Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Trinity Build

dllindsey

Question

i know people will say that its best to use a power duration build because they can make trinity almost invincible, but the build i want is to be that OH **** healer that can save anyone at a moments time. http://goo.gl/EzY2o9 in this build i made blessing unranked to give it the minumum duration so i can cast it more often. i also took both vitality and redirection for more survival. i then added in power efficiency so i can use it at 25 energy per use. also with fleeting expertise, i can keep the duration of blessing to about 1.5 secs. energy siphon for energy return obviously. flow for the bigger energy pool, natural talent for casting speed, and the rest of them. i do plan on using the other mods. like energy vampire will help with energy gain. yes i have energy siphon but i like to be careful in case i cant find enough energy orbs. also i can combine well of life with energy vampire to dish out some serious damage...yes the durations wont last very long but for this build im mostly trying to use blessing as much as i can when needed.

18 answers to this question

How about remove Well of Life and Natural Talent and then add Rage and Quick Thinking for more survivability (just incase)? I mean that blessing cast time is incredibly fast already so adding a Natural Talent is a waste of space. That Well of Life... well...

I guess it depends if you're willing to add some forma. 

Energy Siphon aura is mostly wasted, because you can get 88 energy restored at the push of a button. So I would forma to - and use Corrosive Projection, or Enemy Sense. While keeping the D polarity, you might consider Physique. It'll give your teammates a bit more health, thus giving you another split second in which to cast Blessing to save them.

Well of Life will be mostly useless, I doubt you will use it often. It's fun to combo with Energy Vampire to do some awesome ability damage, but it won't instantly kill armored units anymore :(.

I would replace it with Intensify, to make EV restore an extra 30 energy and thus allow for another Blessing between EV's. You could also replace it with Quick Thinking with some forma, once you get it, for a huge chunk of extra health. The final option I would lean towards is the use of Stretch, making EV restore energy in a larger radius (good for helping teammates) and making Link reach farther, good for increasing the usefulness of that ability.

I would keep Natural Talent; EV spam is much more fluid and given you may end up casting Link every 6 seconds it'll give you a nice chunk of effective playtime back.

I used to think that too... Until one day I accidently used up all my energy, and couldn't even cast Evamp.

i think that if you constantly keep up EV...from the video i saw you will never have to use energy siphon.

I think trinity is sub par now they ruined her in my opinion because you don't need duration for blessing anymore but its essential for link wtf DE I know she was overpowered but come on did you really have to ruin her? I think she should have capped at 75% damage reduction (i.e. cast blessing and you get 75% damage reduction for the duration of the spell like before) instead of how much you heal a person I used her in this update as well as nova and I'm pretty disappointed more so in trinity than nova guess she is on the shelves until they fix this

i think that if you constantly keep up EV...from the video i saw you will never have to use energy siphon.

@Archistopheles

Just use a team energy restore.  You only need the first tick to be able to cast EV.  It is still 1,000x better than waiting for it to refill at 0.6energy/sec.  Energy Syphon is always a bad choice when you have EV.

Both are great options... But giving up Energy Siphon? I'm not sure if I'm ready to let go yet...

@Archistopheles

There is no need for E-Syphon on Trinity if you are using EV.  The only time you would need it would be when you get drained or spam too much without casting EV (which is entirely your own fault).  In either case you can simply drop a team energy restore and cast it immediately.  Waiting ~20 seconds for your energy to refill is never the best option in this situation.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

on day1 of trinity's change someone had already dumped pwr duration and the need for relying on dmg resistance for a fast heal setup.

would find the thread but its been a while and as usual i cant find a damned thing on the forums when i want too :(

Just use a team energy restore.  You only need the first tick to be able to cast EV.  It is still 1,000x better than waiting for it to refill at 0.6energy/sec.  Energy Syphon is always a bad choice when you have EV.

This.

Another common issue with energy is the MUCH more common occurrence of disruptor leaders in long Survivals. And when they show up and drain your team, things are usually desperate enough that waiting the 21 seconds for ES to restore enough for an EV is not gonna work.

Edited by Darzk

I switched her too or at least im going to im mainly disappointed because I forma'd her 5 times and now my build is useless :( I tried it out and I was like "wtf did they do to my trinity" gonna have to rework her I guess or just not use her but I cant do that she was a favorite of mine

I switched her too or at least im going to im mainly disappointed because I forma'd her 5 times and now my build is useless :( I tried it out and I was like "wtf did they do to my trinity" gonna have to rework her I guess or just not use her but I cant do that she was a favorite of mine

You can still use the long duration build, just replace OE with EV, and swap whatever health/shield mods you have for QT and Flow. Then bring a self nuke weapon, activate QT, and hit Blessing.