Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Hardcore Warframe Mode

rockscl

At first i was like "hell, we are gonna stake everything we built and lose it overnight? nope! i'm out seeya!"

But after careful reading, the idea might not be so bad after all, especially about your "season". if the frame is just locked away from coming to the normal side, with augmented stats, unique mods or weapons, prime parts. I have to say i'm quite interested in sending a fodder frame to see what it looks like.

For an end game idea, it is very well thought, original, and fit well in the game for my opinion.

Players are saying no rewards are worth it, i think i would like to disagree. how about a very unique frame or weapon? if we stick to perma death of warframes?

But if we just lock away a desceaced warframe during one "season" i would definetly try the HC, with the possibility to obtain additionnal stats on warframe or weapons, cosmetics.

But like many here, i'm will NOT be sending my favorite frame to the oblivion, just fodders to clean up my inventory.

in other games, you have all the classes unlocked, then you play HC.

Here, some Frames are easy to get, other extremely hard or tedious. If we had HC, my gut feeling would be to just assemble Rhinos or Oberons. We could "farm" those rather fast.

I like the concept, but I just don't see it. Have done some limited play-testing, and the simple fact that maps have infinite spawns, and that some units - like Kubrows for example - would be OP to a Frame levelling up (they can wipe the map of enemy units on their own just by you making them follow you), and there is still too many one-shot moments that are basically RNG spawn based.

In DIablo you could just Town Portal out, but what happens here if bad RNG spawns trap you? What happens if you mission quit?

Playing REALLY carefully here does not feel like hardcore mode. One thing is HC in a loot-centric game where you push yourself to find more shiny loot, and another thing is playing a game like CoD4 in mission mode where a death simply means starting again, and seeing exactly the same content, with little variation.

With the core game as is, other then an eccentric game mode to dabble in, I don't see it. I'd rather just go play Borderlands again, and wipe my own save after a making up my own set of arbitrary conditions, and since I don't play for "shiny loot" here, any rewards are not motivation to do so.