Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Crashes Nvidia Display Driver (April 2015)

FrostHunter24

well, imo, the nvidia audio driver is bs, i mean, your pc is likely to have already an audio chipset with driver

so why using another

as for the hardware acceleration, using firefox since a while, i found that disabling it has helped a lot as well

so mozilla's users would do it as well as google's ones

Edited by 5h1n0k4m1

I swapped in an GeForce 780, installed 353.06, and then ran the game in an 8-hour torture test -- the driver was totally fine.

I'm guessing there in some nuance that I'm missing here.

I'm using DVI hookups; maybe you need to be connecting to your monitor with an HDMI cable to involve the HDMI audio device that people are disabling?

Still having TDR crashes... Tried rolling back drivers (on my 4 di fferent one now), uninstalled Chrome, disabled the nVidia audio, still crashes.

I'm running dual monitors with DVI connections, gong to try swapping ports and then going to a single monitor.

System Specs:

i7 4790K

Asus Gene VII

GSkill 16g RAM

EVGA GTX980 FTW

Seasonic 700wt PSU

After last fix and rolling back to an older driver, the crash happens rarely now, the 2 (the fix and driver rolling back) happened in the same time , so i don't know which is the cuase for this progress.

I used TDR Manipulator to completely turn off TDR and it has been running fine for the last few days no crashes at all. I wonder if NVIDIA's default TDR settings are too sensitive and are unnecessarily resetting the driver.  I'll have to keep monitoring it, I've noticed no adverse affects at all yet, but the driver crashing was random and could go days without issue anyway so I won't know for sure until another week or so of playing

Running the game in Windows 7 compatibility and, running the launcher directly instead of using steam and it seems stable so far. Interesting how we have all done different things and are getting positive results at about the same time, maybe something else was updated that was actually causing the problem for all of us?

Well I still keep getting crashes.... Just a few minutes ago I was solo on Tower II Extermination ... killed all I had to kill and when on my way to extraction point suddenly freeze for a few seconds and then display controller stopped working and was restored as always :( .... Tried everything including rollback drivers one by one after each crash and still crashing a lot....

been having this issue for a while myself, your in a mission and the game just freezes for a second, tabs out and becomes impossible to tab back into, while all the sounds etc still work and teammates tell me im still moving.

glad its a known issue at least, and that DE is actively working on it 

I think quite a lot ppl have this problem or atleast a problem very similar but some of them don't even bother with reporting it or trying to fix it somehow ... maybe because they are used that unlike Warframe staff, on most games creators don't care about ppl that much ... btw I'm glad to see so many ppl trying to help each other with problems here and even staff helping as they can :) ... also I'd like to try to turn off the TDR completely too but since my computer isn't exactly new and wasn't the best (well not the worst too :D ... given the requirements it shouldn't be a problem with my PC) when I bought it I'm quite worried if I wouldn't burn something inside :D Would I risk burning my card or some other part of PC if I would turn TDR off or the PC would just freeze and nothing more? :)

The computer would just hang or blue screen. TDR is just to prevent a hard crash of the PC, TDR just makes it soft crash to the desktop via a driver reset. NVIDIA's cards are thermally controlled. You can't really burn them, as they automatically slow down when they reach certain temperatures.

Okay, I thought so but thought it would be better to as just in case :) Thx for answer ... I'll try disabling it then and see if that helps :) ... hopefully it will prevent me from losing so many void keys when going solo :D

Glad this got acknowledged, but it's a bit hard to contain my salt under the circumstances. Rolled back drivers about a week ago and it fixed choppy performance in the void + the crashes in the void. After today's hotfix/update? Back to freezing and crashing in the void(on the bright side, the void isn't choppy). It's difficult not to narrow my eyes in irritation when I see "Fixed various crashes" mocking me from the bottom of the hotfix, even though I know it's unrelated. Best of luck to everyone still dealing with this.

8800 series cards could actually burn in a fashion, the capacitors either pop through thermal buildup or the VRAM starts to warp from the extreme heat. Cards with a similar build to the 8800 series would suffer similar effects. Still neither situation is like an AMD card which can get hot enough to heat a room in the cold months. I have personally seen the results of the cooler fan assembly melting on some of those.

Edited by Urlan

Still no crashes at all since I disabled TDR with TDR Manipulator. Going on about 4 days now. Continuing to "monitor" it....aka playing the game a lot.

Edit: it's been a week now and not a single crash since I disabled TDR.

Edited by weezedog

I've been a player since about January and switched over to a 980 Amp! Extreme two months ago. Since then, playing this game has been a near nightmare. The game crashes about once every 3 hours or so, in any mission, dojo, or even my lisset. Upon crashing, Nvidia notifies me that my drivers have crashed and recovered, and I'm booted out of warframe, but it's still open and I can hear all the sound effects in real time, I just can't load back in. Clanmates say I run in place while this happens. If I leave it alone long enough, it'll give me WAR-26136 as an error code. I've tried literally everything. I have reloaded drivers, reloaded windows, loaded old driver sets, run warframe in compatibility mode, checked and unchecked every launcher and display setting in game, in the launcher, and in GeForce Experience (AA, PhysX, 64-bit, multi-core, DX9/10/11, etc, etc, etc, etc) and when I crash with each of those setting ticked and unticked, it'll give me a slightly new crash code, but it always comes back to good ol' 26136, unless I run it on DX9. If I run on DX9, my game will freeze, my headphones will emit a Banshee grade audio screech, and I will have to restart my computer to make anything change. I'm at a loss of what to do here and I am very, very sad because this is my favorite game (over 350 hours so far). I hope I can get some assistance with this. Anything that will help. Please.

I was hoping I am not the only one with this issue and "luckily" I am not but it seems like there is no soulution so far. I got this problem since around the Nova update (not Prime), so yeah, I got it for a long time. It wasn't a big issue for me at the beginning because it happened rarely, liek x3 a week. In the last couple of months it became very frequent. Now it happens numerus times in 5(!) minutes.

I have done everything I possibly could, playing with game settings, drivers (Nvidia Driver roll back helps reduce these crashes but it does not fix it.), BIOS, dust out the hardware, etc, etc...

Unfortunately Warframe is the only game that has these problems. Never had any error messages except the one which notifys me about Nvidia Driver Crash.

I have no idea what to do, thought I just share my experience.

Thanks

My specs:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.80 GHz

12 GB RAM

GeForce GTX 460 v2 (1GB)

ASUS M5 A78L-M

Win 7 64 bit

Edited by Adamantium-Z

After Hotfix 16.9.2 i dont get any crashes.Befor i needed to play 32bit Physx off and Multi thread rendering disabled to at least minimalize the Driver stop responding error or engine crash.Now i can play all maxed out 1080p physx enabled 64bit and multi thread rendering getting 60fps with no drops vsync on.I can even stream with obs without crashing.Not a single crash after days woohooo ヽ(^o^)丿.Pls do not try to break it again :/

i5 2500K @ 4,4Ghz

Gigabyte 970 GTX G1 gaming

8GB RAM

ASRock Z68 EXTREME GEN 3

Windows 8.1 64

353.06 driver

You might have been suffering from the complications caused by multicore optimizations. Especially if turning off 32-bit helped correct the issue. Some of the most recent patches disabled some of the multicore optimizations so that would be interesting if that was the cause in your case.

The most recent patch just reenabled some multicore optimizations. If the most recent patch is breaking the game for you, support could probably use log info from before and after the patch to try to help finger the culprit in the crashes. Oddly, my 32 bit OS system has been acting more stable with less graphic issues since the recent optimization rerelease, maybe it is tied to an interaction of the changes with dedicated 64 bit OS systems. Perhaps a difference in the way the system memory is handled between the two?

For Nvidia users on GTX700/900s, it's hard to tell whether its Warframe ot the latest drivers that are to blame.

A lot of maxwell owners are having TDR issues as of late because of the latest drivers (352.86 to 353.30). If you play Warframe with Vsync, your GPU will not be fully utilized and this can cause instabilities if your card suddenly boosts. Most are fixing these issues by downclocking their factory OCs, or increasing their minimum voltages in GPU Tweaker, Afterburner or PrecisionX along with setting their Power management to Max Performance in the Nvidia Control Panel. 

For me, downgrading to 347.88 and downloading the latest PhysX libraries fixed a lot of the random CTD/TDRs. Also increasing my minimm voltage to 1100mV helped with 353.30. But unfortunately GTX980Ti and Titan X owners are trapped using those drivers.

ManuelG has confirmed on his twitter there are issues and there is apparently a fix on the way. 

That's why I just disabled TDR completely. I have my first crash yesterday, where the entire game locked up, don't even know if it is graphics related. One crash in almost 3 weeks is pretty darn good and way better than multiple times a day.