Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tridolon Bounty Restriction

Kialandi

I think there should be a restriction for this bounty. 

Too often I see people that don't know what to do, don't have any helpful warframe or weapons. 

Quill's Standing requirement would be enough in my opinion.  Revenant's quest requires the Observer rank, why not add this requirement to the Tridolon Bounty? Farming 27k worth of sentient cores from Teralysts and Vomvalysts is easy enough.

If you want to teach someone or if you want to learn about the Tridolons you can always do that in Free Roam. Not through a bounty.

Edited by Kialandi

9 minutes ago, Kialandi said:

Too often I see people that don't know what to do, don't have any helpful warframe or weapons. 

If this is your complaint,

10 minutes ago, Kialandi said:

Quill's Standing requirement would be enough in my opinion.

this is not a solution that addresses anything in your complaint.

Just now, peterc3 said:

If this is your complaint,

this is not a solution that addresses anything in your complaint.

To get the standing you need to run Teralysts or grind the hell out of Vomvalysts. Either you get at least some experience (better than none) or you are a really patient player.

For example today I saw a player, who thought that running Teralyst TWICE was enough to qualify him for Tridolons. We carried him and at the end I tried to explain to him that he should first hunt some Teralysts to get better amp and learn about the mechanics. His answer was: "I already did the first one."

4 minutes ago, Kialandi said:

To get the standing you need to run Teralysts or grind the hell out of Vomvalysts. Either you get at least some experience (better than none) or you are a really patient player.

For example today I saw a player, who thought that running Teralyst TWICE was enough to qualify him for Tridolons. We carried him and at the end I tried to explain to him that he should first hunt some Teralysts to get better amp and learn about the mechanics. His answer was: "I already did the first one."

Your complaint was that you routinely see people with bad weapons, frames, experience doing Tridolon runs on the Bounty. You go on to say people can easily grind out Vomvalysts to get to your suggested restriction for the Bounty.

Doing Vomvalysts requires a Mote Amp and none of the meta weapons for doing Eidolons. Your suggestion does nothing to alleviate your apparent frustration.

1 minute ago, Kialandi said:

He just wants a carry in the Tridolon as well. The gap between a Teralyst and the other two Eidolons is larger than most people expect I think, which causes a number of issues.  You can beat a Teralyst with a mote amp and a Soma, eventually, but it's a giant pain for the other two and often a waste of time.  

Maybe a minimum number of Teralyst captures would be beneficial.  Since it's PUGs, I figure you get what you get and can't really complain, but with recruiting squads, I expect that everyone joining knows the mechanics at least and what we need to do.  This isn't the case about half the time, which is even worse to me.  

6 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Your complaint was that you routinely see people with bad weapons, frames, experience doing Tridolon runs on the Bounty. You go on to say people can easily grind out Vomvalysts to get to your suggested restriction for the Bounty.

Doing Vomvalysts requires a Mote Amp and none of the meta weapons for doing Eidolons. Your suggestion does nothing to alleviate your apparent frustration.

Do you realize there is not much DE can do to restrict the bounty?

• You can't restrict the bounty to certain weapons.
  • You can't restrict the bounty to certain warframes.
  • You can't restrict the bounty to certain amps.

There is nothing that can directly "alleviate my frustration".

So what can DE do? Add Quill's Standing requirement or Teralyst capture/kill requirement. In my opinion it should be the former.

Farming 270 Vomvalysts is easy it just takes forever. However if your goal is to hunt Tridolons, why would you avoid hunting Teralyst? It's much faster and just a little bit more difficult.

You get at least some experience which is better than none.

You know DE could add condition that you must be able to kill or capture teralyst ALONE to enter public tridolons. You can do that with mote amp and a good weapon or a good amp and a bad weapon. At least then you'd know they can do something.

If there's no soloing teralyst condition but some other condition it means the leechers will just have to get carried a bit more, which they will.

If someone wanted to carry a friend through tridolon they could still do free roam or teralyst que.