Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beginner's Guide To Kubrows

armedpoop

Question

PSA: It takes 2 login resets for a Kubrow to fully mature!

Do YOU want your very own Kubrow? Follow these simple steps and you too can have your very own murderous ball of fur!

Step 1: KILL THE JACKAL

For whatever reason, this will give you an item called "The Howl of the Kubrow"

You then go to your codex once back on the ship. Then go to your codex and click on quests, then click on "The Howl of the Kubrow". Should be the 1st big box. Then itll show you a diorama, and in the bottom right, it should say "Start quest". 

Step 2: Go to Elara, Jupiter

Play the survival mission there till 5mins in, you should get an item for the ship called "Incubator Segment".

Step 3: Return to your ship and install that shizz!

There will be a quest marker (or there should be) that leads you downstairs to the far left corner of the ship. (Left of the armory)

Plug it in there and you will be good to go. 

Step 4: Buy the "Incubator Power Core Blueprint" from the maket!

(Optional: Buy one outright for 35p)

There "should" (heavy emphasis on "should") be a quest marker for you on E Prime at this point. You should ignore that till you can start the build for your Power Core as it takes 8 hours.

It is available in the market for 100,000 credits. (Equipment>Components)

Step 5: Get you a Kubrow EGG!

While you wait on that core to build, you should start farming up a Kubrow egg. You can farm for these on E Prime by destroying Kubrow dens. This is what the drop for a Kubrow egg looks like (as of 14.0.7):g2jJRIl.jpg

Step 6: Incubate that EGG!

Once you've gathered an egg you need to incubate it for 2 REAL LIFE days. (Or pay 15p to rush it.)

You can do this by using the genettic foundry after collecting all the required components.

Step 7: A Winner is You!

Your Kubrow egg will hatch and you will have your very own Kubrow! Its colors and type will be completely random. Hopefully you get what you like!

Edit:

Kubrow Items

DNA Stabilizers (Which cost 100kcreds for a pack of 6 in the market) are what keep your Kubrow's Health up. One will fully restore your Kubrow's health. (Or "DNA Integrity) It looks like the percentage drops by 20% by itself every 12 hrs. According to the UI it affects how much health your Kubrow would have in battle.

Genetic Imprints seem like something you can use to help aid in getting what kind of Kubrow you want when breeding. I.E. like when the devs were talking about Dominant and Recessive genes. I have a pure grey Hurras Kubrow, im thinking that if I scanned it and got a genetic imprint, I would get the grey fur as a genetic template. Or Perhaps it copies the whole Kubrow set up to combine with another as you can use 2 templates when breeding. This is all speculation as you cannot scan your Kubrow until it becomes an adult. It can only be scanned twice, and the imprints that you can also be used for trading, though im not sure how  that works yet either. Will have to wait till it matures.

Edited by armedpoop

Time Out.

Go back to that screenshot.

Is that a Kubrow Den? Or is that something else entirely? I'm freaking out now

Bonus: How long did it take you to get an egg? You have more than one? I've been running E-Prime so much my head is spinning.

How long will it take to grow up

I dont think anybody knows yet unfortuantly.

Now there's a part where it says combined incubation and Random Incubation how do you use combined incubation just farm kubrows and get their DNA sample?

Yes, you would use two different gene imprints to try and get the type and look you want. At least thats what it seems like.

Time Out.

Go back to that screenshot.

Is that a Kubrow Den? Or is that something else entirely? I'm freaking out now

Bonus: How long did it take you to get an egg? You have more than one? I've been running E-Prime so much my head is spinning.

Yea, Kubrow den on E Prime, Earth. I didnt earn my 1st one, but it took at least 2hrs of farming to find one. I ran through it with an alliance member and another dropped in like the 1st try, and thats how I found out that you can only carry one at a time.

nice guide. can you also elaborate on meaning of DNA stabilizer kit and genetic code template? what i'm supposed to do with those?

thanks

Will update OP.

Idk if this goes with the intent of this topic, but at some point my kubrow started flashing. I've seen a couple other places where people talk about this. My kubrow is flashing, but one friend of mine's hasn't, and his kubrow is older than mine. Any thoughts?

Idk if this goes with the intent of this topic, but at some point my kubrow started flashing. I've seen a couple other places where people talk about this. My kubrow is flashing, but one friend of mine's hasn't, and his kubrow is older than mine. Any thoughts?

Flashing? like the fur? or the whole Kubrow itself? Id say its either a bug, or your Kubrow has a really awesome set of fur! lol

DNA Stabilizers (Which cost 100kcreds for a pack of 6 in the market) are what keep your Kubrow's Health up. One will fully restore your Kubrow's health. (Or "DNA Integrity) It looks like the percentage drops by 20% by itself every 12 hrs. According to the UI it affects how much health your Kubrow would have in battle.

Hm, seem like without DNA stabilizer, Kubrow lasts only 2.5 days. (20% every 12 hours is something around 2.5 days in life expectancy.)

So 6-pack of these will keep him alive for 15 days.

Unless my math is way off, Kubrow is going to be quite expensive hobby. 200k per month may prove problematic for new players. Wonder how much is for puppy blender :)

jk, sorry

okay well this is the second thread I've been to. seriously ive been going at this for 6-7 hours and done the @(*()$ mission over 187 times i havent gotten 1, ONE. im thinking on giving up on the whole doggy thing.

Edit: can ANYONE help?

Edited by Kisho225

okay well this is the second thread I've been to. seriously ive been going at this for 6-7 hours and done the @(*()$ mission over 187 times i havent gotten 1, ONE. im thinking on giving up on the whole doggy thing.

Edit: can ANYONE help?

Just bad luck man :I

Holy sh1t... Did I make a mistake? I got the egg first and then I got the power core. Now Ordis is saying that it is hatching and it is making weird sounds, but the egg isn't. Am I screwd? 

It sounds like the lines are bugged. Just let your egg hatch and your Kubrow mature, and you should be ok.

Just something to add that I have read in other threads, combining imprints results in random combination. In another words don't assume if you combine a Huras with a Huras your going to get a Huras with different color fur. Think of it as Kubrow Transmutation and we all know how that works out.

Just something to add that I have read in other threads, combining imprints results in random combination. In another words don't assume if you combine a Huras with a Huras your going to get a Huras with different color fur. Think of it as Kubrow Transmutation and we all know how that works out.

I seriously hope this is not the case, if it is then there is no point to having templates at all. Literally none, you might as well just hit 'random' every time. If this is the case it is definately a dissappointment.

I seriously hope this is not the case, if it is then there is no point to having templates at all. Literally none, you might as well just hit 'random' every time. If this is the case it is definately a dissappointment.

i had a sahasa impr then boght another for a guy who tell me it was (there is no way to check what you got trading this) now i have a sunika

Does the Kubrow lose health when you're not playing? If so, is there any way to keep if from dying if you can't play for a few days?

Yes there is. If you will be gone for a few days then you should place your kurbrow in stasis for the time being. Until you feel ready to let him free and use him.