Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

26 & 27/07/14: Server Issues - Internet_Cannot_Connect - Please Be Patient

Azazelbishop

Question

are the game servers down keep getting (ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT)?

Edit Yaer: confirmed. DE are not at work atm and we cannot contact them. Let's hope it'll solve itself nicely. They'll be informed tomorrow if the problem persists.

Please, try to connect just once or twice in an hour to ease the server.

Official status about server issues: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/275479-late-saturdaysunday-login-issues/'>here

Its also called rotational support.  7am-7pm, 7pm-7am, etc, or some variation.

Ive worked service desk/help desk(24 hour), moved into 24 hour operational support(servers, outages, etc..holidays and weekends), I am now on the business analytics / statistics end of it all.  

Rotation rotation.

There will always be a weak rotation.  But anyway, I'm sure someone is doing what they can as fast as they can right now. Sometimes stuff happens that can't be fixed in 30 seconds. I'm willing to assume whatever is wrong for this long is not entirely on DE. Patience, please.

You're a Mod and you can't contact them? FAIL

I have a hard time believing that no one in their IT department monitors these servers. I have an even harder time believing that no one monitors these forums for business critical issues. Triple FAIL

Do you expect the Mods to have their personal contact info? 

They are Forum moderators, they only know as much as we do. 

During the "open beta" like we are in with Warframe,no they didnt do a wipe.  I think they did a roll back to undue some of the damage, but it was only a few hours or something.

DE wont wipe our stuff after "open beta" for two reasons:  Its been in open beta for 1-2 years or something AND the cash shop has been live forever.  Money has been spent, a lot of money.  Hence why I disagree that this game is in beta...Imagine the anarchy if they did wipe when it officially launches.

A rollback is fair enough...

Patience my &#!. 

They should at the very least acknowledge the problem to the community. It appears they are completely oblivious to it and no one even has the power to contact any of the staff. Do you get how big of a fail this is?

Patience my @$$. 

They should at the very least acknowledge the problem to the community. It appears they are completely oblivious to it and no one even has the power to contact any of the staff. Do you get how big of a fail this is?

The way I see it, is, if a guy like you who is THAT dis-satisfied with the game, then you really shouldn't bother playing until they 'officially' release it from 'open beta' and fix all the bugs and stuff. Patience is, after all, a virtue.

Spent the morning trying to connect and finally connected...i was excited right up until I realized no one else could see me.  All my other friends and clan members can see each other, but to me they're all offline and vice versa.  Back to the drawing board!

I understa

The devs say its in beta...so I can forgive bugs, imbalance, crashes, etc.  

The fact that it is in beta does not forgive the lack of human support of the game.  That part should be fleshed out before the game is available.  Beta or not, you need support staff ready to fix outages or game breaking bugs.

Let me ask: Beta or not...if you played Neverwinter during its "beta", I think there was an auction house bug that allowed people to accumulate immense wealth in the game without spending a penny.  A lot of damage was done to the economy of that game, but they had the staff on call and on hand to address it before it got out of hand.  If those devs said "eh, its the weekend, we'll take a look at it on monday", that game would be dead.

So sorry mate, but comparing this game with Neverwinter is just not fair. Neverwinder is made by Cryptic, who also has Star Trek Online and they have been bought by Perfect World International. So yeah they DO have the money for 24/7 staff to check and solve problems. Small studios make do with what they have.

Kudos for DE for an amazing update and i hope things get fixed ASAP.

This is a sign. Go to church! lol

Edit: Church of the NFL, for example.

Church got nerfed , dont play it !! .

Also most of the subscription MMOs have had similar problems with downtimes varying from Hours to days , so deal with it and dont flame , as most of the arguments are just plain dumb , and people are just pissed at their sunday warframe time being ruined by server issues . 

Do you expect the Mods to have their personal contact info? 

They are Forum moderators, they only know as much as we do. 

Are you kidding me? Then what good are they really? They're an integral part of a large business. Yes, they should be able to contact a member of their IT department in case of a critical failure.

The whole "It's just a game" philosophy is a bunch of bull in the real world of business. If you've ever been employed in your life, you know that business is 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. No matter what time, you put down whatever it is you are doing and get servers back online even if it's Christmas morning.

So sorry mate, but comparing this game with Neverwinter is just not fair. Neverwinder is made by Cryptic, who also has Star Trek Online and they have been bought by Perfect World International. So yeah they DO have the money for 24/7 staff to check and solve problems. Small studios make do with what they have.

Kudos for DE for an amazing update and i hope things get fixed ASAP.

But PWE is the publisher for Neverwinter, as is for Warframe now :)

Are you kidding me? Then what good are they really? They're an integral part of a large business. Yes, they should be able to contact a member of their IT department in case of a critical failure.

The whole "It's just a game" philosophy is a bunch of bull in the real world of business. If you've ever been employed in your life, you know that business is 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. No matter what time, you put down whatever it is you are doing and get servers back online even if it's Christmas morning.

They're not employees for DE. 

Moving threads around, reporting topics and such is just a part of their free time. They do this willingly and they are just like the rest of us. 

Don't get angry with them. 

Edited by Verre

The way I see it, is, if a guy like you who is THAT dis-satisfied with the game, then you really shouldn't bother playing until they 'officially' release it from 'open beta' and fix all the bugs and stuff. Patience is, after all, a virtue.

Who said I was dissatisfied with the game? And by the way, this "open beta" thing doesn't hold water anymore. Are you brand new here? LOL

But PWE is the publisher for Neverwinter, as is for Warframe now :)

@cesmode: Pay to Win International is going to buy the world i say :P

Anyways Cryptic itself has STO as its cash cow, and it is a good cash cow. Believe me i spent quite some money there.

@the rest: Back in ther early days of Lineage II they had similar problems, so instead of simply flaming on in this forum people should just play another game while they wait and keep an eye here as im doing :D

So all in all just chill people, things will be fixed :D

They're not employees for DE. 

Moving threads around, reporting topics and such is just a part of their free time. They do this willingly and they are just like the rest of us. 

Don't get angry with them. 

I never said they were "employees". I said they were an integral part of business, and they are. Don't justify DE's fail. If a moderator of a forum cannot be trusted with a contact number they shouldn't be a moderator.

Cops work on weekends. (paid via taxes)

Imagine if they said "Welp, see you guys on Monday. "  

Please please, tell me that no support on weekends is a GOOD thing...

COPS?

are you really putting a GAME on par with public security, hospitals and the like?

Seriously?

I never said they were "employees". I said they were an integral part of business, and they are. Don't justify DE's fail. If a moderator of a forum cannot be trusted with a contact number they shouldn't be a moderator.

You kind of act as if they should be responsible for things as 'server issues'. 

They're not paid to keep up with things such as this. 

They literally.. are just here for the forums. That is why they are called 'Community moderators' and why they were assigned this specific task. To make it easier for the staff and everyone else to read through important topics, yes? 

Edited by Verre

Official thread:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/275479-late-saturdaysunday-login-issues/

Lotus never lets you down long! \o /

Thank goodness. 

There, you can finally calm down and eat a snickers. 

Edited by Verre

COPS?

are you really putting a GAME on par with public security, hospitals and the like?

Seriously?

I admit, that's a bit of an extreme comparison. But, have you ever worked for a company before? It is priority one to keep servers online 24/hrs 365. Bar none, IT handles this immediately. Money makes the world go around friend, this is not just a "GAME".