Prime it does deliver a decent punch.

I don't need it to be the next Soma or Boltor Prime though. Just decent. How many Formas can it be worth in its current state? Makes me wish there were stat changing Formas.

Edited by OriVerda

if you cant deal with level 20 enemies im not sure what your doing but my braton prime can handle a T3 with ease and it has only been formed once
the braton prime is meant to be a good mid tier rifle that can be used in any situation not a high level weapon like the soma and boltor prime I personally believe that its fine where it is

No clue what on earth you mean. Its got a quick reload speed and RoF, and it has quite the good accuracy and status chance. Literally no issues using the gun. Comparing it to the Boltor Prime, which is boring as hell to use, is obviously going to make asking for a buff make sense, but as a weapon on its own, the Braton Prime is quite good.

I have multiple Forma into my Braton Prime, and I do not regret it. I can take it to t3 and t4 missions just fine, but if I want to do intercept/defense/survival for a long peroid of time, I do take a better weapon. I can tap-fire and have great accuracy at long ranges and have a lethal rifle, even with a rank 6 Heavy Caliber.

Buddy, you just can't seem to build a weapon correctly.

Guest Tehnoobshow

It's the most balanced weapon in the game right now. If anything, all other weapons should be balanced around the Braton Prime.

When I say effective I really mean it.

It can kill sure but enemies move and so do my allies. I cannot use it in a crowd because other weapons will overpower my fragile Excalibur (unless I Radial Blind) alternatively my allies will finish enemies in a tenth of the time with weapons that are not even the Boltor Prime.

Could be something is wrong with me game. I've seen people use my Synapse build and score red crits worth several thousands whilst mine hardly gets into the hundreds. Figured it was just a graphical thing but now I wonder if my game is actually giving me a handicap in some way.

Doubtful but possible.

Regardless, the Braton Prime does need a boost. It's too decent yet subpar. At least in my hands and these hands have used it for several dozens of hours.

Braton Prime is a good weapon with ease handling, but it doesn't really live up to its supposedly 'Prime' status. Hek, if you compare it to other Prime primaries, Braton Prime have the lowest stat upgrades against its normal counterpart.

It really need some buff/boost/one-up/whatever it takes to suit its Prime status.

Edited by Athros

If you're comparing all weapons to soma and boltor prime, like many players in the game do, then you'll find that a vast majority of the weapons in the game are "ineffective". It's not the fault of the players, but DE really needs to introduce more balance to the game, by buffing older weapons, or nerfing new ones. Gosh.

If you're comparing all weapons to soma and boltor prime, like many players in the game do, then you'll find that a vast majority of the weapons in the game are "ineffective". It's not the fault of the players, but DE really needs to introduce more balance to the game, by buffing older weapons, or nerfing new ones. Gosh.

Actually I was comparing it to my Synapse primarily and even some other weapons I own. Yeah I have a Soma but I don't see its appeal and it doesn't seem to be as effective as most people claim. But that's just me (or my game. Either one).

I dusted off my Braton Prime today. No formas, only a catalyst in.

Went to Xini. It started choking a bit after wave 20, but it was still fine. Level 40 napalms were taking an entire clip, but that's mostly because I had corrosive instead of radiation.

So it's not a bad weapon, it is fairly balanced. But a buff would be nice, maybe increase the base damage a bit.

Kinda sad thing is that Braton Prime can be simply outperformed by Karak, which is a very easy weapon to acquire.

Karak has a base V polarity and higher damage. Sure it has smaller clip, but it reloads faster.

I hope that Braton Prime gets some love.

I dusted off my Braton Prime today. No formas, only a catalyst in.

Went to Xini. It started choking a bit after wave 20, but it was still fine. Level 40 napalms were taking an entire clip, but that's mostly because I had corrosive instead of radiation.

So it's not a bad weapon, it is fairly balanced. But a buff would be nice, maybe increase the base damage a bit.

Kinda sad thing is that Braton Prime can be simply outperformed by Karak, which is a very easy weapon to acquire.

Karak has a base V polarity and higher damage. Sure it has smaller clip, but it reloads faster.

I hope that Braton Prime gets some love.

Could you share your build please?

Could you share your build please?

Stormbringer

Serration

Split Chamber

Infected Clip

Speed Trigger

Very generic build, nothing special. If I had Heavy Caliber on it would be much better, but I would have to forma this thing a few times.

Also, there may be some problems with ammo economy. Thankfully I had the luxury of having a Nekros in the team, so there wasn't a single time that I have gone under 300 ammo left.

Edited by Siekier

I've got six forma in my Braton Prime, I've had it since damage 1.0 when it was one of the most epic rifles to have. It actually does quite well, it just needs to have higher puncture and impact, and split it evenly among the two. It's probably my favorite auto to use - it sounds nice, aim is precise, fire rate is perfect, and it looks beautiful. Just needs an even bump up with the puncture and impact to give it a little push.

My current build vs Grineer. Going to throw another Forma on it so I can throw Bane on there.

http://goo.gl/AhepRp

So far, I can take this to Saturn and easily decimate all comers. It starts to get a bit harder past lvl 25, but I expected that.

I do agree that a buff to Impact and Puncture damage would be most welcome! Aside from that, I feel that the Braton Prime is a nicely balanced weapon that performs well against most enemies.