Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Move the Assassination target in random missions.

Mahna

I know this will bother some people as speed running bosses for parts especially for Equinox is just part of the grind, but I would love to see assassination missions that operate more like the ones on the Plains of Eidolon. But this isn't for when the boss is at home.

If a boss comes up a sortie or invasion target rather then in their home regular mission don't put them in their normal arena room. Have them either spawn in some random room or move about the map until you actually find them.

I got Phorid as an assassination target for invasion missions 4 missions in a row and not a single mission lasted more then 3 minutes and most of that was letting the extraction timer count down. Stick the boss in a random room so that like the stalker acolytes you actually need to find him, or you have to do something to trigger them.

Like I said some people won't agree with me, but it would be kinda cool if a boss could actually ambush you in a room or you actually had to hunt them like they know you are coming and aren't just waiting for you having tea.

41 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Bosses have boss rooms so that they can use their designed abilities properly. I.e. Ruk and his Burning world attack, Phorid and his launcher, Kela and her wall grips, Jackal with their missile swarms, you get the picture.

This is especially true of the arena-type bosses, like Kela, Tyl Regor, Ambulas, and such. The majority of their boss fights revolve around their arena; you can't just put them somewhere else and expect it to work.

7 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

This is especially true of the arena-type bosses, like Kela, Tyl Regor, Ambulas, and such. The majority of their boss fights revolve around their arena; you can't just put them somewhere else and expect it to work.

Well... ambulas was actually designed like a bursa. They drop in regular missions.

1 minute ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Well... ambulas was actually designed like a bursa. They drop in regular missions.

Yes, but its boss fight is actually a fight against Animo/Frohd Bek, so putting it in another tile as the actual boss fight would make no sense.

Unless you are saying you would be okay with sorties having field bosses instead of regular ones.

The only case in which I could see DE doing what the OP is talking about is the Void, and having a Corrupted Vor assassination where he is guaranteed to spawn in during the mission, but it is like a kuva siphon where you have to find his spawning room.

this gives me an interesting alternative idea - for some Bosses it can't work since some require their specific Tiles but....

what if Assassination Missions all had some sort of location aspect to them (yes i actually really liked the Triangulation Beacons for Vay Hek), but you could encounter the Boss for free once in a while in any other Mission on that Planet as well?