Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sniper Mod Ideas

DeiUmbrarum

Over Penetration

+ Punch Through

- Critical Damage

Thermal Scope

While aiming see enemies through cover that can be punched through.

Take Aim

Damage bonus for tracking an enemy through your scope for a short time

Bolt Action

+ Accuracy or Damage

- Reload Speed

Bolt Action (alternate)

+ Damage

Reduce Clip Size to one

Unseen Force

+ Crit Chance against unalerted enemies

Noise Reduction

Just some ideas, some might not be feasible but I think adding a couple would help set snipers further into their own category.

Leave a comment and let me know what you think!

Friend asked me to add Armor Penetration as a mod concept for discussion. Not sure where puncture's proc would fit in with that necessarily, but it's certainly an idea to consider.

Edited by DeiUmbrarum

Gasp, MINUS Crit DMG on over penetration . That'd be a tough sell since 2.1m seems about as much as you could ever need.

If some of these were mods for warframes and not the weapon itself I could see myself using it for fun like thermal scope-regardless of the punch through>.<.

Overpenetration sounds like a bad idea. There already kinda is that with Snipetron and Vulkar, Snipetron seems to be anti-materiel (high penetraiton, lower damage), while Vulkar is anti-personnel (higher damage, no penetration).

The rest sound interesting, though I think a better name could be thought of for Thermal Scope, like "Range Finder" or something, I dunno.

Gasp, MINUS Crit DMG on over penetration . That'd be a tough sell since 2.1m seems about as much as you could ever need.

If some of these were mods for warframes and not the weapon itself I could see myself using it for fun like thermal scope-regardless of the punch through>.<.

Heh, but there's still pillars and walls I can't shoot through. I mean, what if I want to incap capture targets from mission start?

Moved to proper section.

No matter how many times I read posts there I appear never to remember that a fan concepts section exists.

That said, I can't for the life of me think of anything that would go in General that wouldn't belong in a sub forum.

Edit: Had to double check this, but there doesn't seem to be a mention of the Fan Concepts section in the General Discussion "What is and isn't General Discussion" post and since it's hidden as a subforum in the miscellaneous section it probably warrants mention.

Edited by DeiUmbrarum

I'm totally for Overpenetration and Thermal Scope (Bolt Action I'm a bit divided on, since it's just another +damage modifier augmenting existing stats for a fairly small tradeoff?), but the ones I'm really keen on are Take Aim and Unseen Force.

I applaud you for these two ideas, which I think are pretty standout. They're thematic, work well within the current combat system, and best of all, innovative. They fit and indeed, complement the role snipers should fill in a long-range, high-damage single-target support weapon, have the potential to make snipers a viable choice over bows, and don't introduce any new or confusing mechanics we haven't seen before. The deal-maker for me is the fact that they're actually mechanics which are exclusive to snipers and go a long way towards making them relevant in conventional combat - and they're a breath of fresh air among the calls for 'more crit' or 'more punchthrough'.

I'm having......shall we say, unconventional thoughts at the names and the sequence >:D

That aside, I'd absolutely love this in-game.

You... made me think.

I'm glad you agree, thanks for the support!

Here's another mod idea I had that wasn't necessarily targeted at making sniper's more snipery like these were, hence the second thread, but adding an additional option for them to hold their own in mid range combat at the cost of a mod slot.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/290314-mod-idea-shatter/

Also, as an aside, an argument I could make for adding more punch through is that Thermal Scope would make longer punch throughs more viable, especially if the Thermal Scope mod was dependent on punch through to determine it's range.

• 1 month later...