Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 3.0 Fan Concepts

TL_Hail

Throw down your personal ideas on what should be included in Melee 3.0. I'll start.

Sprinting Attacks: When sprinting perform a light or heavy melee attack that deals boosted damage and can catch enemies off guard.

Optional Rebind for Finishers: Sometimes when I'm trying to build up combo I don't want to get stuck in an animation. Give an option (maybe off by default) to have a button separate from melee buttons to use a finisher on a stunned or unaware enemy.

Don't dumb it down too much: More of a personal hope for what they're doing with Melee 3.0 than an Idea. I'd hate to see the melee system twisted into something terribly simple. But by what I've seen it looks pretty nice.

Open to criticism but don't be rude.

2 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Seems like the sprinting attack is similar in concept the devs are going to implement for "gap closing" Combo starters.

I forgot they were adding that while I was writing it. xD

That Ninja-on-fire channelling thingymacguffin  being tied in function to either weapon type or by frame.

Each weapon class (Heavy Blade, Glaive, Nunchuks etc.) having a unique effect for their boost, and different stats regarding how fast it's gained and lost.

For example, Nikana could get a very brief, but very intense speed boost to attack speed, movement speed and parkour speed that is gained fairly fast. So a brief burst of super-speed.

Whereas Claws could receive some kind of effect where each hit deals two or more instances of damage. This'd last quite a while, but take a while to build up to.

Or some example ideas for a by frames approach.

Excalibur/Umbra puts a mini-exalted blade effect onto their melee, allowing it to fire waves of energy for 20 metres with falloff.

Limbo gets something similar to the Rift Strike Augment, where he can teleport to whatever enemy he's looking at within a certain range - 5 for regular attacks, 25 for gap closer attacks and 35 for heavy attacks.

You get the idea.

Something id like to see is enemy locking for example, remove energy channeling button and change it to cause your camera and frame to face the enemy so that your melee attacks will always be directed at this enemy.

Hold the button (used to reload when your primary or secondary is out) to open up a kind of, melee attack menu simular to that of the ingame ability menu that is activated for xbox users when they hold down the "RB" button i believe. These 4 additional melee attacks allow the player to use an attack that either launches the enemy upward into the air causing them to pause for a few seconds while airborne, performs a finsher attack when the enemy is below 25% health which will heal your warframe and grant the warframe some energy, allow the player to sacrafice energy to deal additional damage to an enemy, or use an attack that sends enemy flying in a horizontal or downward direction depending on if you are airborne or not.

You are also able to use multiple attacks instead of just  while airborne. Hold the glide button and tap the melee button to begin performing attacks that will help keep you airborne for an additional amount of time. While doing so, enemies have 50% reduced accuracy and 50% reduced damage dealt against you.

Depending on the amount of melee weapons you have mastered your melee weapon damage to all melee weapons gets increased because of the strength and skills gained using other melee weapons. 

My ideas

On 2018-08-21 at 7:07 PM, Laza-Oro said:

Optional Rebind for Finishers: Sometimes when I'm trying to build up combo I don't want to get stuck in an animation. Give an option (maybe off by default) to have a button separate from melee buttons to use a finisher on a stunned or unaware enemy.

You know id love to see my warframe perform some sort of finisher after hitting an enemy so many times too