Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove The Self Damage Of Ogris And Penta

Deruser

The Tonkor does not kill a player and only inflicts minor damage while the Ogris and the Penta does. Why? It is understandable that it is for the grenade jump mechanic but why can't the Ogris and the Penta have the same mechanic? Why does the Ogris and the Penta straight up kill you while the Tonkor does not? It makes the Tonkor a lot more viable than the other 2 weapons.

Thus, I propose that the Ogris and the Penta does the same damage to the player as the Tonkor, or better yet, make the Ogris and the Penta use the same rocket jump mechanic as the Tonkor. If the self killing was supposed to be a downside of using launchers like this, then it is a little unnecessary as the decrease of the ammo capacity of these weapons is already enough of a downside, at least in my opinion.

The Tonkor does not kill a player and only inflicts minor damage while the Ogris and the Penta does. Why? It is understandable that it is for the grenade jump mechanic but why can't the Ogris and the Penta have the same mechanic? Why does the Ogris and the Penta straight up kill you while the Tonkor does not? It makes the Tonkor a lot more viable than the other 2 weapons.

Thus, I propose that the Ogris and the Penta does the same damage to the player as the Tonkor, or better yet, make the Ogris and the Penta use the same rocket jump mechanic as the Tonkor. If the self killing was supposed to be a downside of using launchers like this, then it is a little unnecessary as the decrease of the ammo capacity of these weapons is already enough of a downside, at least in my opinion.

The Tonkor's offset for reduced self-damage and higher crit chance than the other explosive weapons is its relatively low damage (Penta: 350; Ogris: 650; Angstrum: 425; Tonkor: 325) and small mag size.

The Penta, Angstrum, and Ogris would be very overpowered without the need to take caution when firing them because they do more damage both to you and enemies.  Strategic use is the balance for these weapons, while the need to make shots count is the balancing factor for the Tonkor.

And also, if you want a strong AoE weapon that does no self-damage, the Torid would like to speak with you.

I love how everyone forgets that torid doesn't inflict damage, and is to first one to do so.

Sorry, I don't really use the Torid. I do plan to though. Mastery Rank 11 even after 2 years because BRATON PRIME.

Oh, so you'd like to stand in one spot and shoot at the ground whilst everything tries to kill you and farm even more effectively?

Hell no.

That would not happen if DE adds the grenade jump mechanic for the Ogris and the Penta too right? And even if someone wants to farm like that, there is only 5 rounds of magazine in an Ogris. During a reload, enemies have a chance to gut you.

It's already been nerfed into the ground (tested on Ogris--will test on Penta when I get a chance). I saw it on another thread and tried it. An Ogris shot that should've instantly killed me only took off about half of my shields. IMO this is a good compromise.

Edited by (PS4)WiiConquered

That would not happen if DE adds the grenade jump mechanic for the Ogris and the Penta too right? And even if someone wants to farm like that, there is only 5 rounds of magazine in an Ogris. During a reload, enemies have a chance to gut you.

Perma Invisible Loki's would like to disagree with you.

Please keep them as is they help balance out the damage with a a factor of risk and a bit of situational awareness (which adds a tiny drop of realism and immersion (buzzwords FTW)) and fun.

Always standing (mostly) still in a hallway may be efficient, but I personally don't believe it needs to be (nor should be) doable with all Frames and weapons.

Although... Maybe I should resume work on That Super Secret Hallway Simulator I intend to get through Steam Greenlight!!

Oh, so you'd like to stand in one spot and shoot at the ground whilst everything tries to kill you and farm even more effectively?

Hell no.

...if by "hell no" you mean "play Trinity", then yes. 

Most Warframe Abilities.

Most Kubrows.

Most Sentinels.

All of these could keep you from dying whilst reloading.

Or we could go old fashioned.

225px-PrimedFastHands.png

Also, if you add the rocket jump, you can farm even MORE effectively. I mean, go to sechura, stand on top of the cryopod and keep bouncing. They can't touch you or the cryopod and you have time to reload whilst you float.

I'm not sure adding the Tonkor's feature to the other launchers is a good idea... I for one don't like getting bumped all over the place by trolls much, and it's part of the Tonkor's "identity" if you will, so... Nah, it's good that way.

As for removing the self inflicted damage entirely, I have no opinion. I haven't used launchers since the ammo pool nerf anyway.^^'

Edited by Marthrym

NOt remove, reduce. It would, regrettably, be a bit too OP if you could just shoot at your feet and kill everything. However, instakilling yourself isn't that fun either. Let it do like half your shields in damage on the first hit, and the rest on your second. A thired blast from yourself would kill you, because you'd have to be an idiot to get hit 3 times by your own grenade.

frankly  if you kill yourself with penta, you deserve it, you literally have full control over when you detonate it and can change the grenade to bright colors to let you know where they are.

Except if a teammate runs in front of you.

Or your Kubrow.

Or your teammate's Kubrow. 

Or a Corpus Crewman's helmet.

Or a random enemy running in from the side.

Or a misfire.

Or a grenade you shot that bounced back at you only you didn't see it because a Nully with Bombards ran in and you shot at them too.

Or those random bounces that happen for no discernible reason.

Or maybe I just want to color my Penta however the hell I want.