Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Rewards

Jameziam

I'm just very curious about this. I'm not sure if I am just being stupid. I have asked a couple people about this and they just reply with "It's RNG", but that still doesn't make sense in this case. I feel like I am just looking at this in the wrong way and being a bit stupid, so I would appreciate someone elaborating for me.

Basically, I have noticed that the vast majority of the time, when someone completes the sortie, they get an Ayatan Statue. Now this has a 28% chance to drop, which is has the highest individual drop chance of every item. This means that there is a 72% chance for ANYTHING else to drop from the sortie; yet the Ayatan Statue drops an insane amount, FAR more than 28% of the time. I get that it doesn't necessarily mean it will drop 28% of the time, since it is still RNG, but the sheer amount it drops doesn't make sense when looking at the drop table. I really feel like I'm looking at this wrong and being stupid.

12 minutes ago, Jameziam said:

I have noticed that the vast majority of the time

Not to be snarky, but actually think about this. Who are you able to notice getting these? The people you are doing Sorties with? People complaining on the forums?

13 minutes ago, Jameziam said:

the sheer amount it drops doesn't make sense when looking at the drop table

Every time you do a Sortie, you have a 28% chance of getting one. Do a Sortie tomorrow, you will have a 28% chance of getting an Ayatan. Do a Sortie every day for a week and every time you will have a 28% chance of getting an Ayatan.

Each Sortie completion is independent of the others. It is simply RNG doing simple math.

8 minutes ago, Jameziam said:

I'm just very curious about this. I'm not sure if I am just being stupid. I have asked a couple people about this and they just reply with "It's RNG", but that still doesn't make sense in this case. I feel like I am just looking at this in the wrong way and being a bit stupid, so I would appreciate someone elaborating for me.

Basically, I have noticed that the vast majority of the time, when someone completes the sortie, they get an Ayatan Statue. Now this has a 28% chance to drop, which is has the highest individual drop chance of every item. This means that there is a 72% chance for ANYTHING else to drop from the sortie; yet the Ayatan Statue drops an insane amount, FAR more than 28% of the time. I get that it doesn't necessarily mean it will drop 28% of the time, since it is still RNG, but the sheer amount it drops doesn't make sense when looking at the drop table. I really feel like I'm looking at this wrong and being stupid.

The sorties are not worth it in my honest opinion. The rewards that are actually worthwhile (Orokin Reactor/Catalyst, Forma, Riven Mod, Exilus Adapter) have way too low a drop chance. The sorties are very tough with the boosted enemy stats and extra conditions in place to make them even more challenging. It's very disheartening to go through difficult sorties and all you get 9 times out of 10 is a Ayatan sculpture or some Endo. And by the way you are not crazy. There is definitely something screwy going on with the reward drop rates of the sorties. 90% of the time you get the Ayatan sculpture. Right now I honestly feel like the sorties are not even worth doing. It's a million times easier and less time consuming to get Forma from Relics, and Exhilus Adapters from Cephalon Simaris. As for Orokin Reactors/Catalysts I think DE should add them to the reward pool of Cetus Bounties. Right now Bounties are so much more fun than Sorties.

8 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Not to be snarky, but actually think about this. Who are you able to notice getting these? The people you are doing Sorties with? People complaining on the forums?

Every time you do a Sortie, you have a 28% chance of getting one. Do a Sortie tomorrow, you will have a 28% chance of getting an Ayatan. Do a Sortie every day for a week and every time you will have a 28% chance of getting an Ayatan.

Each Sortie completion is independent of the others. It is simply RNG doing simple math.

The people I've noticed actually include, Streamers (Which I watch quite a lot of), my friends (who do the sortie without me), and literally everyone I have spoken to in Clan, Ally, and Region chat. I didn't just see what I got and assume everyone else got the same, I literally asked people and saw what people got, before coming to the clear conclusion that people do get Ayatan Statues the vast majority of the time.

16 hours ago, (PS4)Dead_End895 said:

The sorties are not worth it in my honest opinion. The rewards that are actually worthwhile (Orokin Reactor/Catalyst, Forma, Riven Mod, Exilus Adapter) have way too low a drop chance. The sorties are very tough with the boosted enemy stats and extra conditions in place to make them even more challenging. It's very disheartening to go through difficult sorties and all you get 9 times out of 10 is a Ayatan sculpture or some Endo. And by the way you are not crazy. There is definitely something screwy going on with the reward drop rates of the sorties. 90% of the time you get the Ayatan sculpture. Right now I honestly feel like the sorties are not even worth doing. It's a million times easier and less time consuming to get Forma from Relics, and Exhilus Adapters from Cephalon Simaris. As for Orokin Reactors/Catalysts I think DE should add them to the reward pool of Cetus Bounties. Right now Bounties are so much more fun than Sorties.

>Sorties
>Challenging

Pick one. You must still be new to the game or just don't care about modding or having a good frame and weapon repertoire, but it's widely known that sorties are easy.

7 hours ago, Myrkrvaldyr said:

>Sorties
>Challenging

Pick one. You must still be new to the game or just don't care about modding or having a good frame and weapon repertoire, but it's widely known that sorties are easy.

Edited by Jameziam
Nevermind, realised you weren't talking to me :P