Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Concept: Project Tempos

Honzuly

tempos_full_description_by_sk1pter-d8fzd

Hello there again dear tenno! This is my second try to get a new warframe in this amazing game, this time with art and everything else. 

UPDATED VERSION (v 1.2 - 21.12.2014) -> Added Base stats + Instantium field duration
FURHTER UPDATES (v 1.4 - 30.1. - x.2.2015 due to delayed conferation) -> New image description + (US)s (*added stamina*)

Explanations:
(WIP) - this is currently being worked on and you can send your opinions and suggestions ;).
(US) - this means Updated soon and is gonna be updated in the next version update :).

All the ability actual base stats could be applied in future with your help.

I also wanna know your opinion on this frame, because that's all that matters! I would like to thank the people that helped to develop and extend this idea so far.

Credits: 

Honzuly - Me xD the main developer (for now), you can PM me with suggestions on changes. (www.facebook.com/honzuly - my fb page.

SK1PTER - The artist for this project, also the 4th Ability Development Manager, so PM him with any ideas to that ability if so. (www.twitch.tv/sk1pters - his twitch channel on which he is streaming the drawing sometimes.

Khodos - The lore developer.

Escherion1 - The name developer.

Meldieboy - A lot of good opinions and advices, thank you!

Trams87 - Also a lot of good opinions and advices, thanks!

LunskEE - The sound developer, Advertisement manager.

RexSol - Advertisement manager.

Toumachan - Advertisement manager.

I need to thank you the most and hope that we success.  

Alright, that is all that I (and those guys up there) was thinking of. Wish my idea luck, and contact me or one of the above with your suggestion on a change, or an art suggestion etc.

Edited by Honzuly

those clocks, too obvious, i don't like them, also tenno don't use roman numbers, i kinda like the helmet a bit though.

If there are any Tenno numbers, then we can use them......and...tenno use Roman/Latin names so why not roman numbers? :)

Nice concept, dude.

Stat suggestions;

Since he's a manipulator frame, why not give him a standard 100 shield/75 health base start and 300 shield and 225 health gain on rank 30 ?

Powers:
Rewind- Instead of directly healing the player and making a selected enemy i.e. let's say a boss walk back in time will make the game extremely easy. And we don't want things to get easier than it already is.

Why not make it so that the power, when casted on a player makes him/her shift out of the timeline. He can't do anything but can potentially get out of a bad position and get back to relative safety. And when casted on an enemy, a selected number of enemies get sent back in time. They are held in a temporal field which if attacked will break it, enemy or friendly fire doesn't matter. Enemies released from the field experience reduced accuracy, weapon jamming and armor degradation from the timeline shifts.

And to prevent Limbo-esque trolls, make a cap on friendly health so that the ability cannot be trollcasted.

• 4 weeks later...

So first ability is OP as hell IMO. Cast, stand still and shoot. It's valkyr on crack since you can use your 5 forma primary weapon. I would switch it to the same as movement. Where there's a chance to not get hurt.

Second ability is cool but I'm waiting for the defense trolling. Keeping one enemy alive forever and ever and you can't do anything about it (because it would need to stop your bullets too)

Third ability would be ridiculously hard to code I think. They would have to add a mechanic to the game where it recorded every hit you took from every enemy for how much damage and hold onto those numbers until the enemy died. Huge amounts of data just pulling up and being stored.

And fourth ability, after out ends do they revert to normal or is that a permanent thing. Because it it's permanent it's amazingly press 4 to win.

I'm not trying to be an &#! ive had my own ideas that have been shot down by people, because the issues weren't apparent to me due to it being my idea. Just trying to point them out so you can modify and change to make them work well.

Cool idea, could be great. I'm all for different warframes.. I need MOAR.

Edited by Mizar0011

So first ability is OP as hell IMO. Cast, stand still and shoot. It's valkyr on crack since you can use your 5 forma primary weapon. I would switch it to the same as movement. Where there's a chance to not get hurt.

Second ability is cool but I'm waiting for the defense trolling. Keeping one enemy alive forever and ever and you can't do anything about it (because it would need to stop your bullets too)

Third ability would be ridiculously hard to code I think. They would have to add a mechanic to the game where it recorded every hit you took from every enemy for how much damage and hold onto those numbers until the enemy died. Huge amounts of data just pulling up and being stored.

And fourth ability, after out ends do they revert to normal or is that a permanent thing. Because it it's permanent it's amazingly press 4 to win.

I'm not trying to be an ! ive had my own ideas that have been shot down by people, because the issues weren't apparent to me due to it being my idea. Just trying to point them out so you can modify and change to make them work well.

Cool idea, could be great. I'm all for different warframes.. I need MOAR.

I understand you :)

To the things you wrote: 1) i could do a damage reduction while using the ability, or a percentual hit chance :).

2)hmmmm......well.....then it should do some damage.....i inspired a little by the rhino stomp there....so yeah.....i don't think adding a cooldown would be the solution...se we'll add some damage to it.... :) (maybe over time :) )

3)Yeah that's a bit of a problem tehre :/ . But it's cool so why not? :D (and i will make that unspammable, too)

4) it's kinda like miasma, but with decreasing their health and shields...so...if you won't kill them, then i assume that they'll slowly turn back. U know :D i don't wanna make it too OP... :).

Great opinions m8! :). Be sure to follow this topic for more updates :).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I guess that i will just add teh new things here, since we can't work on the Imgae since February. To let you know, as i said, WE WILL finish this frame and there will be another weapon suggestion from us-an axe-tonfas weapon.

So here's the new stuff:

First ability - (WIP):
"Skip" - When casted, Tempos starts flickering (appearing in different times). If he is standing, the bullets flying at him will fly through. When moving, there will be a percentage of bullets flying through. This ability could be affected by Duration and Strenght.   (Unable to shoot, able to Melee)

Second ability - (WIP) + (US):
"Instantium field" - When casted, a bubble inside of which time doesn't flow will appear around a selected enemy in range. The bubble will stop enemies and projectiles. This ability could be affected by Duration and Range.

Duration:    Range
3s - Rank 0      2,5m - All ranks
4.5s - Rank 1
6s - Rank 2
8s - Rank 3               

Third ability - (WIP):
"Rewind" - When casted on a selected enemy, it will go back the path that it walked for the duration of the ability and the damage that has been done to you or/and your allies by that target will be percentually rewerted (healed). This ability could be affected by Range and Strenght. [CHANGE] - The enemy is going to get teleported depending on your range and you and/or your teammates are going to be healed instantly (still percentually)

Fourth ability - (WIP) + (US):
"Respira" - When casted, Tempos emits a cloud of time disturbing particles, which makes the enemies inside it go into a time where they do not exist. This ability will decrease the maximum Shields and Health of the enemies in range over time (a kind of 'aging process' ). This ability could be affected by Range, Strenght and Duration.

Energy cost  Duration                               This will be a channeled ability
  50 - cast             3s - Rank 0     
                           4.5s - Rank 1
                           6s - Rank 2
                           8s - Rank 3    
Edited by Honzuly

I feel you could just focus more with the rapid aging concept in terms of custom death animations: like the cload turns grineer to dust (viral/fire cloud), corpus armor and robots to rust (proc magnetism/electricity cloud) , and the infested into old bio goo (corrosion/toxin pool) upon death. actually a cool augment could be like a distabilizing of time in the cloud so bullets fired into it will be flung back at enemies in reversed time (possibly wrecking their gun if it goes back in the barrel due to momentem and either blowing up or disarming) or while allies are inside they get a few years back (health + energy boost) just my thoughts

• 3 weeks later...

I feel you could just focus more with the rapid aging concept in terms of custom death animations: like the cload turns grineer to dust (viral/fire cloud), corpus armor and robots to rust (proc magnetism/electricity cloud) , and the infested into old bio goo (corrosion/toxin pool) upon death. actually a cool augment could be like a distabilizing of time in the cloud so bullets fired into it will be flung back at enemies in reversed time (possibly wrecking their gun if it goes back in the barrel due to momentem and either blowing up or disarming) or while allies are inside they get a few years back (health + energy boost) just my thoughts

Good idea! :) we're currently working with the ulti more :) it will be specified more in the next update which will happen "mid-July" :)