Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Arcane Enhancements From Cosmetics

PublikDomain

Arcane enhancements shouldn't be permanently tied to cosmetic items. One of the things I like about Warframe is that if I want to, I can completely change the way I look. I did this just the other day; I switched out all of my attachments and changed up my color scheme because I felt like my Nova was ready for a paint job. If arcane enhancements are permanently attached to a piece of gear, I have to now sacrifice my appearance for a specific buff or commit to one appearance for a very long time. These buffs also cannot be easily integrated into the loadout system.

Current problems:

-Enhancements are permanent

-Enhancements are tied to a cosmetic item

-Enhancements cannot be integrated into the loadout system

Please consider the following:

-Arcane Enhancements replaced with Arcane Cores

-Craft an Arcane Core with some other materials and money into an Arcane Rune

-Craft an Arcane Rune with more Arcane Cores to make an Arcane Charm (replaces current level 2 Enhancement)

-Craft an Arcane Charm with more Arcane Cores to make an Arcane Hex (replaces current level 3 enhancement)

-Craft an Arcane Hex with more Arcane Cores to make an Arcane Sigil (replaces current level 4 enhancement)

-Arcane Runes/Charms/Hexes/Sigils can be worn like rings or other jewelery in RPGs

-For those that have already attached an Arcane Enhancement, leave them grandfathered in or refund them

Or:

-Allow Arcane Enhancements to be freely/cheaply/quickly removed or transferred between cosmetics

What this does:

-Arcane Enhancements still represent a massive investment

-Arcane Cores can be still be traded and function in the same way as the current Enhancement items

-Arcane Enhancements aren't attached to a specific cosmetic and allow us to continue to be fabulous

-Arcane Enhancements can be worked into the loadout system as an extra set of slots under Upgrade

-The number of active enhancements is the same: one for each hand (2) versus one helmet and one syandana (2)

I want them off cosmetics entirely.  I never want there to be a decision stat-wise where I "need to wear a scarf".  I liked the stand they took against stat-bearing cosmetics when they took out Arcane Helmets (the originals).  Why they did a 180... 

Meh, just give us an enhancement screen or whatever and ditch the cosmetic-tie-in BS.

Enhancements are not permanent. You can overwrite them. Also you can get the enhancements in the game without spending money. So you dont have to ware that specific scarf or Helmet because you can go and grind for that arcane stat and put the same one on the other cosmetic.

Can you take one enhancement off of a helmet and move it to another? No? It's permanent. Even if you color over it with white-out, it's still there. It doesn't come off.

On the topic of overwriting an enhancement, does that keep the same level as before? Even then, I'd have to overwrite them with another enhancement, which are currently selling around 100-200p or require a (successful) hour-long raid to obtain one random enhancement, once per day. You also need 500k each time you apply one, and the overwrite takes 12 hours. They're not nearly cheap enough to just "overwrite".

Clearly, I should have one helmet of each type for each enhancement, and spend the years it would take to get each one to rank 4, just so I can have the freedom to look pretty.

Edited by PublikDomain

Enhancements are not permanent. You can overwrite them. Also you can get the enhancements in the game without spending money. So you dont have to ware that specific scarf or Helmet because you can go and grind for that arcane stat and put the same one on the other cosmetic.

If what I've heard about the cost and length of time in acquiring cosmetics is true, then they might as well be permanent.  Perhaps you "could" overwrite them, but if it's the same things as flushing your old enhancement, then that's idiocy considering the cost.  

I think the lack of convenience considering the grind is exactly why you'd want to have a separate slot system.  

DE: "We're removing Arcane helmets because we don't want enhancements tied to a particular cosmetic"

---1 year later---

DE: "We're introducing new super *underpowered and grindfest* enchantments for your cosmetic helmets that we nerfed. You get a bonus of having one tied to syandana too!"

DE: "We're removing Arcane helmets because we don't want enhancements tied to a particular cosmetic"

---1 year later---

DE: "We're introducing new super *underpowered and grindfest* enchantments for your cosmetic helmets that we nerfed. You get a bonus of having one tied to syandana too!"

With those it was a bit different. It was because the stats where permanently attached and not all the stats were good. An example of this would be Gambit Vauban Helmet it gave +10% Stamina with -10% Duration. Anyone who played Vauban knows that you need duration but they might have liked the look of the Gambit Helmet but could never use it because of the bad stats.

With those it was a bit different. It was because the stats where permanently attached and not all the stats were good. An example of this would be Gambit Vauban Helmet it gave +10% Stamina with -10% Duration. Anyone who played Vauban knows that you need duration but they might have liked the look of the Gambit Helmet but could never use it because of the bad stats.

How is this different, aside from us now choosing which stats go where? Stats still end up being the decider, not the look. If I've spent a month and millions of credits and dozens of hours building a rank 4 Arcane Trickster Swindle Loki helm, I'm now pretty much locked into it all the same. If I wanted that same stat for Ash I'd have to spend another month building a rank 4 Arcane Trickster Scorpion Ash helm. And what if DE releases a new helm for Loki? I now have to spend another month building a rank 4 Arcane Trickster Kitty Loki helm, after I get lucky finding an alert for one or buying it for 75 plat. "But you could just attach it to a syandana". A syandana which might not look good on one of the frames I want to use, and I'd still need a spare syandana. Besides that, aside from Syndicate syandanas, they're all premium!

Edited by PublikDomain

How is this different, aside from us now choosing which stats go where? Stats still end up being the decider, not the look. If I've spent a month and millions of credits and dozens of hours building a rank 4 Arcane Trickster Swindle Loki helm, I'm now pretty much locked into it all the same. If I wanted that same stat for Ash I'd have to spend another month building a rank 4 Arcane Trickster Scorpion Ash helm. And what if DE releases a new helm for Loki? I now have to spend another month building a rank 4 Arcane Trickster Kitty Loki helm, after I get lucky finding an alert for one or buying it for 75 plat. "But you could just attach it to a syandana". A syandana which might not look good on one of the frames I want to use, and I'd still need a spare syandana. Besides that, aside from Syndicate syandanas, they're all premium!

Well there is no Negative stats. It will benefit you in someway with no downside. Wearing the helmet with an arcane enhancement is better than one without an enhancement. With the Vauban Gambit Helm it was better just to wear something that had no stats then to wear that one.

DE want you to play the raid alot. Its a massive grind like everything else. Also it is possible to do 1 raid every day as it now has a 23 hour cool down. Meaning its possible to get 30 Enhancements in 30 days.

None of these enhancement are a "Must Have" and they will not make you overpowered. You dont "need" them so you can choose how you want to use them.

Well I think I am like the only one who uses the arcane gambit helmet owo If you go melee only it's quite handy.

I will never forget how someone asked me once "is that a new helmet?" and I was like "lolno". So the gambit helmet is pretty much a unicorn owo

Arcane enhancements shouldn't be permanently tied to cosmetic items. One of the things I like about Warframe is that if I want to, I can completely change the way I look. I did this just the other day; I switched out all of my attachments and changed up my color scheme because I felt like my Nova was ready for a paint job. If arcane enhancements are permanently attached to a piece of gear, I have to now sacrifice my appearance for a specific buff or commit to one appearance for a very long time. These buffs also cannot be easily integrated into the loadout system.

Current problems:

-Enhancements are permanent

-Enhancements are tied to a cosmetic item

-Enhancements cannot be integrated into the loadout system

Please consider the following:

-Arcane Enhancements replaced with Arcane Cores

-Craft an Arcane Core with some other materials and money into an Arcane Rune

-Craft an Arcane Rune with more Arcane Cores to make an Arcane Charm (replaces current level 2 Enhancement)

-Craft an Arcane Charm with more Arcane Cores to make an Arcane Hex (replaces current level 3 enhancement)

-Craft an Arcane Hex with more Arcane Cores to make an Arcane Sigil (replaces current level 4 enhancement)

-Arcane Runes/Charms/Hexes/Sigils can be worn like rings or other jewelery in RPGs

-For those that have already attached an Arcane Enhancement, leave them grandfathered in or refund them

Or:

-Allow Arcane Enhancements to be freely/cheaply/quickly removed or transferred between cosmetics

What this does:

-Arcane Enhancements still represent a massive investment

-Arcane Cores can be still be traded and function in the same way as the current Enhancement items

-Arcane Enhancements aren't attached to a specific cosmetic and allow us to continue to be fabulous

-Arcane Enhancements can be worked into the loadout system as an extra set of slots under Upgrade

-The number of active enhancements is the same: one for each hand (2) versus one helmet and one syandana (2)

Umm....what..? You can have non arcane cosmetics right now. In fact its infinity easier to have non arcane stuff. You don't just get arcane equipment you have to work for it. This post seems like a ho'ha about nothing. I'm calling troll, or at least filthy causal. I remember ridiculous complaints like this before and they were taken away totally. Stop trying to ruin other peoples gameplay.

Edit: I agree you should be able to move them somehow, even at a cost.

Edited by ItWasntMeIPromise

Well I think I am like the only one who uses the arcane gambit helmet owo If you go melee only it's quite handy.

I will never forget how someone asked me once "is that a new helmet?" and I was like "lolno". So the gambit helmet is pretty much a unicorn owo

I also have the Arcane gambit helmet, I find that the duration reduction discourages Vauban's traditionally sedentary nature, and the stamina buff is supposed to enable movement based tactics.

On topic I think the new arcanes are weak because it is a permanent power buff for a single frame (helmet) or all the frames (scarf). DE will probably continue releasing underpowered items due to the communities buff culture.

If arcane enhancements are permanently attached to a piece of gear, I have to now sacrifice my appearance for a specific buff or commit to one appearance for a very long time.

Um, no you don't. You don't have to min/max, you choose to min/max.

Nothing in this game requires you to make a min/max build. I have made it through this game just fine without one so far, and I can get to 40 mins in T3 survival just fine with only my Oberon and Dakra Prime (Both of which have no real special builds, and with not even fully ranked "necessary" mods like Redirection or Vitality).

Edited by Reidmaster

Um, no you don't. You don't have to min/max, you choose to min/max.

Nothing in this game requires you to make a min/max build. I have made it through this game just fine without one so far, and I can get to 40 mins in T3 survival just fine with only my Oberon and Dakra Prime (Both of which have no real special builds, and with not even fully ranked "necessary" mods like Redirection or Vitality).

I fail to see what min-maxing has to do with anything I'm talking about. I just want the flexibility to have my frame look how I want without having to worry that, while I'd like to switch to Loki's Enigma helm, I've got this 2 million credit rank 4 Swindle helmet that I should use instead. Not because I like the look of the cosmetic item but because I've sunk tons of money and effort into it giving it an endgame upgrade.

By separating Arcane Enhancements from cosmetic items and giving them their own place, we gain the flexibility to look how we want without having to commit to a specific appearance. That's the entire reason Arcane Helmets were removed in the first place. Because they were cosmetic items with non-cosmetic bonuses.

Edited by PublikDomain

I'd like to switch to Loki's Enigma helm, I've got this 2 million credit rank 4 Swindle helmet that I should use instead. Not because I like the look of the cosmetic item but because I've sunk tons of money and effort into it giving it an endgame upgrade.

This is what I am talking about, you seem to think that you are forced to use an item just because it has the enhancement on it - which you are not. Plus you get to choose what item you put it on.

I understand where you are coming from and I'm not totally against your idea, just the idea that you are forced to use the enhanced item.

That's the entire reason Arcane Helmets were removed in the first place. Because they were cosmetic items with non-cosmetic bonuses.

I'm pretty sure that the real reason they were removed was because there was no choice in what stats you got. If you liked the look of a helmet (and wanted to wear it) you were forced to have the specific stat changes.

Edited by Reidmaster

This is what I am talking about, you seem to think that you are forced to use an item just because it has the enhancement on it - which you are not. Plus you get to choose what item you put it on.

I understand where you are coming from and I'm not totally against your idea, just the idea that you are forced to use the enhanced item.

A raid takes about an hour to do. You'll probably fail a few times before that if you don't have a dedicated group that meets up every day. You can only get a raid reward once a day. If I were to spend 2 hours a day raiding for 10 days straight, I'd get 10 random arcane enhancements. I can probably trade them out to get 10 of the one I want. Applying each enhancement takes 12 hours. I'm not sure yet if you can apply multiple for the second stage or if it's one application at a time. If it's the former, it's 2 million credits 800k credits (they reduced it in 16.0.4 to 200k per craft) and an 48 hours of build time, on top of the 20 or so hours to get the enhancements. If it's the latter, it would be 2 million credits and 120 hours of craft time.

I'm wouldn't be forced to wear anything, but I'd have a 78-168 hour helmet telling me otherwise.

I like the idea of there being a separate category for where these "buffs" would get placed. I agree with a lot of you guys that the fact they placed it on helmets and sydanas makes the game feel extremely grindy if I would like all my frames to have some arcane bonus.

A raid takes about an hour to do. You'll probably fail a few times before that if you don't have a dedicated group that meets up every day. You can only get a raid reward once a day. If I were to spend 2 hours a day raiding for 10 days straight, I'd get 10 random arcane enhancements. I can probably trade them out to get 10 of the one I want. Applying each enhancement takes 12 hours. I'm not sure yet if you can apply multiple for the second stage or if it's one application at a time. If it's the former, it's 2 million credits 800k credits (they reduced it in 16.0.4 to 200k per craft) and an 48 hours of build time, on top of the 20 or so hours to get the enhancements. If it's the latter, it would be 2 million credits and 120 hours of craft time.

I'm wouldn't be forced to wear anything, but I'd have a 78-168 hour helmet telling me otherwise.

This exactly.  I don't see how people are still arguing with you here.