The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crafting Shade, How Should I Kit His Gun Out?

Aeshi

Question

So I've decided to start crafting a Shade, but don't really have any idea as to what mods I should use on his weapon.

I was planning to use the same sort of loadout I use on my Wyrm's gun (i.e. min-rank Elemental mods and lots of shot speed, stun & multishot mods to try and maximise the chances of him staggering an enemy), but in hindsight that seems a tad dumb since Shade seems to be more 'focused' on his current target than Wyrm is (from what I've seen of other peoples Shades)

12 answers to this question

What's so bad about Shade's gun, if I may ask?

Sure its stats seem lower than that of Dethcube's (or even Wyrm's) gun, but I'd imagine the better quality of Pistol mods would cancel that out.

Edited by Aeshi

What's so bad about Shade's gun, if I may ask?

Sure its stats seem lower than that of Dethcube's (or even Wyrm's) gun, but I'd imagine the better quality of Pistol mods would cancel that out.

He is not an aggressive Sentinel.

He is not supposed to use his pistol much.

EDIT: Take a look at his Revenge vs. the attack mods of the other Sentinels.

Edited by Brimir

Add the elemental mods (lightning for stunning any Corpus that shoots you, fire for making enemies in general [especially infested] panic for a second or two, and ice for the slowdown effect in general plus stagger) to prevent sustained fire from an enemy that you're not focusing on. That's about all you need, really, as Shade's gun doesn't do much else, even when fully decked out with damage mods.

He can only fire after using the "Revenge" mod. As long as you place "Ghost" as a first-priority Precept (top-left) and Revenge at last-priority (bottom-right), you should be fine. Remember, don't ever allow enemies to hit you just so Shade can shoot them back. Elemental mods and "Revenge" are strictly a "just-in-case" scenario.

Edited by SortaRandom

If you want a DPS pet use a Dethcube. Shade's job is to cloak you and keep you alive. Revenge requires you to be actively targeted by an NPC and will not hunt down everything in range like the other two pets.

I just use slows or stuns mods on shade's gun and I do not expect anything from him.

Don't even bother with it. Shade's job is Ghost and Guardian.

As in to keep your &#! alive.

Not to draw agro to itself by shooting at things for ineffectual damage.

Also imo shade >>>> cube  > wyrm, simply because of the incredible utility/survivability of Ghost.

Despite what these looney-tunes are saying about not using Shade's weapon, I can assure you it works fine for it's purpose (last resort firepower) when modded well.

Barrel Diffusion

Hornet Strike

Deep Freeze

No Return

Lethal Torrent

..And whatever else you can fit, if anything. Pistol mods are all really common, so you should be able to kit up Shade and your own secondary at the same time.

I've had Shade steal several kills from me while using him.

The reason people say to not use Revenge is because the primary use most people have it for is a utility/defensive sentinel that assists you with constant stealth and shield boosts.

Revenge causes Shade to draw enemy aggro to itself, increasing the chance that it gets shot down, and a dead Shade isn't providing you with any extra utility.

If you still want your Shade to shoot at things despite that, I would go all cc elements+stun+multishot if you aren't willing to invest a potato+forma in its gun, and go the full 9 yards with multishot+hornet strike if you are.

Edited by Haif