Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Linux Version

For temporary solution before the devs decided to port it to another platform (MAYBE), I suggest you to try CrossOver ($$$) or Wine (FREE!).

WineHQ Test Results : Here

Silver rated!!!

Take care if you've spent a lot of money on platinum though. DE use an automatic and somewhat twitchy cheat detection program. I remember all too well Blizzard's Warden program (in)famously banning a guildmate of mine early on for running WoW in WINE.

Obviously, when he mentioned it, the geniuses on the forums screamed "well, obviously that isn't all that you were doing, you must have been doing something wrong..", as is universal whenever such automated systems misfire... :)

We have no evidence regarding DE's use of actual heuristics, of course. So far it just seems to fire for Cheat Engine and some other specitic exes in memory. Equally obiously, I don't expect Steve to weigh in and correct me, publicly on the specifics XD

(..though Steve, it might not hurt to hear your thoughts on running the game in WINE, it would help some folks. Me included, sometimes..)

I've been using Warframe in WINE for about a week now, I haven't had any issues with the cheat detection. I have a post on the subreddit describing how to set it up.

Could you post the link, or even better, made a tutorial about it right here?

Edited by Athros

I've been using Warframe in WINE for about a week now, I haven't had any issues with the cheat detection. I have a post on the subreddit describing how to set it up.

Really? I'm going to have to look into that then and see what can be one on the Mac side of that... being Unixy siblings and all.

This is ultimately the kind of thing any Official Port would have to be done through.