Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Will You Buff Older Weapons?

(PSN)Treezzy1

indeed!

people have been saying Acrid is useless and awful since Damage 2.0.

which, it is not.

i can use it pretty much as the only Weapon i use in Survival IV until we get bored and leave. the only problem that starts to come up towards the end, is that it starts to become Ammunition inefficient.

but per shot Damage is adequate, Status Chance is quite good since it's an Elemental Weapon (and Viral doesn't Stack so), plus lots of Toxin DoT, which adds some extra Damage. and some very good Damage at that.

Corrupted is considered the 'primary' Faction that you fight, which is perfect. Toxin bonus against Crewman is nominal, but still a thing. the Toxin laughs at the Fusion MOA's and Shield Drones. if for some reason you aren't stripping their Armor (which then most of the Weapons in the game aren't very viable in the first place), Toxin does have a bonus to Ferrite Armor.

even if each Tick isn't very impressive (which they aren't), there's a ton of them. you can fairly easily get your per shot Damage in DoT.

yes people, it's a Backloaded Damage Weapon. it always has been, that's what it was designed to be. y'all just abused it Ignoring all Armor and calling it not Overpowered as hell. and now that it's a reasonable Weapon rather than extremely Overpowered it's useless.

repeat this sort of thing for quite a few other Weapons which are publically considered to be useless. some of them actually are, but more of them are just not W+M1 and therefore are 'awful'.

I wouldn't say it "laughs at moas" considering their toxin resist, nor bombards or even unarmored heavy gunners(as there is no bonus vs cloned flesh). Corrupted ancients laugh even harder back with their high hp and 50% resistance.

With a base status of 5%, base damage of 35 and minor toxic effect, it's pretty safe to say there are many better picks in terms of secondary weapons here, as it won't pull it's weight when the enemies start getting high health/armor values.

With the time they did with Supra buff almost 2 years .

I expect to have a buff every year or so .However they

continusly increase mastery fodder so i think

weapons that need a buff will always excist .

I wouldn't say it "laughs at moas" considering their toxin resist, nor bombards or even unarmored heavy gunners(as there is no bonus vs cloned flesh). Corrupted ancients laugh even harder back with their high hp and 50% resistance.

With a base status of 5%, base damage of 35 and minor toxic effect, it's pretty safe to say there are many better picks in terms of secondary weapons here, as it won't pull it's weight when the enemies start getting high health/armor values.

the -25% doesn't matter because it ignores their Shields. you're therefore already ignoring most of their EHP.

that's why Toxin is so amazing against Corpus. Shielded Enemies are directly countered by Toxin.

Corrupted Ancients will be Killed by your Primary Elemental Combo. non issue.

Acrid's Status is 10%. with Triplex Shot. it's fairly good Status performance.

see, people just don't get this. it does. i use Acrid as my Secondary of choice in Survival III/IV and until Enemies break ~Lv80, i don't notice any problems.

yes, there's many things with higher paper DPS. so? many Weapons that perform excellently have lower DPS than some others.

nothing is effective against Armor by the way, so this is a sketchy argument. you can say the same thing for all Weapons. any 'serious business' Mission will have their Armor Stripped.

as even using the same Damage Types that you would use against their Armor when you have it all stripped, your TTK is STILL lower. so even if you still use Corrosive/Radiation against Enemies that have their Ferrite or Alloy Armor stripped, your TTK is still lower.

Edit:

just make the Innate toxic DoTs do more damage

OR They can make the DoTs inherit a portion of the bonus elemental damage, but it does perhaps only 10/15% now.

maybe, perhaps.

at the very least, it's gross that adding more Toxin to the Weapon (like, just pure Toxin) does not increase the DoT's.

and that just doesn't make sense if you ask me.

absolutely, the DoT becomes to have relevancy problems when EHP skyrockets. it's the main feature of the Weapon but i absolutely agree that there comes a point where you use it more like a standard Pistol than a DoT Weapon, just shooting until it dies.

the Augment does help with that some, as you get a lot of DoT then. (Radiation Explosion doesn't hurt either)

it should be affected by Toxin Elementals. that should be mandatory.

affected by all Damage Mods, maybe. i wouldn't want to reduce the effect of the DoT without Mods though. it's important that Weapons are useful at all points, not only when you have the Mod Slots filled.

if it was left at the 50% of Damage, but affected by all Damage Mods, that would multiply the DoT by ~3. *shrugs* that doesn't sound too crazy, i don't think...

i made a joke once upon a time of an Augment where if Acrid gets a Status for anything but Toxin, that it procs another Toxin Status! :D

probably not worth actually doing, but it was funny.

Edited by taiiat

the -25% doesn't matter because it ignores their Shields. you're therefore already ignoring most of their EHP.

that's why Toxin is so amazing against Corpus. Shielded Enemies are directly countered by Toxin.

Corrupted Ancients will be Killed by your Primary Elemental Combo. non issue.

Acrid's Status is 10%. with Triplex Shot. it's fairly good Status performance.

see, people just don't get this. it does. i use Acrid as my Secondary of choice in Survival III/IV and until Enemies break ~Lv80, i don't notice any problems.

yes, there's many things with higher paper DPS. so? many Weapons that perform excellently have lower DPS than some others.

nothing is effective against Armor by the way, so this is a sketchy argument. you can say the same thing for all Weapons. any 'serious business' Mission will have their Armor Stripped.

as even using the same Damage Types that you would use against their Armor when you have it all stripped, your TTK is STILL lower. so even if you still use Corrosive/Radiation against Enemies that have their Ferrite or Alloy Armor stripped, your TTK is still lower.

Edit:

maybe, perhaps.

at the very least, it's gross that adding more Toxin to the Weapon (like, just pure Toxin) does not increase the DoT's.

and that just doesn't make sense if you ask me.

absolutely, the DoT becomes to have relevancy problems when EHP skyrockets. it's the main feature of the Weapon but i absolutely agree that there comes a point where you use it more like a standard Pistol than a DoT Weapon, just shooting until it dies.

the Augment does help with that some, as you get a lot of DoT then. (Radiation Explosion doesn't hurt either)

it should be affected by Toxin Elementals. that should be mandatory.

affected by all Damage Mods, maybe. i wouldn't want to reduce the effect of the DoT without Mods though. it's important that Weapons are useful at all points, not only when you have the Mod Slots filled.

if it was left at the 50% of Damage, but affected by all Damage Mods, that would multiply the DoT by ~3. *shrugs* that doesn't sound too crazy, i don't think...

i made a joke once upon a time of an Augment where if Acrid gets a Status for anything but Toxin, that it procs another Toxin Status! :D

probably not worth actually doing, but it was funny.

Sigh...I know the acrid is probably your favourite secondary dating back to its reign of the dps kingdom, and its not bad but it simply is not up there with the mareloks, the telos akbolto, the synoid gammacore, the atomos etc.

There are better status weapons, there are better dps weapons, that's simply the situation at hand.

And btw, puncture is good against all armor including robotic.

Edited by superfishy36

The karyst? The SHEEV? The VULKAR?? Dark dagger? The drakgoon? The fact that you even have these here either means that:

1. They have 9999999 forma on them in which case i could put the mk-1 braton on this list.

2. You arent using the bar given, we're talking weapons that perform well, not that kill them after two and a half clips and a handful of lucky crits.

Sigh...I know the acrid is probably your favourite secondary dating back to its reign of the dps kingdom, and its not bad but it simply is not up there with the mareloks, the telos akbolto, the synoid gammacore, the atomos etc.

There are better status weapons, there are better dps weapons, that's simply the situation at hand.

And btw, puncture is good against all armor including robotic.

Was going to address the Single Daggers, bit noticed Taiiat's response already covered Karyst and Sheev.

Currently I tend to run Sheev only in Tower Runs.....solo T4 Mobile Defense.....40+minute T4/T3 Survival....

Usually as Excalibur...PS4 still has Super Jump..No Exalted Blade yet....so no I'm not spamming Wave Blade....don't have it.

I take a 7-Forma lato, 7-Forma Mara Detron, 6-Forma Spectra, 2-Forma Akjagara, 1-Forma Akbronco Prime, or my favorite Sidearm: 4 Forma Seer

If I bring a Primary: Paracyst, Miter, Mutalist Quanta, Daikyu, Drakgoon, Tigris,Dera Vandal, or Prisma Gorgon

I run Obex melee only often when melee hitboxes are working.

Telos Akbolto, Synoid Gammacor don't perform better that much better than my Seer on high level armored enemies.

I try to give every weapon a fighting chance..

most are still decent, if given a chance.

Some weapons that I believe need work, badly:

Panthers, Dual Cestra (Well most dual secondaries need a reload adjustment)

I think the community has shunned weapons into being called worthless.

How would Scott justify buffing the Paracyst when it's Primary Fire is argubably the best Armor stripping Burst fire in the game.

Sigh...I know the acrid is probably your favourite secondary dating back to its reign of the dps kingdom

no, actually. i hated Acrid.

i've only been able to like it nowadays because it isn't disgustingly Overpowered.

'there is something better' has literally no relevance to whether something is viable or not.

but it seems YOU can't comprehend that, and your entire view of everything is completely dictated by comparing everything to what's Overpowered or happens to be flavor of the month and therefore is considered better than something older even if it isn't Overpowered.

careful, your statcrepe addiction is showing since any Weapon that isn't the best at any possible task is instantly considered not viable.

which i guess would make sense if i snorted half a pound of sugar. someone else's Car has 5 more Horsepower than mine, that means that mine suddenly has 5 Horsepower less than it did before. right....

Puncture is a bit better than the other choices for IPS, but literally nothing is actually good against Armor. you're just looking for all of the Armor Ignoring you can stack on to circumvent the Armor.

everything gets a significantly lower TTK if you strip all of the Armor before you shoot.

Please buff Venka someday.  Coolest weapon in the game is useless for even remotely serious gameplay.

To not step on the Ripkas toes, I suggest bumping up status chance to 25% or adding a syndicate mod with some interesting properties.

Edited by Horrorsh0w