Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Help Needed

LeAtlas

Question

22 answers to this question

Spam mobile defense, headshot grineer with them until level 30

Maxed out AP is a must, cryorounds is really awesome and works well with the Latron series's traits of a semi auto since you slow them down and the first hit probably doesn't kill them.

Thought a 105% serration felt enough to me, but then again... that was when kappa's grineer were like level 18, which was before u9

Just shot enemies on their weakpoints (usually head, except Ancients) with it. With its low RoF ('cause it's a semi auto), moderate crit chance and high damage, you'll get more advantage against enemies through precision shots, either through headshot or weakpoint shots.

Spam mobile defense, headshot grineer with them until level 30

Maxed out AP is a must, cryorounds is really awesome and works well with the Latron series's traits of a semi auto since you slow them down and the first hit probably doesn't kill them.

Thought a 105% serration felt enough to me, but then again... that was when kappa's grineer were like level 18, which was before u9

so... crit build or normal damage builds?

I used to wreck everything with a basic damage build: serration, multishot, fire rate (once you get a handle on the recoil, you can empty a magazine in 3 seconds with every shot hitting the weakpoint), reload speed, and rainbow damage. That would kill anything except heavies in 1-2 shots; might need a third shot once you start fighting 90+ targets. This was back before forma or dual-stat mods existed, so I wonder what kind of havoc it can cause now.

I used to wreck everything with a basic damage build: serration, multishot, fire rate (once you get a handle on the recoil, you can empty a magazine in 3 seconds with every shot hitting the weakpoint), reload speed, and rainbow damage. That would kill anything except heavies in 1-2 shots; might need a third shot once you start fighting 90+ targets. This was back before forma or dual-stat mods existed, so I wonder what kind of havoc it can cause now.

*whispers* armour 2.0 xD

how effective is it to slap in a maxed speed trigger and shred? does it go crazy fast like vasto?

Actually, I don't know.

I ever used my Latron Prime as an accurate ''Sniper Rifle'' instead of a fast semi-auto rifle.

It is up to you to test what suits your playstyle better.

A side note: I didn't use my Latron Prime since they reworked all the enemy levels.

the rate of fire mod REALLY helps this gun, so that mod and serration are a MUST.

I've heard multishot works well to (but I have yet to get this mod)

I also recommend AP, clipsize, cryo rounds

the others really depend on what you are fighting: electric rounds for corpus, fire rounds for everything else

the normal latron doesn't crit enough to need crit mods, but you can use them if your really want to. Its also very ammo efficient so ammo drum is very unnecessary

gameplay wise, I recommend looking down the sights and sniping for headshots at range wherever you can 

LPrime is one of the weapons with a viable crit/ap build, which makes it quite effective against high level enemies with stupid-high armor scaling.

Unfortunately its not armor piercing and the ap mod for rifles is only 60%. So its truly only effective against mid-low level enemies.

Either go fire rate / puncture, or damage/shot + headshots.