Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sargas Ruk and heat resistance

(PSN)xtharbadx

Question

This last sortie 3/3 was to assassinate Sargas Ruk.

Although I managed to kill him, I was surprised that apparently his abilities where we makes this sort of ring of fire managed to still damage me even thou I had 100% fire resistance with my arcanes.

I wonder, is this intended or a bug? The wiki clearly states heat damage:

Phase 2( fire blast): "General Sargas Ruk slams the ground to create a ring of fire which expands rapidly up to 30 meters wide and 10 meters tall, causing high fire damage and knocks down those caught in it. "

Phase 3( inferno ) "Sargas Ruk slams the ground, creating 5 fiery pillars lasting for 5 seconds; each pillar deals heavy Heat damage per tick."

Not that it should matter, but I wanted to try something new so I went with invisible Ivara with a Radiation Lanka.

I used the Operator to draw agro and have him open his weak spots, while keeping Ivara on a strategical spot nearby.

I would let my Operator die on purpose as soon as he exposed his weakspots, so I would return to the warframe ready to shoot him with the Lanka.

Worked pretty good, except that my frame would still get damage from the fire abilities, which I thought was weird. 

2 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

I believe the arcanes protect from status effect, not the damage.

That makes sense, thanks.

Should have read the wiki on what the Arcane does:

"Being a passive, the bonus is additive. This means that a Rank 4 (80%) Arcane Ice, used with a Rank 1 (20%) Arcane Ice will grant a 100% chance of resisting  Heat proc."

Edited by (PS4)xtharbadx