Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I visited the Quills and got my first amp

FlusteredFerret

Question

I was just wondering how useful it is?

I've been wandering around the plains solo and the mote amp has no effect on regular enemies (Grineer) or even small sentients like Vomvalysts (unless there is something I'm doing wrong).

I see the amp begins unranked like regular weapons, but I see no way of ranking it up.

Would appreciate some advice on how to use it until I can get a "proper" amp.

6 answers to this question

You lvl it up like normal weapons, you just need to be in Tenno mode while you get the xp. It’s not very useful, it has limited range and low dmg, only use to to take out vomvalysts in their ethereal form, but keep in mind it’s limited range, it’s not useful for anything else 

the mote amp is pretty basic, it's not going to be very effective on armored enemies, but should do ok on corpus and infested if you want better ways of levelling it up. The amps rank up just like normal weapons, so getting xp from a group or hacking spy vaults as the operator will help level it up if you don't want to fight enemies with it.

Also it isn't killing vomvalysts? it should at least do that. How's your aim on them?

8 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

the mote amp is pretty basic, it's not going to be very effective on armored enemies, but should do ok on corpus and infested if you want better ways of levelling it up. The amps rank up just like normal weapons, so getting xp from a group or hacking spy vaults as the operator will help level it up if you don't want to fight enemies with it.

Also it isn't killing vomvalysts? it should at least do that. How's your aim on them?

Hmm...well I was trying it out from sort of medium range, as I didn't want them to start following me. I guess the amp is mainly for close range combat? My aim is pretty good (IMO) but maybe I was just trying from too far away.

If it ranks up through normal play in warframe mode, thats fine with me.

Mainly I just want to collect enough sentient cores to raise my standing with the Quills, so I can buy a proper amp (which seem about 10 times more powerful, judging from their stats). Thats why I was going after Vomvalysts.

My Tigris is pretty good at taking them down...maybe I should use that instead.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

Just now, FlusteredFerret said:

Hmm...well I was trying it out from sort of medium range, as I didn't want them to start following me. I guess the amp is mainly for close range combat? My aim is pretty good (IMO) but maybe I was just trying from too far away.

If it ranks up through normal play in warframe mode, thats fine with me.

Mainly I just want to collect enough sentient cores to raise my standing with the Quills, so I can buy a proper amp (which seem about 10 times more powerful, judging from their stats). Thats why I was going after Vomvalysts.

My suggestion then, break the shell with your strong warframe weapons, then finish off the vomvalysts with the operator. Should be better till you get your built amps.

It "can" rank up through normal play, but you do have to go into operator mode to reap the benefits, it won't passively gain xp unless the operator is present in the fight or during objective bonuses like spy.

32 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

You need to take down and then hack an Eidolon lure or two, drag this Sentient bait to desired location and set to "Hold Position" mode (interacting with X key) - then Vomvalysts are fixed on lure and don't pay much attention to Warframe / Operator. After killing lured prey you can switch lure to "Follow" mode and change hunters ground.