Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How hard will DE hit Revenant with the nerf bat? How much will they buff him?

Joe_Barbarian

For the record I like Revenant but he's too strong, loving the beard though. But I'll share my thoughts on the guy and see what you all think of it as well.

First world Issues:

• Body blocking. Players are able to block his fourth ability by standing right next to him, even abilties like Sayrns 'molt' was blocking his beams.
  • Brightness on his fourth ability needs to be toned down. He was a little hard on the eyes when I went with a blight blue not knowing how the colour works and holy christ, aborted mission and changed it as I couldn't see the floor that well, I can only compare it to starring directly at the sun. So for players out there please try and aim for a darker color.

What I believe will be nerfed:

• His Fourth Ability
    • It has a base 30m range (or there about) which is insane base range for an AOE ability. I don't think any other frame has that potential.
      • Stick overextended on (around 57m)
      • Stick Stretch on (around 43.5m)
      • Stick both Stretch and Overextended on (around 71m)
      • Factor in things like Fissure buffs you have x2 the range.
    • Damage scaling with ability power. I was seeing 10-14k ticks normal damage and 20-28k boosted damage with my current build (249% strength) while having 40% Equinox buff and 80~% ish Rhino roar.
      • Even without allied buffs you're still hitting harder than any bat I've seen. My "ESO" build has 3,112.5 damage while maintaining a 6.86/s drain

What I believe should be buffed:

• His Third Ability
    • With 130% Efficiency it costs 53 energy while his fourth costs 18 (which my current ESO build it channels for 6.86) While this sounds fine, without Flow you'll be using around 1/3rd of your energy casting this ability. Bringing it down to maybe around 55-60 baseline would make it a bit more viable to use.
Edited by Joe_Barbarian
Explained more on his third ability

I don't think his 4 needs a nerf, it's basically a less powerful version of Mesa's 4.

I'd like to see charges for his 2 to be bumped up in number and have a buffer added to each charge after it's used.

I'd like to see his cap on his 1 to be removed or increased by a great deal.

Lastly I want his 3 to do more and be cheaper.

2 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

I don't think his 4 needs a nerf, it's basically a less powerful version of Mesa's 4.

I'd like to see charges for his 2 to be bumped up in number and have a buffer added to each charge after it's used.

I'd like to see his cap on his 1 to be removed or increased by a great deal.

Lastly I want his 3 to do more and be cheaper.

When I can let his 4 last over 100 seconds wiping everything out that i have line of sight of within 140m+ while going to get a drink, that's when I called BS saying it's less powerful version of mesa.

Edited by Joe_Barbarian

nope, his 4 is not strong enough, it shouldn't be blocked by obstacle,

so i can go to see a movie after pressing the skill button.   /s

Seriously, something is wrong with the number settings, they must be in a hurry to release him and forgot how this skill becomes in the end.

It has high range, high damage, able to move while casting, relatively low energy consume compare to its damage, shiny as hell particle effects.

Whole list checked of nerf hall of fame right there

Edited by dEjAvU5566
verified that his 4 can still be damaged while casting

29 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

When I can let his 4 last over 100 seconds wiping everything out that i have line of sight of within 140m+ while going to get a drink, that's when I called BS saying it's less powerful version of mesa.

Lmao.

His 4 pales in comparison to the damage Mesa's regulators can do and the rate at which she can do it. 

Just now, Joe_Barbarian said:

Sharing an opinion about a Warframe they've not played at all is nothing more than their own speculation or sullied 3rd hand information they either watched on a stream, video or "But my friend said.." is damaging to the conversation. I shouldn't laugh at him, I just see too many people upping their post count by joining threads they have no first hand information on.

Him adding his opinion is not damaging the conversation. What does damage the conversation is you resorting to looking through his profile like it actually matters. It would've been much better to either ignore him or ask him why he disagrees with you. 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Eminem2420 said:

Him adding his opinion is not damaging the conversation. What does damage the conversation is you resorting to looking through his profile like it actually matters. It would've been much better to either ignore him or ask him why he disagrees with you. 

Yes because what he said was so constructive. I checked his profile to see if he actually knew what he was talking about and I was right on the money. Yes when talking about the strength of a warframe you should have first hand experience and not 3rd party information / having a factless opinion. 

It's pretty simple, he/she hasn't played Revenant, should be quiet in regards to balancing until they have. Otherwise it's just "Well I think it works like this so it should work like that instead" if DE listened to players like him/her that just speculated about balancing when it's out on live then we'd some seriously messed up frames and weapons. This opinion might not be well liked but it's true no matter how you might want to deny it.

1 hour ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Damage scaling with ability power. I was seeing 10-14k ticks normal damage and 20-28k boosted damage with my current build (249% strength) while having 40% Equinox buff and 80~% ish Rhino roar.

So what you're saying is...with 2 buffs that increase dmg for an ability....it does decent damage?

1 minute ago, Orblit said:

So what you're saying is...with 2 buffs that increase dmg for an ability....it does decent damage?

When it strikes multiple times in 1 circle while also exploiting the enemies weakness I'd say it's a bit more than "decent damage" What other warframes out there that can match that sort of damage at the same if not better pace and it not being an exalted weapon. 

People actually think his 4th is OP? When channeling he has no vertical mobility, no access to 1st and 2nd, no parkour moves and still vulnerable to damage...its default damage is nowhere near high. It doesn't target enemies in higher or lower levels also....It works alright although the synergy feels rather weak to me, and it's definitely not OP. His 1st has maximum targets of 4, and this small gangs receive no stat buff and still vulnerable to teammates' damage. You can't feel the synergy at all coz they get wiped by your teammates almost instantly... His 2nd and 3rd are somewhat OK.

Although I don't like how weak the synergy of his 4th with the other abilities, it's better to leave it as it is now. The only change he needs is to increase the max minion counts of the 1st ability, at least to 8 or even better 12, and makes them permanent if DE's gonna make them vulnerable to friendly fire. They should look like revenant too, covered by sentient fire (like the warframe).

Edited by Marvelous_A

Although I don't own him yet....

I'll give you, the ability to automatically use an elemental weakness is pretty cool, but hardly OP. A lot of frames have abilities that have ranges of 30 meters or over, without mods. That is no reason to nerf anything. And until something can match the infinite damage of 'any' invisible Warframe with a dagger that has Covert Lethality, the amount of damage a frame does is never too much. Granted, Revenant has a lot going for him but his 'kit' is bits and pieces of things that are already in game and not currently being nerfed. I think he will be tweaked and adjusted for a more proper fit, but nothing that will drastically change what he has going for him now.

His danse removes the option of him rolling or dashing out of the way of incoming attacks. He gets destroyed by bombards or AoE explosions even with Mesmer skin. He is as slow as a tornado unless he actually uses Reave as transportation. 

So no, his 4th is not as OP as you think.

1 hour ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

When it strikes multiple times in 1 circle while also exploiting the enemies weakness I'd say it's a bit more than "decent damage" What other warframes out there that can match that sort of damage at the same if not better pace and it not being an exalted weapon. 

Saryn spores, Volt discharge, Ember with an accelerant build.  Of course that's ignoring the exalted weapons which tend to do the same thing just in a focused area

These also can't get blocked by teammates, and don't require line of sight.

Edited by Orblit

2 hours ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

When i was in Hydron someone asked if Harrow was reworked xD

Why you even sharing your thoughts when you don't even have him ROFL. :thinking:

I guess you haven't seen Saryn or Gara or Oberon fast clearing Hydron, eh? They pretty much just sit in one place, spam their abilities a few time. Everything just instantly disappears.

Revenant's 4 has terrible range (no base radius isn't 30m, it's 0.1 and 0.2m if boosted lmao)  and poor energy economy. It also can't deal with enemies on different floors and requires Line of Sight to enemies to deal damage. He just doesn't make the entire map disappear.

Edited by HolyDemon00

Enthrall and thralls definitely need some changes or buffs. Making thrall limit scale with ability strength would be good enough. Though Reave is good for mobility, it's over-cost. I would suggest adding more synergies with Enthrall or simply reduce its energy cost. I'd expect Mesmer Skin remains the same as for now I think it's one of his two good abilities. Whether Danse Macabre is too powerful is quite controversial. I am on the side of it being a bit too good. However I hope DE won't nerf it too hard until his other abilities are brought up.

Reave needs a visual update it looks like something you'd see in a place holder state. Other than that his powers don't connect with his energy costs and his armor number is just wonky. He seemed very rushed but to be fair to DE they have alot on their hands right now so mistakes are expected I just hope he won't be nerfed to S#&$ by the time he reaches consoles 

Edited by (PS4)kamil_demon
Typo

5 hours ago, HolyDemon00 said:

Revenant's 4 has terrible range (no base radius isn't 30m, it's 0.1 and 0.2m if boosted lmao)  and poor energy economy. It also can't deal with enemies on different floors and requires Line of Sight to enemies to deal damage. He just doesn't make the entire map disappear.

That is a completely different radius. That is the thickness of the beams, not the actual radius of the skill.

As I don't have him, I can only comment on what I know.

I know for a fact that, like all other control frames, his thralls are useless other than not attacking allies (and for stealing their health).  So IMO, like with Nyx's mind control, they need a damage buff (or enemies just need to be able to hurt each other a little (lot) more.

Based on the feedback thread.

Maybe buffed or changed passive? Unlikely, but it was brought up a few times.

Possible buff to thrall count

Possible Mesmer Skin fixes and QoL (making it more of a consistent tanking ability)

Reave fx change? Maybe buff to have synergy with Mesmer Skin (regaining charges via Reave) and maybe less energy cost during Dance Macabre.

Possible Dance Macabre range nerf

Am hesitant to say what is likely.