Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Weapons Sugestion (With Images)

Stalc

Infestedweapons_zpsd22c748a.jpg

I anticipated the research weapons but the Bio lab didn't produce weapons I imagine to be similar to that of the Mire. Considering the Torid is just a skin of the ogris but green didn't really got me hyped to be using something that would be utilizing infested tech. So I felt like doing some of my own. PS I have no exact stats on the weapons or complete function completely concept.

1. Paralid: A weapon that attaches on the arm and acts like a bow but fires a long ranged barb. The projectile uses the hammer that is triggered after sending signals to the symbiotic creature to charge and fire the barb after the hammer snaps the back of the barb and hurling it at great distances. Weapon has a chance to inject neurotoxin to paralyze the target.

2. Capid: A mushroom cap like weapon acting like a shotgun that fires several crystalline spikes that contain toxic spores capable of penetrating armor and explode into flesh melting shards. Another weapon hoping for a grinner infested to wield.

3. Blight: The weapon similar to that of a zhua is capable of reaching far and ripping deep into enemies. The weapon it self is alive and capable of healing its user well, if fed with enemies energy or flesh depending how many it reaches.

4. Fester: Claws capable of extending the sharp chitin hard tips of each appendage these claws attack fast and leave enemies staggered, helpless to a onslaught if caught by these like those of a charger.

Hopefully am I not the only one hoping to find more infested tech weapons in the future besides the mire, the variety can go far.

I've redesigned the fester to have covered the fore arm with infested layered chitin and infested appendages that grip and secure the forearm and included a 2 other specific plates for one covering the wrists and the other covering the elbow jointed area with a padded growth. This will allow for a more gauntlet feel.

Fester_zps9ed0053a.jpg

I have created a second batch of infested weapons a secondary and a heavy melee weapons.

Secondbatchinfestedweapons_zps7ca93588.j

5. Blister: The blister is a infested version of kunai but with a painful twist. This weapon demonstrated by the illustration doesn't only impale enemies with envenomed barb bolts but can be use as a trap when met in contact. This weapon can envelope the enemy in a thick coating of sturdy venom that does damage as long as the enemy is in this hold. But within the illustration demonstrates a missed shot and lands on a surface. The barb will remain there until a target has made contact with a enemy and explodes and tangles the enemy. The amount of barbs you have in a clip is the amount that can be set on the surface any other would then explode and replace the previous one. The weapon is silent and anything caught in this trap is unable to alert allies and would allow for a nice kill using another weapon. The trap would only slow bosses but any below will be held on tight.

6. Pestilence: This massive slab of flesh bone and teeth is the image of  agony and a devastating death. Pestilence normal attacks cover a vast area in front and the charge attack is more than capable of covering the entire radius of the wielder due to the optical organ on the blade adjusting itself to assist the handler and hit as many targets as possible. The trade off is a very small jump/slam attack that covers a area big enough to hit a single target.

Edited by Stalc

this look's awesome did you draw these? and i support this idea all the way

Yep I just finished today and I wanted draw some infested weapons for some time, it is kind of a shame the mire is the only weapon that has infested characteristic and glad I am not the only one.

For the last two, you can have all of my +1s.

The Blight is reminiscent of the Ancient's stretchy-arms, and the Fester doesn't seem inconsistent with anything in the game either.

I'm a little more hesitant with regards to the Paralid because there aren't any barb spitting infested yet, but it's still pretty cool.

For the last two, you can have all of my +1s.

The Blight is reminiscent of the Ancient's stretchy-arms, and the Fester doesn't seem inconsistent with anything in the game either.

I'm a little more hesitant with regards to the Paralid because there aren't any barb spitting infested yet, but it's still pretty cool.

There is one phorid is capable of shooting out quills but that could be a long shot I just hope they add more ranged infested similar but not as strong as phorid.

There is one phorid is capable of shooting out quills but that could be a long shot I just hope they add more ranged infested similar but not as strong as phorid.

You're right, I totally forgot about that. In that case, that one gets a +1 too. :-)

Could I make a suggestion?

The claw weapon - Fester - is just a Glove at the moment. That leaves it looking a bit odd, it'd leave the Tenno's wrist and forearm exposed. It makes the weapon look a bit unsafe and haphazard - it'd be tough to defend yourself or deal tougher blows to an enemy without something a tad sturdier. Perhaps you could consider expanding the weapon to cover the entire forearm too? It'd be a bit more believable then. Gauntlets tend to be a little more then just the hand - it'd also allow you to build a sort of armguard into your weapons design, which would mean blocking would be a bit more sensible.

Aside from that one little criticism I think these are all fairly interesting ideas. I thing the idea of a sort of parasitic, living weapon is awesome.

Could I make a suggestion?

The claw weapon - Fester - is just a Glove at the moment. That leaves it looking a bit odd, it'd leave the Tenno's wrist and forearm exposed. It makes the weapon look a bit unsafe and haphazard - it'd be tough to defend yourself or deal tougher blows to an enemy without something a tad sturdier. Perhaps you could consider expanding the weapon to cover the entire forearm too? It'd be a bit more believable then. Gauntlets tend to be a little more then just the hand - it'd also allow you to build a sort of armguard into your weapons design, which would mean blocking would be a bit more sensible.

Aside from that one little criticism I think these are all fairly interesting ideas. I thing the idea of a sort of parasitic, living weapon is awesome.

I completely agree I will see what I can do and thank you for the criticism and the compliment, very helpful to make this happen.

I really like this idea. To complement this, an infested-themed warframe would be awesome: As a rough sketch it would be the classic nanofiber armor, that is used to control the infested tissue deliberately grown on to it. Frame would be slightly more melee based (to set a part from Saryn, who is the goddess of poison already), with various clawing attacks and perhaps good stun-based CC. Thematically one could think something like Witchblade from her original comic series or Venom from Marvel's Spider-Man.

I really like this idea. To complement this, an infested-themed warframe would be awesome: As a rough sketch it would be the classic nanofiber armor, that is used to control the infested tissue deliberately grown on to it. Frame would be slightly more melee based (to set a part from Saryn, who is the goddess of poison already), with various clawing attacks and perhaps good stun-based CC. Thematically one could think something like Witchblade from her original comic series or Venom from Marvel's Spider-Man.

I could probably come up with something. Something originally spiked or barbed base armor piercing frame with poison damage great for taking on single targets maybe with massive amounts of crowd control like paralyzing enemies.