Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oestrus Nidus Nonsense

Zargos101

I've been running this map every day for the last 4 days and still have not obtained Neuroptics. I think it's ridiculous that all 3 parts are on the same long boring mission. Why are the parts not split up over multiple areas so people aren't grinding the same game type over and over? It's almost as if the game knows what part I am missing and is intentionally not rewarding it. Extremely aggravating. I literally have a ton of the other 2 parts. Fix this terrible choice of how to obtain his parts. On top of that, the large generator room version of the map takes longer for encryptions.

Edited by Zargos101

It's just RNG, like in any other part of Warframe. Guess what's happening with Revenant right now, and will happen again when it hits consoles? Some have it better now, some have it worse.

But a tip for the future. Farm frames on release, it's way easier with more players in on it, even if it makes the effort go a bit down.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

Guess what's happening with Revenant right now, and will happen again when it hits consoles? Some have it better now, some have it worse.

Just because you mentioned it, Revenant farm is actually one of the really friendly options, especially due to the nature of bounties where you can pump out another reward in a couple of minutes, so for the time investment you have a really good chance of getting parts.

As with any other farm in the game, if you get tired of it farm relics and sell prime parts for plat instead - that's how I got Khora because her farm is the worst and I farmed Nidus, Harrow, Atlas & all the others. Khora is truly the worst grind.

So farm up some plat and just buy Nidus straight up, and Khora if you haven't already got her as well.

3 minutes ago, Droopsie said:

Just because you mentioned it, Revenant farm is actually one of the really friendly options, especially due to the nature of bounties where you can pump out another reward in a couple of minutes, so for the time investment you have a really good chance of getting parts.

As with any other farm in the game, if you get tired of it farm relics and sell prime parts for plat instead - that's how I got Khora because her farm is the worst and I farmed Nidus, Harrow, Atlas & all the others. Khora is truly the worst grind.

So farm up some plat and just buy Nidus straight up, and Khora if you haven't already got her as well.

Indeed. That's what I meant. Someone will always draw the short straw when there's RNG at play, no matter the method. And like you, what I do is indirect farm when I can't be bothered to farm something. While I got Khora easily I still farmed in 2 days the 800p I needed to cover full-priced Lato and Braton Vandals, even if I didn't pay that much. Otherwise I could still be farming for those 2 weapons to this day, so I don't regret it at all. Luckily with Nidus, Khora and other regular frames we can still get them with discounts so that's also neat.

See, that's where it shows your game isn't that well designed. When it forces you to farm in-game real money currency to buy something that you already have most of the parts for. All they have to do is spread the frames parts out over multiple missions. Or make the quest that grants you the frames main blueprint, that frames parts along the way. Like the Hidden Messages quest with Mirage. They want people to enjoy their game, but poor game design pisses people off. You shouldn't have to farm plat or grind for days. People have limited time and want to do other things. Not play the same map over and over until the game becomes boring.

But all you mention is already in the game in several ways. As with the bounties and most mechanics DE likes to add as much variety as possible (We've had Cetus unvaulting, regular unvaulting, Baro unvaulting and Void unvaulting until now). Nidus is a frame that's only gotten in one mission only, true, but see Harrow for example. Harrow has his parts scattered around several mission types, ones easier (like the fissure drop), others harder (like his kuva spy drop), Octavia is also like this, but scattered in several missions in Lua only. These are small details but they have a purpose.

And lets not forget that despite the game being effectively free, it still costs to maintain. It costs even more to further develop and to evolve like we've seen with the open worlds and Railjack coming soon. We can't really blame DE for trying to earn some funds out of it by trying to sway players into spending their money, and even then you can earn plat without spending money at all (I do advise purchasing a 60€£$ pack sometime though, as one would do with a regular game, but that's just my opinion).

The thing is that people spend on quality regardless. It seems with how long they've been doing it, though, that people give in regularly and just buy. Heck, I bought Nidus rather than deal with is farm, but Khora and Revenant I'll just have to do without. If it's making them money I guess I can't argue it, but I'm not a fan of poor design.