Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe - Aeon

BlackCoMerc

Time is on your side, Tenno. Aeon is a master of time manipulation, crossing, managing, resetting and stopping the action at his whim to turn the tide of battle.

Another and hopefully more balanced take on a time based Warframe.

Aeon - Stats:

Health: 75

Armor: 65

Shields: 100

Power: 150

Passive: Aeon has increased Aim Glide and Bullet Jump Duration. Mods which positively affect Duration of aim glide, bullet jump or abilities add an additional 20% for Aeon.

First Ability: Blink/Flash (pick one, or something):

-25 Energy

Aeon shifts his position in time and space, moving 10/15/20m in the direction of your crosshair in an instance. Aeon can blink vertically as well as horizontally, reaching distant or high places via teleportation.

Second ability: Recall

-25 Energy/use

When used once, Return takes a Snapshot of Aeon's current status: health, shields, energy remaining, status effects, ammunition totals and ammo remaining in magazines. This snapshot lasts for two minutes. When cast a second time, Return changes Aeon's current state to the state preserved by the Snapshot, without exceptions (positives and negatives are both restored. Once the Snapshot is used or expires, the ability can be cast again to create a new Snapshot.

Third Ability: Rewind

-50 Energy

Enemies within 10/20/30m of Aeon are moved backward that same distance and stunned for 1/2/3 seconds on arrival. 

Fourth Ability: Singularity

-25 Energy/ 10/ Energy/Second

Prepare to cross over the Event Horizon, Tenno, from which even Time cannot escape.

Aeon slows time in a 20/30/40m radius. Enemies, projectiles, weather effects, fire, etc are slowed by 75/85/95% their movement speed while Singularity is active. 

The longer Singularity is active, the more energy Aeon must expend to keep it active. Beginning at 10 seconds, the cost of Singularity increases 10%. It increases another 10% per second for each 5 seconds beyond the first ten, up to a 100% cost per second increase. Hey, activating your own personal black hole, complete with Event Horizon, isnt easy. 

Abilities and Mods:

Power:

-Reducing power strength below 100% would speed up enemies affected by Singularity, just as with Nova, but would also speed up projectiles and other moving objects.

-Duration: 

-Provide an additional 20% bonus (passive)

-Increases the length of time for which Snapshots last (Recall)

-Modifies cost per second of Singularity as per current game structure

-Range:

-Increases Teleport range (ability 1)

-Increases distance of enemy teleport (Rewind)

-Increases radius of Singularity

Augments:

-Staggering Transition - Blink Augment: Enemies between Aeon's departure and arrival points are stunned for 1/2/3 seconds whenever Aeon uses Blink to teleport.

-Vivid Recollection - Recall Augment: doubles the energy cost of Recall, but allows Snapshots to be taken and restored for the entire squad.

-Displacement - Rewind Augment: Enemies teleported backward by Rewind are placed into the Rift for 1/2/3 seconds on arrival, and suffer damage upon both entering and leaving the Rift as per normal.

-Selective Reversal: Enemies affected by Singularity have their speed increased instead of reduced. Projectiles remain slowed. 

Please post thoughts, ideas, suggestions. Really would like to see a time oriented Frame and hoping this one is more balanced than the previous go.

Time manipulation would be difficult to implement 

That's why I went more for things that seem like Time Manipulation, but really are not. Teleporting enemies backward or yourself forward, and slowing movement and projectile speeds are all things the existing tech can handle. One way or another these things are already in the game. 

That said, the Snapshot ability might be a step too far technically, and I would be okay with seeing it replaced with some other time themed ability. 

It's a nice concept however this warframe seems like its neither offensive or defensive or even a healer......which makes it really weird but awesome

This frame is admittedly probably not much of a team player. Truthfully, I dont think we will ever see well turned teams running Frames which dont already exist. Not without serious game play changes anyway. You've got Disarm, Mind Control, slow, blind and energy restore/healing covered by the current bunch, so, I just focus these ideas on frames that would be fun, as opposed to trying to replace the slots occupied by Trinity/Loki/Nyx/Mirage.

Playing with Time might not be the most effective support strategy, but I think it would be a fun thing to do solo. And lets face it, slowing not only enemies (MPrime) but also their bullets, melee swings, etc, with a single ability, that is toggled, is pretty handy for a team.

I like it but also see many problems with it.

First, DE doesn't like free teleporting and rushing (one of the reasons of parkour 2.0). His first ability would allow that, for 6 energy (max eff) you could rush an entire map in seconds. The only "free teleporting" ability in game right now is Nova's Worm Hole and it costs 75. The other 2 tps are Ash's Teleport and Loki's Switch Teleport, cost 25 but are not free teleporting.

Second problem imo is his 2, seems too strong for, again, 6 energy. Besides that, the skill is good (Ekko?)

Finally, I'm already seeing max range builds that could be close to game breaking. Those numbers need to be lower. With max range (and Transient F. to compensate power) Singularity could affect 94m. Enemies would be pushed 70m away with his 3. And free Tp for 47m. Numbers too big.

So, with some tweaks on energy costs and range, this could be a really good frame!  Also you might want to redesign his 1, free tp is not going to happen saddly (Ash was my main for a long long time, and we cried for so long for his tp to be free aim, never happened).

Good point on the free teleporting. Didnt think about it in terms of rushing maps but yeah, i could see that being an issue. I guess. 

As for range and numbers, thanks for providing the calculated information. That is something that would need a tweak based on your numbers. Thanks for the feedback. Just trying to think of ways we could see a time based/time themed frame happen.