Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I Think The Proto Excal Skin Shouldnt Be Re-Released:l

(PSN)SB-PHUNKS

Thank you for your input i just dont know the definition of limited time.. i guess this source is wrong http://www.thefreedictionary.com/time-limited but yea like i said im tired man and will not be putting anymore money into this game being that if they are missed they will always come back you know how i can delete this thread?

OP is decent in this post. GG.

if you really want the thread gone PM a mod. devoid might still be on.

I consider it acceptible because its in the spirit of the season

protoskin is in the spirit of DE's anniversary!

it's from darksector, the spiritual precursor to WF. thus celebratory!

double ninja'd :|

Edited by VioDuskar

To all the people wishing that the skin was available on console... you guys already have the Renown Skin and Prestige Skin for Excalibur.    

^this person speaks truth!!!^

Really not, though. Renown and Prestige are skins. For those who argue Excal P is just a skin, you do so from the privilege of having one, a unique Warframe, mastery and all.

As far as Proto-Armor goes, that one is pretty clear. Its a skin, offered during the anniversary. Other anniversary items/skins have returned. The precedence stands.

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

It would be stupid for DE to NOT re-release the Proto-Excalibur skin and other limited platinum-offers, simply because it was generating money for them.

It would be stupid for DE to NOT re-release other past time limited offers, simply for the reason to satisfy the community. A satisfied community stays. A community that feels left out and ignored, will not grow and eventually diminish. For this reason they have removed all limited available items from the Codex, so a player does not "see" what they have missed so far. And that was a good choice, on a psychological level. You don't want to instil a grudge in someone with "You should have been around earlier, your loss."

The only thing anyone should be entitled to say with limited time and event centric items is; "I got it earlier than you have." DE said themselves they want to make events to be replayed, and also are aware of the reward issue for players who just happen to have been around.

The only positive thing about your thread is; at least you are only complaining about cosmetics and not event specific weapons and mods. Because they DO throw the game off balance a little, which is why I was very happy to see DE seeding previous event mods into the reward tables. That was a good choice. So yes, this thread could be a lot worse. Doesn't mean it's a good thread though.

If you feel annoyed and betrayed because you don't want to share your pixels with others, then this speaks volumes of your mentality and your state of mind. This is pretty sad.

Now, about your blatant ignorance about "limited time" and "exclusive"... you're a funny person.

A limited time item CAN also be exclusive, but it doesn't HAVE to. Founders access was available for a LIMITED TIME, yes, but their perks given have been EXCLUSIVE to those.

An exclusive item CAN be time limited, but doesn't HAVE to. For example, if you subscribe to Champions online, you get perks every month. A F2P person doesn't get these perks. Are they exclusive? Yes. Are they time limited? No. Because those perks are not limited to month, but in "how long you have been subscribed so far." So you can get them, you just have to pay for them. That makes them EXCLUSIVE to subscribers, but not TIME LIMITED.

The Excalibur Prime has always, and will always be a hot topic. For now, DE's decision and opinion is law.

But in some future, when every Warframe has an associated Prime Frame to it... except Excalibur? Then the issue will come back harder than ever, and DE would be hard pressed to not make a good decision about it, just to keep it consistent.

But the funny thing is; everybody in my circle of real life acquaintances understands and accepts when I'm explaining it with "This was a founders only perk, to help funding Warframe".

It would be stupid for DE to NOT re-release the Proto-Excalibur skin and other limited platinum-offers, simply because it was generating money for them.

It would be stupid for DE to NOT re-release other past time limited offers, simply for the reason to satisfy the community. A satisfied community stays. A community that feels left out and ignored, will not grow and eventually diminish. For this reason they have removed all limited available items from the Codex, so a player does not "see" what they have missed so far. And that was a good choice, on a psychological level. You don't want to instil a grudge in someone with "You should have been around earlier, your loss."

The only thing anyone should be entitled to say with limited time and event centric items is; "I got it earlier than you have." DE said themselves they want to make events to be replayed, and also are aware of the reward issue for players who just happen to have been around.

The only positive thing about your thread is; at least you are only complaining about cosmetics and not event specific weapons and mods. Because they DO throw the game off balance a little, which is why I was very happy to see DE seeding previous event mods into the reward tables. That was a good choice. So yes, this thread could be a lot worse. Doesn't mean it's a good thread though.

If you feel annoyed and betrayed because you don't want to share your pixels with others, then this speaks volumes of your mentality and your state of mind. This is pretty sad.

Now, about your blatant ignorance about "limited time" and "exclusive"... you're a funny person.

A limited time item CAN also be exclusive, but it doesn't HAVE to. Founders access was available for a LIMITED TIME, yes, but their perks given have been EXCLUSIVE to those.

An exclusive item CAN be time limited, but doesn't HAVE to. For example, if you subscribe to Champions online, you get perks every month. A F2P person doesn't get these perks. Are they exclusive? Yes. Are they time limited? No. Because those perks are not limited to month, but in "how long you have been subscribed so far." So you can get them, you just have to pay for them. That makes them EXCLUSIVE to subscribers, but not TIME LIMITED.

The Excalibur Prime has always, and will always be a hot topic. For now, DE's decision and opinion is law.

But in some future, when every Warframe has an associated Prime Frame to it... except Excalibur? Then the issue will come back harder than ever, and DE would be hard pressed to not make a good decision about it, just to keep it consistent.

But the funny thing is; everybody in my circle of real life acquaintances understands and accepts when I'm explaining it with "This was a founders only perk, to help funding Warframe".

Dont mean to sound like a broken record but an excal prime founders pack re release would also most likely cause a greater income than normal prime acces and would make those many on console or that found out about the game later than the people who were there first very happy but not only that they keep the blind blind and that is good? Not a very good game company sounds like microsoft to me and no its not about sharing its about being there first, like others that were there that were there before me.. Its about being fair not selfish self centered ect and finally, i garantee they will not re release excal prime with the founders items for the simplae fact that they cater to the people that helped them get off their feet.. They will probably end up making a clone of excal prime that is different but still not excal prime

So basically:

"I have it and I don't want new players to have it because I feel special walking around in relays with a skin that almost no one has"

Please start acting like a grown-up...

More like "Pc People have truly exclusive content why cant a minor amount of people everywhere?" Pretty sure they arent complaining over our ps4/xbox skins they have a ridiculous amount of ezclusive skins i.e. The rubedo skin Edited by (PS4)SB-PHUNKS

I heard steve saying the proto excal skin was going to be rereleased and as soon as i heard those words all i could do is close my eyes and shake my head in dissatisfaction.. First off, wen i bought plat to buy it last year i read "limited time only" with a countdown next to it.That led me to believe its never going to come back again. I went for it and was very happy with my purchase.Now this mockery surfaces in my radar and all i could say is if it is really going to resurface i think it isnt fair to the people that were there in the early ps4 warframe days. If they release it why not give away or sell all other exclusive limited time EVENT rewards that people also missed? I for one would like the lotus flower dynamic badge i missed? Or maybe the gate crash badge and hey while they are at it why not offend the founders and resell excal prime? Just like the founders pack was for a limited time and people cannot get it anymore they spit in the face of the limited amount of people that got the proto excal skin.Just like the people that bought excal prime during its limited time run THEY WERE THERE. And just like i bought the proto skin I WAS THERE when others were barely coming to the ps4 from last gen.

Like i said i will stop supporting this game,i am done repeating myself over the true definition of "limited time only" DE should change their proto excal on sale for a limited time banner to "get this limited YEARLY proto excal skin or wait another year tenno!" I along with others feel very unhappy.

Really not, though. Renown and Prestige are skins. For those who argue Excal P is just a skin, you do so from the privilege of having one, a unique Warframe, mastery and all.

As far as Proto-Armor goes, that one is pretty clear. Its a skin, offered during the anniversary. Other anniversary items/skins have returned. The precedence stands.

I don't think excalibur prime is a skin since it has an additional V polarity slot and a V aura slot. Excalibur Prime also has a special passive ability (as do all prime warframes) where contact with an Orokin Void Death Orb will make them release an energy pulse that grants 250 Energy to all nearby allies. Edited by HoginWhogler

limited time =/= exclusive 

Founders was stated to be exclusive.  Event items are, by nature, limited time only.  But, they are not exclusive, as has been stated by DE.

"Limited time only" and "exclusive" are not interchangeable.

Limited time means there is a small window of time to get the item.

Limited time doesn't mean the item can not be offered again.

Quoted for emphasis. The Proto Excalibur skin wasn't ever described to be a one-time-only exclusive, that it would never return again like the Founders items.

It's already confirmed as coming back in the upcoming open beta anniversary, so get your platinum ready! :)

Locked as this is only going around in circles.