Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Evolution

SillyPotatoes

Ladies and Gentlemen , i present you  : Evolution

This type of mission is an endless exterminate . Think of it like , 

OH NOES, the enemy has sent a distress call, a batallion has arrived to check up the location .

. The added bonus is in the title . . Every time a new set of monsters appear,they learn and adapt from previous batch .  Say a Saryn was throwing 360 no-scope 300% range blitz poison tornado on all enemies regardless of line of sight ? Well,the Grineer have dispatched a special unit equipped with a frontal shield ! It blocks all particles and molecules from passing through up to atoms level . Hence,the Saryn has to adapt herself to the situation and choose the spots  she's going to throw her poison from . Is Volt throwing 360 no-scope laser beams on the ground that affect the entire planet and surrounding asteroid blocks ? Have no fear ! The corpus have dispatched units with  carpet-like shoes that act as electrical resistant conductors . However,there's the catch,mobs now walk in squads and they can only keep these carpets going for X time before having to recharge for Y time . So,the Volt has to think when to press 4 to win .

I think the reader has caught the idea by now . Every time a new set of monsters comes,they get better against their opponents,be it their warframes,their weapons,their weapon types and ailments , their tactics,movement ,mob-slaughtering strategy ,etc .   And every time a new group shows up , a new rotation comes on,in the tradtional AABC ,or..who knows ! MAYBE ABC !!!( nah,that's a fantasy).

Goodbye sirs and ladies . :^)

There has to be a fail condition outside enemies killing us or there is functionally no fail condition and therefore the mode will not reward much of anything.

Survival is essentially endless Exterminate plus needing to maintain life support.
E/SO is endless Exterminate plus "Efficiency".

So kinda like the Corpus drop ship squad, with adaptive damage resistances, but smarter or more gimmiky, instead of the boring single unit with high elemental resistances? 

You could add that as base for any type of mission above lvl30 in order to give a sense in difficulty progression.

I like.

every Gamemode in the game is Exterminate, for the record. Exterminate is every other Gamemode with its Objective removed.
so if you want a Gamemode that is focused entirely on Killing (granted we have some Gamemodes that are that anyways), you'll ultimately end up creating Exterminate v2, where there's more than just some random mooks standing around waiting to be Killed.

but making the Enemies more interesting isn't really enough - you gotta add an Objective to the Mission too. something to do other than Kill Enemies because we do that everywhere else in the game too.

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

every Gamemode in the game is Exterminate, for the record. Exterminate is every other Gamemode with its Objective removed.
so if you want a Gamemode that is focused entirely on Killing (granted we have some Gamemodes that are that anyways), you'll ultimately end up creating Exterminate v2, where there's more than just some random mooks standing around waiting to be Killed.

but making the Enemies more interesting isn't really enough - you gotta add an Objective to the Mission too. something to do other than Kill Enemies because we do that everywhere else in the game too.

This gamemode is designed to add Difficulty to your monster slaughtering to make it more challenging . Aye,you're slaughtering hordes of monsters,but you're putting more effort into it with every single rotation and you're doing it against correctly sided opponents. 

Difficulty in any game is not based on the enemy's potential to 1-shot you or resist 100 of your bullets . Let's take an example from arguably the most popular video game in history, World of Warcraft .At the beginnings of WoW, you'd have raids in which an entire phase was based on "can you survive that big hammer hit ?" Hence,people would be forced to stack fire resistance to survive a smack of sulfuras,Sargeras's hammer .

The more they've developed the game,they learned from their shortcomings and difficulty became something regarding the brain,rather than the braid . You have more fights like ...say the Lich King,where difficulty isn't about surviving a big smack in the face ,but juggling a debuff between members of the party,killing adds trying to scour people off the ramp ..or, as a lesser example , the twin dragons Theralion and Valiona from The Bastion of Twilight(Cataclysm expansion) . You would have 2 dragons,with land and air phases,and the difficulty consisted of grouping up or spreading out properly,of managing entering portals to kill fiends in them,while not touching explosive balls in there which would kill you .

What I am proposing here is not another tank and spank,because let's be honest,after you played a Rescue mission 500 times , you care naugh about the objective,but how to finish it faster ,but rather a way to add Depth to the monsters and make them challenge players , as an end-game option .

Alas,if you want to make a nice story around it, go for it ! I have no idea that would bring a unique gamemode at the moment ,and suggesting any such misses the point of the discussion , a unique gamemode would be just the same thing as any other .

Edit :Aight,i edited the last sentence of my response,in that i deleted it. It seems people read 5 paragraphs of suggestions and opinions and cling to the only sentence that is general as a way to not respond to the topic,but try to look smart . No discussion on whether my suggestion is a viable end-game solution ,whether it makes the game interesting or not, etc . Just telling me to play Solo, presuming i don't already do it from time to time . It seems i wasn't clear ,when one writes a response,one offers insight  "yes i agree because .. , No ,i don't agree because". One does not offer half-baked responses that have nothing to do with the topic at hand . Please keep the next comments in that heart ,@DatDarkOne and others

Edited by SillyPotatoes

32 minutes ago, SillyPotatoes said:

i'm proposing a paradigm shift in the way you play the game ,if you choose so .

If that's the case, then just play the game in solo mode.  Solo mode has an interesting shift to the whole game. 

What I mean is that you get to actually see the enemies try to use tactics against you.  Things that normally work as a group no longer work solo.  While some things that you couldn't do while in a group, become viable options.  

For example, playing Banshee solo completely changes how you would play her in relation to how she's played in a group.  

1 hour ago, SillyPotatoes said:

Edit :Aight,i edited the last sentence of my response,in that i deleted it. It seems people read 5 paragraphs of suggestions and opinions and cling to the only sentence that is general as a way to not respond to the topic,but try to look smart . No discussion on whether my suggestion is a viable end-game solution ,whether it makes the game interesting or not, etc . Just telling me to play Solo, presuming i don't already do it from time to time . It seems i wasn't clear ,when one writes a response,one offers insight  "yes i agree because .. , No ,i don't agree because". One does not offer half-baked responses that have nothing to do with the topic at hand . Please keep the next comments in that heart ,@DatDarkOne and others

I posted my previous comment for two reasons. 

First, because it satisfies the criteria you suggested earlier and then changed in an edit.  

Second, because it's an aspect of the game that needs to be considered also when making suggestions about missions, types, and modes. 

Now having said that, while I'm not against more game modes, they shouldn't be a copy of what is already available in the game.  You should consider all aspects, frames, and grouping options.  For example, can the mode be broken by a single frame using a method that was ignored in the initial planning.  

Apparently my post made you think about it enough to change your original statement.  I call that a win as it made you consider and think.  👍

Edited by DatDarkOne
spelling

5 hours ago, SillyPotatoes said:

This gamemode is designed to add Difficulty to your monster slaughtering to make it more challenging . Aye,you're slaughtering hordes of monsters,but you're putting more effort into it with every single rotation and you're doing it against correctly sided opponents. 

to be clear, it's not like what you're suggesting doesn't sound possibly interesting, but you'd still want to have an Objective involved as well.