Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Solo Players Going To Be Punished Again?

WARLOCKE

One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet, is in the last Livestream they out right said that they need to make these events not so unfair to solo players.

Those devs sat on that couch and said that up front (I forget who actually said it, Steve I think).

Or perhaps some people get so sick of playing Co-op with un co-operative players, that they are completely put off playing Co-op.

Think about it, there are many more reasons than what you listed.

I would have made 100 points If I didn't worry about anyone else. Had all the time in the world and I blew it on friendlies. Now I'm sitting on a fat stack of keys with only myself to blame.

​Worth it.

There is a simple solution.

GET FRIENDS

Seriously, it's not that hard to get some people with which you can play. I'm not saying, that you should look for them in your school, or job. Just if you'll see a cooparative player while doig a mission, invite him to your friends.

Oh, wait. Firstly you need to play with people. That's a hard thing to do, play some missions with "not cooperative" players. I can only imagine the pain.

Oh, wait. I don't have to imagine it. I'm playing with random players every day.

And yet I'm not whining about how quickly they die/how many kills they are "stealing"/how many of them are Novas...

Fixed.

This game is co-op game.

Yes, solo players will be "punished".

No, the game should not be easier for solo players. If you're going solo, you need to deal with the fact, that there's nobody to revive you or help you in any way.

Yes, I am aware, that there's a solo option in game "for a reason". And the reasons are:

- Bad internet connection

- I'm waiting for an important call, so I need to have the possibility to pause at any time

- I just want to test my new weapon, and I don't want to play with others, because this weapon can be a horrible mistake.

No, solo is not valid way of playing co-op game

Solo players should not get the exact same content for the exact same amount of work as co-op players.

And I'll post this image, until every solo%&^ will vomit it.

V55v9nk.jpg

While I agree 100% that the game is made for and should be mainly played co-op, people may have some aversion to grouping if there are any amount of players who use the term "BLANK%&^". Disagreeing is one thing but lack of respect and insulting  is definitely not "co-op" behaviour.

There is a simple solution.

GET FRIENDS

Seriously, it's not that hard to get some people with which you can play. I'm not saying, that you should look for them in your school, or job. Just if you'll see a cooparative player while doig a mission, invite him to your friends.

Oh, wait. Firstly you need to play with people. That's a hard thing to do, play some missions with "not cooperative" players. I can only imagine the pain.

Oh, wait. I don't have to imagine it. I'm playing with random players every day.

And yet I'm not whining about how quickly they die/how many kills they are "stealing"/how many of them are Novas...

While doing my Newbie Test Account, I was forced to do several missions in Online Mode to get past Defense.

I did 2x Lua (first one failed), 1x Lith, and I forgot and left it on Online and did the first Mars Mission.

All of them except the Mars Mission was incredibly laggy, and the Mars Mission Host Migrated halfway through (thankfully it didn't crash). The lag was ridiculous, and the game was just not very fun at all. I don't like seeing mobs standing still and getting hit by invisible objects and losing shields/health for no apparent reason. Nor do I like unloading a whole clip into something and watching it die 10 seconds later.

And sadly my best friend who got me into the game has IRL computer problems and won't have his computer back online for another 2 weeks, so I'm left to play alone, or with randoms.... most of which suck because of horrible lag because apparently not many people have ISPs/computers good enough to host Warframe games.

Edited by Xylia

While I agree 100% that the game is made for and should be mainly played co-op, people may have some aversion to grouping if there are any amount of players who use the term "BLANK%&^". Disagreeing is one thing but lack of respect and insulting  is definitely not "co-op" behaviour.

I'm just sick of people saying, that co-op games should be played solo, and PvE game should have at least 50% content of PvP.

Just the same, as I'm sick of people telling me to refill my fountain pen with oil paint, or to to cut the bread with spoon.

Those things are just not right.

While doing my Newbie Test Account, I was forced to do several missions in Online Mode to get past Defense.

I did 2x Lua (first one failed), 1x Lith, and I forgot and left it on Online and did the first Mars Mission.

All of them except the Mars Mission was incredibly laggy, and the Mars Mission Host Migrated halfway through (thankfully it didn't crash). The lag was ridiculous, and the game was just not very fun at all. I don't like seeing mobs standing still and getting hit by invisible objects and losing shields/health for no apparent reason. Nor do I like unloading a whole clip into something and watching it die 10 seconds later.

And sadly my best friend who got me into the game has IRL computer problems and won't have his computer back online for another 2 weeks, so I'm left to play alone, or with randoms.... most of which suck because of horrible lag because apparently not many people have ISPs/computers good enough to host Warframe games.

Search some players in your clan, or on the chat. Invite them to your session and be the host.

Or ask them about their connection and let the person with the best stats be the host.

There's always a solution.

I'm just sick of people saying, that co-op games should be played solo, and PvE game should have at least 50% content of PvP.

Just the same, as I'm sick of people telling me to refill my fountain pen with oil paint, or to to cut the bread with spoon.

Those things are just not right.

If Warframe had dedicated servers, and there were no NAT issues, you might have a point.

But with ridiculous lag in more than half of every online game I join, and the fact some people can't co-op if they wanted to, your point falls a bit short.

There's a SOLO mode for a reason, it needs to be viable. Maybe not as rewarding as Co-op, but it needs to be viable, and special event rewards need to be reasonably obtainable while solo. Face it, doing 300 missions for the Corpus Void Key event is not Reasonable by any means.

Search some players in your clan, or on the chat. Invite them to your session and be the host.

Or ask them about their connection and let the person with the best stats be the host.

There's always a solution.

What if you have Strict NAT and can't group at all?

It's might end up more punishing on bad connection...

I mean seriously, when me and my friends do a run, sometimes we get a lag so bad that nobody but the host regenerates energy. With Oxygen seemingly being a special mechanic for Survival, with our usual "Host" (and I blame our country's internet architecture, profit over service)., there's a chance we may not be able to restore Oxygen at all, and have ourselves fall victim to O2 loss....

That's also including this fact of some people being forced to go solo...It's scary, I can only hope that 9.7 (or whatever number it'd be) comes with network code improvements..

If Warframe had dedicated servers, and there were no NAT issues, you might have a point.

But with ridiculous lag in more than half of every online game I join, and the fact some people can't co-op if they wanted to, your point falls a bit short.

There's a SOLO mode for a reason, it needs to be viable. Maybe not as rewarding as Co-op, but it needs to be viable, and special event rewards need to be reasonably obtainable while solo. Face it, doing 300 missions for the Corpus Void Key event is not Reasonable by any means.

Hell, doing those missions in co-op was not too nice neither, especially when DE said, that there'll be a reward in the middle of the event...

But still, this game is a co-op game, and you can't deny it.

fuel is not cheap, but that' doesn't mean, that refilling only the battery becomes the proper way to keep your car running.

And again, problems with lags are very easy to solve. Of course unless you are some anti-social freak, that is afraid of saying "Hi, I'm looking for someone with good connection to play with" on a chat.

Here, you can even copy+paste this i the chat window.

What I fail to understand about Angius (even forgiving the analogy that did not appropriately represent anything) is this:

Why is it you think you get to tell solo players, like myself, how we should be playing a game? Since when is it ever not each consumer's choice to play a game however he or she wants? Where do you get the right to tell us that we should play co-op or get punished?

And on that note, -what does punishing solo play accomplish-? There is no gain for punishing solo players to any significant extent. I am sure a large majority solo because co-op has either failed them (I'm tired of immature, aggressive fools and defense heroes/other selfish and annoying behavior. I'm also tired of the bad lag every other game), or they simply do not wish to play with others and yet still wish to enjoy a good game that can work solo.

I can understand adding a bit of a perk for grouping, sure. Why not 1.5 times gain or something more minor? Why does the solo player have to be crippled to the point where he cannot enjoy the game because he feels like he is making no progress, no dent in the work he needs to do?

The bad argumentation so far in this thread just makes me think the co-op advocates are just sadistic. You don't win. You just make someone else lose who won't affect you.

Fixed.This game is co-op game.Yes, solo players will be "punished".No, the game should not be easier for solo players. If you're going solo, you need to deal with the fact, that there's nobody to revive you or help you in any way.Yes, I am aware, that there's a solo option in game "for a reason". And the reasons are: - Bad internet connection - I'm waiting for an important call, so I need to have the possibility to pause at any time - I just want to test my new weapon, and I don't want to play with others, because this weapon can be a horrible mistake.No, solo is not valid way of playing co-op game Solo players should not get the exact same content for the exact same amount of work as co-op players. And I'll post this image, until every solo%&^ will vomit it.V55v9nk.jpg

Reported.

Your little comment that you insisted on putting above that picture of yours was childish and uncalled for. Lots of people play solo. Calling us names for playing solo is pretty hateful. I hope the admins deal with your sh*t talk appropriately.

What I fail to understand about Angius (even forgiving the analogy that did not appropriately represent anything) is this:

Why is it you think you get to tell solo players, like myself, how we should be playing a game? Since when is it ever not each consumer's choice to play a game however he or she wants? Where do you get the right to tell us that we should play co-op or get punished?

And on that note, -what does punishing solo play accomplish-? There is no gain for punishing solo players to any significant extent. I am sure a large majority solo because co-op has either failed them (I'm tired of immature, aggressive fools and defense heroes/other selfish and annoying behavior. I'm also tired of the bad lag every other game), or they simply do not wish to play with others and yet still wish to enjoy a good game that can work solo.

I can understand adding a bit of a perk for grouping, sure. Why not 1.5 times gain or something more minor? Why does the solo player have to be crippled to the point where he cannot enjoy the game because he feels like he is making no progress, no dent in the work he needs to do?

The bad argumentation so far in this thread just makes me think the co-op advocates are just sadistic. You don't win. You just make someone else lose who won't affect you.

^^

This, so very much this.

I don't understand why people like Angius are so Hell-bent on punishing the solo people. There ARE reasons why people want to solo. Why punish them? What do you get out of punishing us? Does it somehow hurt you that we're able to finish events solo?

Reported.

Your little comment that you insisted on putting above that picture of yours was childish and uncalled for. Lots of people play solo. Calling us names for playing solo is pretty hateful. I hope the admins deal with your sh*t talk appropriately.

Reported.

You complain about him calling you names and being hateful, then you go and do the same thing right back?  Now THAT is childish.

Back on topic.  This IS a cooperative driven game.  That is one of the main selling points.  Complaining about the bad networking has little to nothing to do with the actual topic!  Now, I have read a few posts about bad lag, and sure, lag happens, but certainly not nearly as bad as you are claiming.  I live out in the freaking STICKS man.  Seriously.  My bandwidth is 3mbps.  3!  For a household of 4 people who are constantly on the internet.  I rarely get games that are so bad I can't play.  And as for NAT issues, its stupidly easy to fix!  Spend a couple of hours googling it and bam, problem solved.

The reason you should be "punished" for soloing is pretty simple.  If it was just as easy to solo as it was to PuG, then nobody would PuG!  And that defeats the entire purpose of the game!

The reason you should be "punished" for soloing is pretty simple.  If it was just as easy to solo as it was to PuG, then nobody would PuG!  And that defeats the entire purpose of the game!

While I can't speak for everybody, I know that more than a few soloers like myself aren't asking that solo be as easy as coop.  All we want is for it to be viable, to not have to do eight times the amount of work a coop player would have to do for the same results.

Here we go again with the co-op mode. Yes, the wiki says co-op, you are so smart and clever for posting that, good job. Anyway, I agree with you. This game is simply not fun for me on co-op mode so I play solo (Notice how when you click the blue "online" button there is an option for solo). Playing solo in events means that you get to grind 4 times as much, this doesn't "encourage" co-op at least not in a positive way, it just makes people who don't want to play co-o think "oh yay, I get to sprint through a level while 3 people with acrids one hit everything."

If DE wants people to encourage people to play co-op they need to make more interesting not just force people to grind more if they don't.

While I can't speak for everybody, I know that more than a few soloers like myself aren't asking that solo be as easy as coop.  All we want is for it to be viable, to not have to do eight times the amount of work a coop player would have to do for the same results.

And you don't think it's a problem that people only play co-op because it's easier, not because it's fun?

Also lag is a serious problem. 90% of the PuG games I get into are so bad I can't even play and my internet's pretty crap as well. This is a free to play game meaning a lot of the people playing it don't have outstanding internet or computers. I absolutely HAVE to play solo if I want to do anything other than watch grineer vibrate in place for the majority of games.

Edited by merryfistmas

Solo is viable.  For everything but maybe high level Defense and Mobile Defense missions.  That's like 98% of the content that is soloable.  And look at it this way.  The missions are they same for everybody.  Why should they change depending on how many people there are?

Solo is viable.  For everything but maybe high level Defense and Mobile Defense missions.  That's like 98% of the content that is soloable.  And look at it this way.  The missions are they same for everybody.  Why should they change depending on how many people there are?

Ah, I was referring to events, specifically; where solo hasn't been reasonably viable for a while now.  I know that solo eventually works for most of the game except the higher end/defence missions (the ones that actually matter), once you've got the gear and wits.

And you don't think it's a problem that people only play co-op because it's easier, not because it's fun?

I do think that, very much so.  I don't play with pugs during events because I find their company enjoyable or because their presence enhances my gaming experience.  I play with them because I'm forced to if I want the shiny prize without wasting my weekend away.

Edited by Katakuna

So you're saying that having to do 300 missions for Arid Fear is your version of "Solo is Viable"?

What about 300-350 missions for the Fomorian event?

Edited by Xylia

My friend is participate in the majority of group games in Warframe, Because the netcode is still incomplete/incompatible with most routers and states strict NAT when all ports are unblocked, etc. He's sent in a few Support tickets in his time, too. No dice as yet :< 

Solo players aren't all solo players because they wish to be, and "Just play with others", is something they'd quite enjoy to do with myself and others. As such, I think DE is not being as friendly towards players that are in these situations as they could be, especially in respect to Events. While I understand that Events are designed to be community based, I also think Solo mode players should not have a 4x larger job to do for a situation that DE is helping to facilitate. It's an indirect form of punishment for having issues with the game that they cannot control.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

I like how my friend is punished in Warframe Events because their netcode is still buggy and states strict NAT when all ports are unblocked, etc.

Solo players aren't all solo players because they wish to be.

Well, eh, some of us ENJOY solo play. We shouldn't be punished either. I can group up, but with how most people suck at hosting, and how unfun it is to watch everybody with acrids kill everything in 2 seconds... sometimes I prefer solo. Also I don't like staring at the "PLAY NOW!" button because nobody is at the node, OR, family member is on Youtube (and I can't really tell them to get off it because they don't get a lot of free time) and I can't join anybody's game because my ping is >300ms.

Edited by Xylia