Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Playing solo on Valefor Extraction is almost impossible due to bad enemy spawn rate

DireMunchkin

I recently ran a syndicate mission on Valefor Europa, which is an extraction mission using the Corpus Ice Planet tile set. I was playing solo. This extraction soon started to get really annoying though, because the enemy spawns where extremely slow. It could go upwards of 30-40 seconds without seeing a single enemy, with the extractor deployed! And since only some of those where power cell carriers, the extractors kept stopping. At some points it seemed like enemy spawns completely bugged out and it would go 2min+ with no enemies whatsoever - I'd have to "restart" by going to the next extractor. I eventually completed the mission that way by doing a bunch of partially complete extractors, but it took way longer than it should have and was generally bad and annoying.
Can we get some sort of fix for the spawn rates in that mission in solo?

TL;DR:
How to reproduce the issue: Play Valefor Europa solo

The issue: Non-existent enemy spawns, extractor can barely be powered

They sometimes simply stop sapwning since you aren't doing any "mission progression", there a re a few triggers, such as starting an excavator and pickip up power cells.

In other words, if the excavator stops and you decided not to pick up excavator power cells, then DE assumes you are farming the enemies for loot and disables spawns until you decide to do anything relevant in the mission.

You have to pick up cells, if 10 of them are on the ground, then you always have enough cells in the map to power up the excavator, no more spawns will arrive because you don't need them.

Obviosuly, being in solo, going out of your way to pick up one cell, will cause enemies to attack the defenseless extractor, so my sugestion is to play in a group.

7 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

They sometimes simply stop sapwning since you aren't doing any "mission progression", there a re a few triggers, such as starting an excavator and pickip up power cells.

In other words, if the excavator stops and you decided not to pick up excavator power cells, then DE assumes you are farming the enemies for loot and disables spawns until you decide to do anything relevant in the mission.

You have to pick up cells, if 10 of them are on the ground, then you always have enough cells in the map to power up the excavator, no more spawns will arrive because you don't need them.

Obviosuly, being in solo, going out of your way to pick up one cell, will cause enemies to attack the defenseless extractor, so my sugestion is to play in a group.

I don't think I missed any power cells. Like I said I couldn't get enough cells all mission so I looked pretty thoroughly.