Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Infested Enemies (With Images)

Stalc

Impaler_zpse4333cd6.jpg

Name: Impaler.

Currently this is the first idea I thought of when I started playing infested saying they currently had melee enemies but barely no range with the slight exception of ancients lengthy arm. BUT I wanted a legitimate ranged unit that has fire power. This infested fires quill projectiles similar or if something closer to a bow wielding infested with giant barbs. This infested is a mutated Female Grineer.

Shambler_zpsc88c4517.jpg

Name: Shambler

This is just something to toss in that will allow smaller infested units to get into the mess and wreak. It does a lot of ground slams that knock back using arms consisting of smaller runners that conjoined into a larger mass. The larger mass where it is currently the maw of this creature is a heavy Grineer infected that uses heavy armor of its victim to further utilize the preys strengths. The gaping maw of this creature is used far more than create the sounds of heavy wheezing and taking Tenno chunks but also uses high pitched screeches that alert all near infested of a enemy and damaging Tenno shields while possibly being able to make them stagger. This creature is a more developed form of runners that are made of heavier Grineer units.

Edited by Stalc

How about this:

Gravis.jpg

Looks pretty cool like a caterpillar torso thing, but considering infested have a hard time retaining symmetry of that magnitude it looks more insect rather than the nasty fungal that kinda disfigures things, who knows maybe de will add some fauna into the game and on planets so we can explore some biology. That would be interesting.

Looks pretty cool like a caterpillar torso thing, but considering infested have a hard time retaining symmetry of that magnitude it looks more insect rather than the nasty fungal that kinda disfigures things, who knows maybe de will add some fauna into the game and on planets so we can explore some biology. That would be interesting.

I'll just admit that I compared the Infested with the BETA and decided to post an image of the Fort-Class BETA here.

http://muvluv.wikia.com/wiki/BETA

That Caterpillar Torso Thing is actually a tentacle with a blade on it.

I'll just admit that I compared the Infested with the BETA and decided to post an image of the Fort-Class BETA here.

http://muvluv.wikia.com/wiki/BETA

That Caterpillar Torso Thing is actually a tentacle with a blade on it.

Christ that thing is enormous, though from sources I heard j3 golem is suppose to be shadow of the colossus  size when they finally remove his place holder model. Should be a lot fun than just a farting ancient that pulls you in for a hug.

awesome works OP, like darkknightk said the 2nd one looks like a Brute from dead space and the first one is a nice and engaging alternative!

the only problem i see about the Brute is that it adds even more stagger/stunlockin effect to a faction that is already based 100% on it.

Therefore some of the older units should be reworked to do less stunlocks to emphatize this new unit

awesome works OP, like darkknightk said the 2nd one looks like a Brute from dead space and the first one is a nice and engaging alternative!

the only problem i see about the Brute is that it adds even more stagger/stunlockin effect to a faction that is already based 100% on it.

Therefore some of the older units should be reworked to do less stunlocks to emphatize this new unit

Agreed knowing that chargers do a lot of stagger and ancients with their knockback including the leapers. I imagine removing the stagger on the chargers would be a great case and allow it to be a option since chargers have the uncanny ability to just swarm and encase you with their own swarm of bodies. Also thank you I had the idea of the ranged unit to provide some more caution when fighting like the corpus with their corpus tech guy that can shave chunks from health with their gun and spawn shield ospreys I mean that is @(*()$ crazy but I like it.

• 3 weeks later...