Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Feedback

CubedOobleck

Nyx is a fun warframe with it's (sadistic) concept of using the enemy's strength against them, but suffers because it's skill are troublesome to code. 

MIND CONTROL
While not among the best 1st skills in the game, turning an enemy into an ally can serve multiple purposes as the enemy gets stunned, turns into a decoy and deals a bit of damage while getting hit. Of course this doesn't work on bosses but they still get the initial stun which is a nifty solution.
What I dislike about this skill is that enemies somehow know that your target will turn on them before the initial stun stops and that your target often wastes a lot of you skill's duration looking for cover, trying to shoot through walls/floors or shooting deactivated turrets.
Some enemies with 'advanced' powers don't work correctly: the rolling grenades of seekers will target other enemies but not stick to them, nor explode; shield ospreys will keep on buffing corpus and moas instead of your team; the stomp of shockwave moas won't knock corpus and other moas to the ground; fusion moas don't use their laser.(let me know if I missed any).

Lastly, recasting a second Mind Control while the previous target is still active should free the previous target and control the new one, so that players have a bit more flexibility in how they use the skill.

PSYCHIC BOLTS
Although Nyx shouldn't have a powerful damage skill, less than 900 damage thinly spread in 7 bolts is really not enough for 50 energy.
This skill is also unreliable because the auto targeting doesn't always work correctly and the bolts will often hit obstacles when they spread out. I think Psychic bolts should just pass through stuff, they aren't physical afterall. Also for some reason the bolts deal extra damage to infested like melee weapons, I'm not sure what to make of this, perhaps it's because their mind is weak?

CHAOS
After the recent nerf the skill feels a lot more balanced, it is still the best crowd control skill with it's great range decent duration and quick casting, it simply doesn't last forever anymore. However Chaos suffers from from the same problems as Mind Control (though it goes less-noticed in the crowd), except ancient healers and shield ospreys should simply stop casting when affected. You should be allowed to recast the skill before it's completely finished, any old targets would be uncontrolled.

ABSORB
I love the idea, but the execution is rather poor: firstly the damage cap needs to go because it ruins the concept of being stronger against strong enemies, if without it the skill is too powerful simply make it reflect 75% or 50% of the damage instead of 100%; secondly the skill needs some kind of aggro so that at least the closer enemies will shoot you reliably in coop missions, I like the team potential of absorbing friendly fire, but as an ultimate it should work well even it your team doesn't help you; thirdly focus should work on this skill by either increasing the damage cap or (if that is removed) increasing the percentage of reflected damage.
As far as bugs go, shade will turn you invisible while you cast the skill making it unusable if you chose this sentinel.

LEADERBOARDS
It's worth mentioning that damage and kills between controlled and chaosed enemies aren't counted (I see the difficulties in this), personally leaderboards are far down my list of priorities, but it can annoy sometimes that your 'damage' is lower than other teammates simply because half of your skills don't deal it directly.

Ash feedback - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/17085-ash-feedback/?p=152282
Banshee feedback - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/46387-banshee-feedback/?p=469683
Frost feedback - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/42221-frost-feedback/

Loki feedback - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/64930-loki-feedback/

Rhino feedback - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/19790-rhino-feedback/?p=176272
Saryn feedback - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/63519-saryn-feedback/
Trinity feedback - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/24289-trinity-feedback/?p=217976

Vauban feedback - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/68822-vauban-feedback/

Stats overview - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/43702-stats-overview/

Edited by CubedOobleck

MIND CONTROL

While not among the best 1st skills in the game, ... , ancient healers will keep healing enemies instead of tennos, ...

The Ancient Healers Green wave does heal you and your allies when under the effects of Mind Controll, it also heals the Pod in a defence mission. Also the Toxic Ancient's poison will not hurt you while under the effects of Mind Controll...

The Ancient Healers Green wave does heal you and your allies when under the effects of Mind Controll, it also heals the Pod in a defence mission. Also the Toxic Ancient's poison will not hurt you while under the effects of Mind Controll...

Ok thanks, I'll fix that about the ancient healers, but the fact that poison doesn't hurt you is because of friendly-fire which is intended as far as I can tell.

Ok thanks, I'll fix that about the ancient healers, but the fact that poison doesn't hurt you is because of friendly-fire which is intended as far as I can tell.

Right on, I agree with most everything you said. It's just when I read that I had the flash back to me and my buddies testing that... It sucked because we thought to test it on wave 23, haha.

Everything that isn't Chaos is pretty underwhelming.

Mind Control needs to last longer, or the mind-controlled AI needs to be an actual help.

Psychic Bolts needs to have its targeting sharpened up, a lot.

Chaos needs to be fixed from its current broken status. It needs the duration to be balanced as a huge-area 75-energy full-proof CC skill; currently it lasts forever, which makes defense maps trivial.

Absorb needs to have a taunt mechanic to it, similar to how decoy and moult draw fire from enemies.

I'm not sure why psychic bolts is even a projectile. It autoaims, it's not like the thing's a skillshot! Just have it pick 5 targets next to your reticule and deal the damage...

It's terrible as a projectile.  Enemies should just get hit.  I was in a large room... fired off psychic bolts and they all went into the ceiling.  Lots of glowing enemies but no damage given.

The bolts are somewhat underwhelming damage-wise,

could need a buff, or i need more of the power amp mods, dunno. So far its the least usefull skill in her set for me..

also i want to add that the thing that bugs me the most seems to be that a mind-controlled enemy seems to be harmless at best if he isnt in a big pack.

Would be great if he could act more agressive and attack like he does under normal circumstances.

Also the power duration mod works wonders imo.

The bolts are somewhat underwhelming damage-wise,

could need a buff, or i need more of the power amp mods, dunno. So far its the least usefull skill in her set for me..

also i want to add that the thing that bugs me the most seems to be that a mind-controlled enemy seems to be harmless at best if he isnt in a big pack.

Would be great if he could act more agressive and attack like he does under normal circumstances.

Also the power duration mod works wonders imo.

Why does it need better damage?  It's because most of the time the bolts don't hit anything.

I only use psychic bolts against bosses because it seems to me that 2 of them will hurt him more than absorb. In any other case I just use mind control on single targets or chaos to keep rooms enemies occupied while I heal players, regen shields or even just loot :P

DE, the nerf to Chaos was long expected and awaited, but Nyx's other skills aren't working completely right either, you can't simply address what it OP and ignore the issues that make other skill unreliable or underpowered.

ABSORB

it ruins the concept of being stronger against strong enemies, if without it the skill is too powerful simply make it reflect 75% or 50% of the damage instead of 100%; 

i Disagree ...   "reflect 100% is the Best "  a very advanced frame shuold have this awesome ability ( not OP ) u would love to keep as it is but add aggro machanic and increase the range and make it 20m like any other ULT and make it goes Through walls ... please .. Nyx MUST have a great ability/ a good damage ability 

I say "IF the skill is too powerful without the damage cap" I didn't just say they should reduce the reflected damage. I personally doubt the skill would be too strong, but it's hard to tell especially if they add some aggro to the skill, so I'm just dishing out alternative balance methods that aren't a solid damage cap. I guess you missed the IF and misread that sentence

About your thread, how can you not realize that aggroing every single enemy would be OP?

And on top of that you suggest the skill should absorb damage done to enemies that are trying to shoot at Nyx (which would be all according to your first idea). Other players would be furious, do you want Nyx users to be hated by the rest of their team?

Your thread wraps up as unbalanced and selfish, the only good thing you do over there is point out glitches.

Edited by CubedOobleck