Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How hard will DE hit Revenant with the nerf bat? How much will they buff him?

Joe_Barbarian

I don't see his 4 getting nerfed. Sure it might have high range, but how often do you have LoS on enemies 70m away? Realistically it's only in PoE and eventually in the Orb Vallis, but even then there's a lot of hills and obstacles blocking the path of the beams. It's easily the most "balanced" nuke ability in the game, as it requires LoS and no obstruction from terrain or cover, and does good damage at fairly high levels without instakilling everything you lay your eyes on. It is by no means a "map nuke" or "press 4 and AFK".

I dont see how his 4 is op. Its a cone aoe, it doesn work on elavation, its los based and doesnt stop the dmg your take as the tooltip suggests so you can die while in it.

Like they can nerf if if they feel lile but for one its like the main thing that keeps him (revenant) relevant and also there are frame with as strong or stronger similar abilities.

Edited by Ze4lex

3 hours ago, birdobash said:

All the posts about his "insane range on 4" are completely and utterly false, as his base range of his lasers is unaffected by range mods, only the thiccness of his beams are affected by range mods. This makes me think you dont actually own the revenant since it's very clear that his range does not change at ALL once u slap on some range mods.

And dont try to weasel your way out of this saying "oh DE must've changed it 1 day after" it's just false as there are no mentions of any revenant changes to Danse macabre in the last hotfixes patch notes

Alright lets throw down, firstly, anyone that plays Waframe knows DE, they do shadow nerfs and make changes and not put them into the patch notes. Secondly, you can "Think" all you want, but you can check for facts by simply using the /profile command.

Lastly, visual effects doesn't mean it reaches out that far. When I was playing with the range came across at 30m baseline at the time. Myself and two others have put Revenant away until DE make some changes to stabilise him as he pretty much needs a rework. 

I like him, since the release i did multiple hour long runs with him in survival and he's fun.

His 4th ability clears rooms even with higher lvl enemies, his 3rd ability is a nice escape and gives an opportunity to recast his 2nd ability. Now a lot of people complain about his 2nd ability, being too weak, but i think it's just right. He's meant to kill enemies before they can dmg him also taking breaks when using his 4th ability to recast 2nd. So instead of being a fidgit spinner until your energy runs out you just use it when you are met with a mob. 

The only thing i fear is that his 4th ability is going to be nerfed because it is very effective at clearing rooms even at 80 lvl enemies. He can still clear rooms after that but it takes a sec or two longer and bc enemies hit harder you can't spin2win as much. Still loads of fun to play him tho 😄

I know for a fact this frame is not OP

After messing with mods and thinking of a build for the use of his forth power, he can't survive for more than at least 9 seconds when the heat is focused on him.

He felt a bit to stationary with the 4th active, does indeed deal barely enough damage to a lvl 80+ but still falls off to dying first than the group your trying to AOE. This frame how ever will do plenty fine if it had frames to buff his weaknesses.

I will hardly use this frame since there are frames who do the job better if i am looking for AOE or single target damage dealing also to survive better.

Others had prob already thought up of a build that makes this frame a bit less horrible but i bet even they won't play this frame for every long till its fresh out of mastery points.

This is how i think at least as a half newbie.

Enthrall- More Thralls, and shouldn't be killed by other players abilities. Balance by making cost more energy. Mesmer Skin already makes the move cost nothing.

Mesmer Skin- Get rid of the fog! I can't see when I run. Otherwise good ability.

Reave- First, he's not Hydroid! The time based sprint is dumb. You cant heal worth a S#&$. It cost to much. Casting time is BAD. When its longer then 1.5 seconds you just run into walls. Can't cancel it. Can't turn even if it last and you don't hit a wall. It needs to be a speed bost like volt that steals heath and shield, or made really low cost. Personally I like the speed boost. Have a move that cost as much as Reave does, but let you control your movement. Then you can actually hit enemies and really synergize with Danse Macabre.

Dance Macable- Maybe I would actually  kill something if I would stop aiming at the floor. Do I have to spin, can't I just aim the lazzers and spin when I it sprint or crouch? Damage is good, I've seen many stronger warframes. Mesa, Saryn to name a few. Good ability, it just needs to get better at hitting things, and some sort of speed boost ability that doesn't just shoot me past the enemies to then not hit them would be great too.

Passive could use more range, but I could care less if that changed.