Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Theory] Crazy Theory On Orbs.

Pavelord

gpWHQ21.jpg

Summary at the end.

In recent discussions about  what is the void and void energy, ideas that try to incorporate current physics theories were made into comments and how they pertain to a different conceptualization of the void, if my understanding of those comments is not way off, it would imply that the void is not a different dimension separated from our reality, occupying a different space, alternate to our universe, instead it is a dimension that exist within our own universe and contiguous or maybe overlapping to our reality, but the thing that keep us apart is not a insourmountable space-time barrier that delineates both realities; is more like a dimensional blur that very hardly let us discern its location and existance. Think about Mercury description, maybe all tower keys take us to the hidden orokin towers within the reality of Mercury.

In this vision both realities are actually interconected and a great deal of complexity of traveling from one to another is removed, paving the way for the following concept.

What I want to propose here is the possibility that void energy seeps through in very small condensations that are disseminated through all the origin system. How to correlate orbs with the void?, first what do we know about the void:

-it has a "twisting" and "devouring" aspect, probably metaphorical.

-is difficult to reach.

-orokin technology is hidden here.

-it afflicted the tenno.

-every warframe power is channel from the energy that comes from it.

-orokin reasoning failed, it´s not specified for how long.

-causes interference with sensors.

-its energy can imprint emotions, memories and information.

What do we know about orbs:

-out of all pick up items, orbs don´t have a "man-made" appearance in comparison to ammo pick ups, team restores, life support modules and resources.

heiukoj.pngdBhsTP6.png

-they regenerate health (red), power energy (blue), stamina (green), affinity (white), provide navigation coordinates for derelict and Lephantis (black space), oberon blueprints (pink), and Vay Hek beacons (earth sphere with Hek´s face).

-several of them are found everywhere.

Now with this I want to establish a relation with other information we have.

-(Mirage Spoiler)-      In Mirage quest as a result of reading a void imprint in an energy signature we obtain a blueprint.

-Red and blue orbs mildly replicate Trinity´s powers.

-Affinity or experience is distributed among all near tenno, and is analogous with Trinity´s Link in that it distributes all experience of pain among near enemies.

-nav coordinates can be found on every level while Golem nav coordinates only in derelict.

-the image in nav coordinates orbs and beacons, show the destination of each, a point in space for nav coordinates and earth for beacons, while the other orbs resemble amorphous shapes in clear and dark tones with certain semblance to the clouds in the void as seen from the interior of the Liseth.

u3xrSEy.jpg

I turned the picture upside down for a clearer reference to the likeness.

Working Hypothesis

Base on the above information is easy to correlate Mirage Quest with the pink orb, as in Mirage quest a blueprint is found within the imprinting in a trace of void energy; branching from this relation it can be infer that other orbs containing information also contain a void imprint.

Nav coordinates orbs require a greater number to assemble a coordinate, that would suggest they are smaller quantities of void energy or that the imprint is made of fleeting knowledge of units that explored the derelicts and came back; the same can be applied to golem coordinates but in this case the imprint would be from infested units that originated from the golem´s ship and dispersed or small impressions collected from the hypothetical "hive mind".

On the same line, beacons are provided by prosecutors, who are units hand picked by Vay Hek and know his location, beacons information is eroded or incomplete by the hypothetical void energy technology that is use to create eximus and prosecutor auras; as prosecutor auras are made to repel several but one type of energy hence they need to be reassemble in a frequency triangulator.

Blue orbs can be seen just as raw void energy, with no kind of imprint not other type of alteration, it is there and it is absorved by warframe or tenno to fuel its powers.

It is often portrayed in mythologies that a original creator of the universe is represented as the whole containing all that exist but also as each of it individual parts; that put me on the theory that the Void and its warping nature is represented in warframe powers, and each of this powers represent a single facet of the plethora that conforms the Void. Is in this theory that I make the assumption that red and green orbs come with the Regenerative Facet of the void. 

Implications 

-Gives a sensible answer to the void key-void energy paradox.

-Keys posses a inherent void energy base, coordinate system.

-Tennos and/or warframes have a natural sensibility to detect and absorb void energy.

-all inhabitants of the origin system are unknowingly in constant contact with void energy, and depending in the concentration of the enviroment or the individual; a strong mental impression could create a void-imprint. 

-Other factions have a rudimentary use of void energy, and presents a way to explain the use of several of the supernatural phenomena like: ancient´s healing ability, grineer teleportation, leech auras, eximus warframe-like powers, prosecutors unnatural elemental resistances and eximus auras.

-Specters, warframe cloned replicants could be created from the void energy in any given warframe to mold it to its shape and through imprinting give it basic motor and cognitive functions as its clear they are not biological clones, cloning the void energy donated by the original and not using any in the construction process.

-Void energy could had been used to fill orokin cells, and as a core component it passes on the Void´s warping nature to the refined construction components: forma with its "shape altering" (seriously, from latron to tiberon!?) and potatoes and their energy modification (as mod cards are orokin artifacts that raise and modify a frame¨s void energy capacities, explained by conclave rating and the new corpus void energy detectors).

Summary

I justify the existance of Orbs within the warframe universe within the view of a universe where the Void is a intrinsict and overlapping existance to our reality with the condition of being almost indiscernible,  theorizing them as  the seeping of void energy into the origin system by correlating them to the energy and coordinates orbs and comparing them to the Void-imprint concept and warframe powers, also mention some plausible consequences.

Thanks for reading so far, there are still some holes and glaring assumptions of mine, hope future information help me change that, this theory comes as a result of discussions on the forums on the nature of void, void energy and the usage of keys.

Hmm, and here I just assumed that the devs never got around to giving orbs unique models. That's certainly an interesting way to justify their existence, though that said I still think they could use some redesigning to make them look more like energy and less like holograms (and weapon/warframe parts should have a unique model of their own)

I always thought that the orbs are condensed versions of something, so a blueprint orb is like a sheet of paper that has been folded into a ball, or the health orbs are bits of medicine in a ball, possibly to keep it from contacting the air around it, as the air and chemicals in the medicine could react with each other, violently, or just causing the meds to break down. My theory is, of course, less set in lore and in game science and more based on my understanding of physics and chemistry.

Further theorizing:

Energy/Stamina orbs: Some kind of energy drink, again shielded from the air.

Nav co-ords/Hek Beacons: Folded up maps, split up to make them harder to follow.

Affinity orbs: This one is a bit tricky for me. Perhaps it is a video of some description that shows a different/better way to use your weapons and frames, so you learn a bit more about it.

Edit: Just to be clear, I like your theories, this is just my interpretation.

Edited by Entari0

Warframe's world includes elements which can be boiled down to "sci-fi space magic." There is no question that you can justify conceivably anything to make sense in the world, because "magic" will always be a valid argument for something existing, and because of that nothing wouldn't make sense.

I think a better question is whether orbs look good aesthetically, since the question of "does this make sense?" can always be answered "yes" in Warframe's world. I'm leaning towards no, personally. I mean look at them. I'm fairly certain they just use a colored Decoy texture, and other than that they're just balls. Not exactly pleasing to the eye.

Just seems like people are trying too hard to accept something they don't even really like to begin with, trying to make it "justified" with explanations like this...but hey, maybe I'm just trying to hard to advocate change. So there's that.

Warframe's world includes elements which can be boiled down to "sci-fi space magic." There is no question that you can justify conceivably anything to make sense in the world, because "magic" will always be a valid argument for something existing, and because of that nothing wouldn't make sense.

The void is magic. Logic and science don't really apply there, it's basically this setting's nanomachines. 

Magic powers? They come from the void.

Supernatural phenomena? Probably also void-based.

Weird space clouds? Void again.

That said, I'm pretty sure orbs are just a gameplay thing.

Interesting, but your inclusion of green (stamina) and pink (blueprints and blueprint parts) orbs has me wondering how they fit into this this theory.

green are a bit tricky since we only see them in the obstacle course, and there is no analogous warframe powers that raises stamina, one of the concepts in the theory is that mod cards are orokin artifacts that contain void energy (as they make you easier to detect with corpus void energy detectors), in a broad sense mods modify the input and output of void energy into you warframe, for example auras that recover health or power, mods that convert power to stamina, mods that planly raise your stamina. This kind of things led me to believe that void energy can be also  imprinted with this warping of your abilities, now from my point of view all supernatural phenomena caused by warframes and mod cards are refined versions of the aspects of the Void, that is to say the void has the power to manipulate freezing, cause things to burst in fire, create and produce plasma like electricity, esencially all warframes powers and many more encompass the many aspects of the voids "warping/twisting" nature, I suggested red and green orbs inherited a regenerative "warping" of health and stamina.

The other thing I said is that void energy is all around but in diminute quantities, whether in the past some Oberon like Mirage, or the creator of the Oberon warframe imprinted this to be found, this are some of the holes i mentioned.

Hmm, and here I just assumed that the devs never got around to giving orbs unique models. That's certainly an interesting way to justify their existence, though that said I still think they could use some redesigning to make them look more like energy and less like holograms (and weapon/warframe parts should have a unique model of their own)

I usually play in low visual requirements, so I hadn´t notice orbs kind of vibrate and pulse, there is something inmaterial about their shape, and don´t forget that Loki´s decoy is a warframe power and is argueably made of void energy, a much rudimentary form of a specter.

I think a better question is whether orbs look good aesthetically, since the question of "does this make sense?" can always be answered "yes" in Warframe's world. I'm leaning towards no, personally. I mean look at them. I'm fairly certain they just use a colored Decoy texture, and other than that they're just balls. Not exactly pleasing to the eye.

Just seems like people are trying too hard to accept something they don't even really like to begin with, trying to make it "justified" with explanations like this...but hey, maybe I'm just trying to hard to advocate change. So there's that.

The void is magic. Logic and science don't really apply there, it's basically this setting's nanomachines. 

Magic powers? They come from the void.

Supernatural phenomena? Probably also void-based.

Weird space clouds? Void again.

That said, I'm pretty sure orbs are just a gameplay thing.

Not knowing what is the void and how it works, is not having the fundamental element to give explanations of certain aspects of the game, so here by justifying orbs and reverse enginered the explanation to assert a plausible explanation of the void was part of the intent.  I link a list of plausible after plausible ideas that can take as many existing elements and give them sense, mostly for entertainment. It is highly likely that they are just old concept arts for a game mechanic, but you know what they say, to some people posting in the forums is their endgame. 

It could always inspire someone, or give some logical structure to other theorist and maybe warframe roleplayers alike.