Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post-18.4 Redeemer Is Now A Bugfest.

ShikiRen

Hey, so the attempted fix for the Redeemer going auto-fire has not only completely busted the stance and it'S chargeattacks, it did not even fix the bug. Bugs I currently found as well as way of reproduction :

High Noon stance combos E-Wait-E and E-Right-Mouse-E stop after the double shot (most likely due to the attemted fix of the Rapid-Fire Redeemer)

Reproduction : Trying to execute the Combos.

Chaining of chargeshots now impossible.

Reproduction : Fire a Charged shot and during the animation but after the shot has been fired press and hold Melee/Quick-Melee again -> Will not register.

Rapid Fire Redeemer is still alive and kicking.

Reproduction : 

Equip a single-fire Secondary (Tested for Lex Prime, Vaykor Marelok) or Twin Grakata.

Set a Button for "switch to Melee", in this case I used C.

When the secondary is currently equipped, hold for a charge shot, and during that press C-C-E -> Rapid Fire engaged.

Short Clip of said bug in action : 

EDIT : Bug : Some Eximi take 0 damage from Charged Shots.

Reproduction : Use charged shots against Infested and Grineer Eximi; both display blue 0's and take no damage.

Edited by ShikiRen

Yeah, this ruined the weapon for me.

Well it is a bug caused by their hasty try to fix the rapid-fire-bug. Since it didn't fix it the change should be rolled back soon...I hope.

I think just disabling any weapon switching during the Quick-Melee charge-attack should fix the rapid-fire bug, so they can throw this forced stow-away into the trashbin.

Hilariously, I wasn't even aware of the rapid-fire bug before they completely broke the Redeemer.

And now the bug is all I use.

"Oh bug abuse bug abuse!"

How about you actually take time to fix a bug rather than hastily slapping something together and saying 'that'll do, it completely borks the stance and the chain-charge but that'll do, as long as people can't rapid fire anymore"

Oh and the bug they 'fixed'.

Wasn't fixed.

L.O.L

Buncha screwups.

And yes I know that "102 bugs in the code, 102 bugs in the code, take one down, patch it around 187 bugs in the code"

But I honestly doubt that they did ANY playtesting before they just shoveled this pile-o-crud out. Because the stance not finishing the attacks, and the chain-charge not working isn't exactly something rare that they coulda missed, its 100% constant.

If they WERE aware that the 'fix' breaks the stance and chain-charge completely, and thought "Good enough, aslong as they can't do that rapid fire bug"

TL;DR - This whole situation with the Redeemer stinks of sloppy and lazy.

• 2 weeks later...

Because no one uses the Redeemer. I have been in multiple arguments with people that don't even acknowledge the Redeemer ever had two charge attacks, before I prove it to them by posting screenshots from the hotfix thread when it was broken.

The whole "infinite combo" "bug" was one of the major reasons I liked Redeemer so much, because it was fun and different and entertaining.

Personally at this point I don't even care if they "fix" that "bug", as long as the Redeemer is un-broken again. They buffed it so good and then broke it into pieces.

Because no one uses the Redeemer. I have been in multiple arguments with people that don't even acknowledge the Redeemer ever had two charge attacks, before I prove it to them by posting screenshots from the hotfix thread when it was broken.

The whole "infinite combo" "bug" was one of the major reasons I liked Redeemer so much, because it was fun and different and entertaining.

Personally at this point I don't even care if they "fix" that "bug", as long as the Redeemer is un-broken again. They buffed it so good and then broke it into pieces.

Reading before posting would be appreciated. The bug is not the "infinite charge attack chaining"- that was intended, even stated in a devstream- but the weapon switch exploit that causes the redeemer to automatically fire rapidly, as seen in the video posted in the first post. Which, again as stated, was NOT fixed. The try to fix it broke everything else that worked though. Which is why I said they should just remove the "fix" as it did have 0 positive and a lot of negative effects. They literally just need to put it back as it was before their "fix" and make weapon switching during a chargeattack impossible instead, that'd fix it right up.

Edited by ShikiRen

Reading before posting would be appreciated. The bug is not the "infinite charge attack chaining"- that was intended, even stated in a devstream- but the weapon switch exploit that causes the redeemer to automatically fire rapidly, as seen in the video posted in the first post. Which, again as stated, was NOT fixed. The try to fix it broke everything else that worked though. Which is why I said they should just remove the "fix" as it did have 0 positive and a lot of negative effects. They literally just need to put it back as it was before their "fix" and make weapon switching during a chargeattack impossible instead, that'd fix it right up.

I'm not talking about any of the bugs you are though, I mean the fact that you could continue a combo infinitely without doing any other combo (i.e. just spamming melee).

I read somewhere that that was also intended to be fixed by the update, and while it did, it also horribly broke everything else and didn't really fix anything.

Perhaps this is not something you knew of?

edit: Actually, just used Redeemer again, and it appears that it may have it's old functionality back... I can use the second charge attack and can chain the same combo without redoing it. I was never able to pull off the rapid fire bug, but I'm assuming that's still there as well.

Edited by DarkShadow6

I'm not talking about any of the bugs you are though, I mean the fact that you could continue a combo infinitely without doing any other combo (i.e. just spamming melee).

I read somewhere that that was also intended to be fixed by the update, and while it did, it also horribly broke everything else and didn't really fix anything.

Perhaps this is not something you knew of?

edit: Actually, just used Redeemer again, and it appears that it may have it's old functionality back... I can use the second charge attack and can chain the same combo without redoing it. I was never able to pull off the rapid fire bug, but I'm assuming that's still there as well.

Ah the combos repeating after using them once... Never saw that it was to be fixed in the patch notes. And yes they seem to have rerolled their change, the Redeemer works again as it should. Not that that is in their patchnotes, either.

Ah the combos repeating after using them once... Never saw that it was to be fixed in the patch notes. And yes they seem to have rerolled their change, the Redeemer works again as it should. Not that that is in their patchnotes, either.

It wasn't no, but I swear I saw someone talking about it being fixed in an official capacity. Maybe I was just high.

No one cares about the Redeemer, not even DE. The only people that care are the ones that used it and whoever coded the few small fixes to it a few major patches ago. Thank you, lone coder.

so does the charge attack spam still work? like I said I can't really do it