Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant doesn't feel.. Sentienty :(

ZiKi1705

What i want to say is... Revenant doesn't feel very unique... i have a few ideas:

Lower base HP from 100 to 50 or lower (DE said they were planing on "no hp" frame... well how about very very little)
Change passive, add when shields are depleted, AOE Blast damage of total shield amount not including overshields (has cooldown of 30sec shown by indicator next to HP bar, unaffected by mods)

His first ability is basically Nyx's mind control but with a twist... I say leave her job to her.. no need to have clones of frame abilities *kahm,kahm NEZHA x(* 
I would change this into "Sweep of the sentient" where Revenants hand extends tentacles and sweeps in front of him (looks like Gara's sweep) but impact based with very low or no dmg (like Banshees first aka. panic button)

His second ability is in a right direction.. maybe just add a chance to resist status proc but remove damage resistance (read below)

His third ability is great looking but healing from that seems a bit meh... how about this... passing though enemies would grant damage resistance... max stack of 15-18 where each enemy gives 5% damage resistance... and each stack has its own cooldown of base XX (lets say 20) seconds.. so in order to keep the 75-90% you have to constantly pay attention and keep a close look on your indicator

and finally His ultimate ability.. i would argue to remove Dance Macabre completely.. My version of his ultimate would be version of Inaros's ultimate aka. channel to increase total shields (synergy with passive) [button 4 is held] BUT once passive AOE dmg is proc-ed this buff is lost so you have to re-channel.. while you're channeling you're invulnerable and cannot act

// another idea is.. it would be amazing if you could transform into a minisized Teralyst right? going around smashing things 🙂 \\

I'm gonna be honest, when i say Sentient based frame i think of some sorts of damage mitigation so.. this would fit him i think
I'd love to hear what you have to say about this 🙂

you say Revenant doesnt feel unique, still you want is 1 to be Banshee 1 and his 4 to be a Inaros variant ?

anyways, my comments :

1 : no. That's kind of his theme. See the loading screen ?

2 : 2 feels fine right now.

3 : Good idea, needs work, a bigger range. Your idea is weird. Why would I want that if I already have my 2 ? 3 definitly need some work.

4 : 4 is okay. Could be better. But your suggestion I don't like at all tho. Your abilities are very underwhelming and I wouldn't see a point in playing him.

you would play him with those abilities ?

Well Revenant started as the "sentient" frame only by looks, when his kit was first design it was supposed to be vampire inspired just as Rebecca wanted. Later, they for the most part decided to drop that for a "warden" theme and I believe Steve decided to add the power that is Danse Macabre (his only sentient trait). The thing is that his kit is already in revision and sadly as most people can agree, he has held back potential with his current kit:

I should stress first that my concept and view of a sentient frame is damage adaptation (offensive and defensive)

New Passive: Revenant takes 75% less damage from status procs and reduces their durantion by 50%

1) Enthrall is what needs the most changes: First off enthralled enemies cannot be killed by allies, only by Revenant and other enemies. Enemies are not good at damaging themselves, it would be more useful if they when enthralled would be programmed in such a way the have to actively seek other enemies to enthrall and attack enemies somewhere between close range to point blank to the nearest targets from Revenant, so at least 90% of the aggro is directed towards them. For the added "sentient" feel enthralled enemies gain a damage type bonus depending on what enemy they are attacking with a 30% base status chance, increasing with power strength (the damage adaptation just like Danse Macabre with corrosive, magnetic, gas). Remove the pillars of energy that killed enthralled leave and replace the with a shot of energy that seeks enemies similar of those of the vombalyst with 50% status chance at base (with the same damage adaptation). All of the obvious effects that have a range should be affected by power range

If you think this would kill Nyx 1, well she is already late to a rework, that she needs direly.

2) Mesmer Skin weakness: The only changes Mesmer skin needs are: First a faster cast animation. Second,  a 3 second delay on its charges consumption so enemies can't take it all at once by ganging on you. Third, a minimal damage threshold that a charge needs to meet to be consumed, right now a Mesmer skin charge can be consumed if a enemy does 1 point of damage to Revenant which is terrible for a defensive ability, a minimal 400 damage threshold should be first met to consume a charge(should this be increased by power strength is for debate). Finally, which I think is also for debate, Mesmer skin should be re-castable at a higher energy cost. All other things like enemy stunt, damage and status redirection and free Enthralling should remain as is. For better visuals: remove the smoke effect Mesmer skin has (its distracting at best and screen blurring at worst) and at more "sentient" tentacles warping around Revenant (like on his left shoulder)

3) Reave high energy cost: plain and simple, as a bonus for passing through enthralled enemies 25% of Reave energy cost is refunded (it is affected negatively by power efficiency as nidus 1) and 1 Mesmer skin (at base, affect by power strength) charge is awarded to Revenant. The new animation is fine and also the shield and health drain are fine if not forgettable at best.

4) Revert Danse Macabre energy cost: Again simple, revert the energy drain as when Revenant was first release and add a bonus: While using Danse Macabre, Reave cost 25% of its original cost for half range and no shield/health drain from enemies.

This should make Revenant be at full potential, rather than a complete rework of his abilities.

Edited by (PS4)niemesis300