Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For A Skillfull Endgame: A Small Analysis About Analogic Skills And Ingame Mechanics

rockscl

In relation to the reasons to keep asking for changes in game mechanics, specifically in ultimates:

Analogic/action skills

what are they and why they should be part of every aspect of the game

Analogic, is that which fullfills the same function that another thing already does, but its not the same thing and does it in different ways, so, where are the analogic skills in warframe? heres one example: they are there when you run, you are not running, you are pressing W, and your character runs, you fulfill the function in a analogic system, now its easy to see that aiming, jumping, taking cover, avoiding bullets, map awareness and positioning, everything that involves parkour, skillshots like excal´s and ember´s 1, all those are analogic skills, that in general are being called "skills", and make this game´s shooter and action tags a thing in the "action shooter rpg"

Why should we even care about Analogic skills

Analogic skills are at least a 90% of the game in its early stage, so when do you start enjoying warframe?, you start enjoying warframe when you can: at the beggining, otherwise you dont even see the endgame, now forgive me for saying that what is obvious, but i wanted to make this obviousness a statement, people comes into warframe to play in this system where their analogic skills have a LOT of meaning, i mean, a real high relevance, and they like it, analogic skills, in resume are fun and engaging in warframe, thats why we should care about them

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

going further and suggestions

RPG, and where are analogic skills going in endgame

Now, after a while playing this game, the usage of abilities becomes less and less restrained by energy, changing from bottleneck life savers to become a must in mid stages of the game, a needed thing, and, in endgame they became the very best option, while the reason is arguably the grind needed in this game, i want to speak about energy system + ability design and how it kills analogic skills, because i dont see the grind going anywhere, its part of the game and i dont think thats wrong.

So, where did these analogic skills go after 500 hours playing warframe?, you have plenty of energy restores, plenty of radial nukes and cc, and you have a ton of enemies to deal with, that means the following things:

1 aiming isnt efficient anymore because they are too many

2 skills arent limited by energy anymore, because i have several ways to fill that gap

3 skillshots are a waste of time because: they dont deal enough damage, they wont keep me alive, 

4 radial skills will keep me alive and/or kill the enemy hordes more efficiently

so, aiming isnt efficient, parkouring isnt needed,  positioning means stepping in the middle of the enemy spawns, all these things we learned, trained and loved, now arent needed anymore, they have become trivial, anecdotes, some interesting stuff that you talk about, like: 

"did you know that theres a bus that goes across the forest and gets here too?, the view is so nice"

but you dont need it, because you just need to get here fast, of course one can enjoy sword alone, my favourite way btw, but when i see that excal, nova and trin team, making everything explode i feel it, i know how trivial im being with my analogic skills play, i see how their RPG decisions are far more efficient than my skills, and i wonder why arent these abilities having the same power, but under analogic skills mechanics, so i could take part of the party having fun, and not just grinding, because i could be having fun and grinding at the same time, but no, the right moment to press 4 can be always, and after i do it, analogic skills go home, and this, people, this is because two reasons:

1 the most efficient ultimates doesnt require analogic skills

2 energy is limitless if you took enough energy restores, or a trinity with your team

Endgame`s most difficult missions and better rewarding missions, are won by RPG skills, like in the liset you know?, is it wrong?, i dont think so, i think its viable, and it should be viable, but what we need is a more relevant synergy between RPG and analogic skills in endgame, this is how i think that can be achieved:

1 changing every radial nuke/cc, so they have:

a) an automatic working side, like Saryn/Excal´s current p42w ultimate

b) an analogic side, that empowers the ultimate to higher levels, allowing the player to make a notable difference between himself and other that is semi afk, or is plainly being replaced by a macro

for example: ash´s ultimate

this ability takes a task that the player can actually fulfill analogically, the task of finding targets, why should we make a job that the player can actually make? the players can be finding the targets, however, they cant be teleporting manually because using 2+E constantly would be awkward imo, so its good to join the teleport and the melee finisher in a single "E" tap, also, the ultimate has a limit of targets, removing that target limit and allowing the player to find as many targets as he can in the same duration, and auto-finding one target every certain amount of time if the players hasnt found one himself, like that, the ultimate has an automatic side, and an analogic side allowing players to make it more powerful than it currently is based on their participation, if things go too much beyond expected damage, just nerf the numbers a bit, like this, we have the same ash´s ultimate, but with player´s analogic skills in synergy, making it more powerful when the player is putting his hands into it

2 changing the energy system, so the proper moment to use radial skills stops being "always" in endgame

Edited by rockscl

Looks like another person is tired of pressing 4 and winning.

Not really sure why Trinity is mentioned in the same line as Excal and Saryn though.  EV isn't radial and has pin point targeting.  Blessing may be a full team heal/shield restore but if you're doing content in which players die in very short order it doesn't mean much since the damage reduction buff only happens if health damage is healed.

Personally, I believe that putting a minute cool down on ultimates would solve these problems pretty easily.

Also, because I hate people who think they're hot S#&$ when they're not, the devs should check out the Warframe generals, in the video game general board, on 4chan from time to time. Sometimes, you'll have someone spilling the "secrets". I know I saw a video of a team set up with ash going around cheesing on enemies that were perma-stunned as soon as they spawned.

Edited by Muinocriz

Personally, I believe that putting a minute cool down on ultimates would solve these problems pretty easily.

Also, because I hate people who think they're hot S#&$ when they're not, the devs should check out the Warframe generals, in the video game general board, on 4chan from time to time. Sometimes, you'll have someone spilling the "secrets". I know I saw a video of a team set up with ash going around cheesing on enemies that were perma-stunned as soon as they spawned.

I think cooldowns should be implemented as well

Thinking about this a bit, I feel like Limbo might be the best example of what a frame's skills should be like.

When I play Limbo, I like to make a finisher build, using banish to knock down enemies and using a melee finisher on them for kills. Why don't I play Limbo? everyone else nukes everything around me, making my efforts pointless.Limbo is a perfect example of a frame that has several strategic options at their disposal, which can't just insta kill everything in one cast. Even Cataclysm explosion isn't that strong on its own.