Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MAG - CRUSH now Tickles Enemies and Kills YOU.

MetaMortred

Mag has been horribly nerfed.

Crush has its radius reduced by 70%!!! Once I conquered rooms, now I can only conquer my surounding. Crush used to kill - now it gently touches them - no killing.

If you are gonna nerf it at least do it one way, not like this!!! either reduce range or potency! NOT BOTH!

Also when performing Crush I am vulnarable to attacks. If you reduce the radius then the MAG will be raped locating herself in the middle of a crowd. since others that are out rage quickly reach you and kill you.

Return the RANGE. or The Potency!!!! and mage MAG unhittable in the casting animation. or else it will go into a never ending loops of crush casting animation.

I really hope this game doesn't go into primarily using nerfs to make things more or less equal. Hopefully this is just temporary.

Up until now things have been pretty great, but with the recent heavy handed nerfs it's reminding me a bit of the LoL cycle. And what a horrible cycle that one is is. I hope that when the dust settles we end up having a system that brings all the Frames up to AWESOME level rather than shunting everyone down to mediocre because two or three Frames are crap. Re-Work the crappy ones, don't make the minority's problems everyone's.

I know that it IS sometimes necessary to tone something down, but I think it ought to be done in small steps. Nerf one aspect at a time and see how the community reacts.

The enemies in general seem to be getting tougher and more complex, so I really think we should be seeing more buffs than nerfs now (this includes weapons as well as WarFrames).

Thoughts?

Edited by psyanide

I have a gut feeling that if you speced all at once and instead of picking "skill boost" you just picked plain ol "skill" over and over again that it didn't actually apply. I got no proof just a gut feeling from now and before this patch when specing my volt cuz overload is kinda small for me now...

I added a couple range mods myself to compensate, but obviously it's not nearly as large. Not terribly fond of the damage done to Grineer currently, since all it seems to do is take off enough health for me to take them down in one shot instead of two.

I have a gut feeling that if you speced all at once and instead of picking "skill boost" you just picked plain ol "skill" over and over again that it didn't actually apply. I got no proof just a gut feeling from now and before this patch when specing my volt cuz overload is kinda small for me now...

You know, I hadn't thought of that. Since there was a forced respec, I just selected all three instead of hitting one at a time.

I added a couple range mods myself to compensate, but obviously it's not nearly as large. Not terribly fond of the damage done to Grineer currently, since all it seems to do is take off enough health for me to take them down in one shot instead of two.

This SERIOUSLY irks me. Crush is currently the only skill that Mag has that has any real practical value - now that one skill has had it's usefulness reduced considerably. Meanwhile Volt STILL clears entire continents in one go despite receiving a nerf of his own, and possesses other skills that are actually of use on top of that.

Mag, as much as I like her (I use her quite a lot), is essentially pointless right now in light of this.

Trying to look on the bright side, it at least means I can soften up a tough group of foes for squadmates to mop up, instead of swiping all the kills on them.

This SERIOUSLY irks me. Crush is currently the only skill that Mag has that has any real practical value - now that one skill has had it's usefulness reduced considerably. Meanwhile Volt STILL clears entire continents in one go despite receiving a nerf of his own, and possesses other skills that are actually of use on top of that.

Mag, as much as I like her (I use her quite a lot), is essentially pointless right now in light of this.

Trying to look on the bright side, it at least means I can soften up a tough group of foes for squadmates to mop up, instead of swiping all the kills on them.

Warframe staff who posted above confirmed that its currently a bug and mag was not nerfed. If you think crush is mags only good skill you are highly mistaken. In boss fights and vs Elite units mag has abilities that disable the boss from dealing damage for a considerable amount of time. You are judging the rest of Mag's skills vs an op skill (Crush) that currently needs a heavy nerf in range

Even at the highest lvls of the new planets Crush will kill everything but Elites and bosses with 1 hit (this is fine). The part that is not fine is that it can clear 2-3 rooms at a time with just a few power range mods. This is an issue and makes the game to easy. Like I posted in another thread they need to make it so that the ability can't go through walls or closed doors (this should be the same for all large radius abilities)

Edited by Wolfereign

Meanwhile Volt STILL clears entire continents in one go despite receiving a nerf of his own, and possesses other skills that are actually of use on top of that.

While that may potentially be true for Corpus (I haven't run Hades with Volt since the patch), it does squat against upper level Grineer and Infested. Several times, I've been in games recently where I was mag on Eris and a Volt gets swarmed and thinks "I'll just press 4 and everything will be okay :D"

Only.. That's not what happens.. Overload does something like 220 damage to them, hardly doing anything to stop them. The Volt then proceeds to get locked in an animation stun sequence and almost always dies. Similar things happen with Grineer on the new asteroid belt planetoid (the name escapes me).

Warframe staff who posted above confirmed that its currently a bug and mag was not nerfed. If you think crush is mags only good skill you are highly mistaken. In boss fights and vs Elite units mag has abilities that disable the boss from dealing damage for a considerable amount of time. You are judging the rest of Mag's skills vs an op skill (Crush) that currently needs a heavy nerf in range

Bullet Attractor is of limited usefulness - it's only an aid to your squaddies if they have absolutely no ability to aim, and the chances of the radius catching the bullets of other opponents and dragging them into your victim tends to be rather slim considering they tend to be quite spread out - particularly considering how open the spaces in the new tileset tend to be.

Shield Polarisation is pointless to use on opponents because 1. Any player with a halfway-decent set-up will chew through those shields with lead faster than the power's animation can finish, and 2. In the case of bosses, on top of how quickly it goes down to gunfire, shielding also has a ridiculously quick recharge time that means the power cost is not worth it.

It WOULD be of use in restoring the shields of a squadmate in trouble, but this aspect currently suffers from the same problem that the Trinity frame suffers from in general - there is no simple "at-a-glance" way to see the condition your squad is in, or else I would happily agree with you in that it is a useful skill and a potential lifesaver.

Pull is....fun, I guess? I mean, in very specific circumstances you might want to yank an elite away from his buddies. And you can take the shield off a Grineer Riot Shield guy, which is amusing. But there never seems to be any real need for it.

If I'm missing something here, feel free to correct me, but right now I'd say that these skills have potential, but at the moment they're very flawed. In relation to Crush, I would argue that they need a buff, rather than Crush requiring a nerf.

Bullet Attractor is amazing to use against bosses because it stops them from shooting at you which allows you and your team to more easily focus fire without someone having to take cover due to taking to much damage. I can't argue with shield polarisation except for the earth boss due to his shield recharge rate. Pull is a good interupt ability and it also allows you to save allies who are getting focused or find themselves perma staggered in the middle of those new Grinders. These combined make Mag really synergise with other frames due to its ability to lock enemies out of a fight (bullet attractor) and provide interrupts or saves for allies in trouble (shield polarisation and pull). These plus the op crush ability make the Mag an all around warframe that more then carries its wait in a team or alone.

Edited by Wolfereign

Up until now things have been pretty great, but with the recent heavy handed nerfs it's reminding me a bit of the LoL cycle. And what a horrible cycle that one is is. I hope that when the dust settles we end up having a system that brings all the Frames up to AWESOME level rather than shunting everyone down to mediocre because two or three Frames are crap. Re-Work the crappy ones, don't make the minority's problems everyone's.

That's a speech! Nerfing doesn't really balance the game but surely interfered the game experience. What we looking for is 4 useful skills for each warframe and use them to deal with most bad &#! enemy ever.

Wait, Bullet Attractor actually catches the target's own shots and throws them in their face? I could have sworn I was still getting hit while it was active. Maybe something else was shooting at me, I'll have to check that out again. There isn't much to be said for Pull's interruption ability, I think - a quick melee can do the same job, or, at range, an electricity-modded firearm. Agreed on yanking team-mates out of trouble, though. I overlooked that one.

By inturupt I was going with you pull them to you then melee them to death. Its a nice gap closer on elites who are dishing out damage. also good for dragging the buggy hostages out of danger or if they get stuck

I actually went with Mag primarily because I wanted to pull-'n-punch all day long. It sounded like fun. But the stun has a really tight duration, and the Pull animation is vague on when it ends, and is not interruptible by attempting a melee - I've often found myself having to press E again because it didn't register the first time. By that point they've usually recovered.

Bullet Attractor is of limited usefulness - it's only an aid to your squaddies if they have absolutely no ability to aim, and the chances of the radius catching the bullets of other opponents and dragging them into your victim tends to be rather slim considering they tend to be quite spread out - particularly considering how open the spaces in the new tileset tend to be.

So let me get this straight, when u bullet attractor a boss...his bullets will hit himself right? What about the ones we shoot from outside the bullet? I dont see any damage indicator from when i shoot from outside the bubble...

New mag player; i don't know what it was like in the previous version, but I'm pretty disappointed with crush at the moment. Radial javelin seems an awful lot more damaging and it releases you from the animation way way quicker. That said the radius of crush seems brilliant right now, but that's not much use if it only does a third of the health bar of (for example) a lvl 20 infested ancient.

(I have 3 points in both skills, no power damage mods in either suit, have definitely not bought all 3 skill nodes at once)