Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Augment For Forth Ability.

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

Revenant’s Forth ability as those who use him know, spins in a circle shooting bullets of sentient energy. You can move around while in this state. However there’s one flaw with this ability and that is enemies too high or too low are harder to be hit.

So I was thinking an augment to make revenant float upwards when holding jump could be a nice addition. Almost like how Mesa and nyx can walk with theirs. This augment would allow revenant a little more freedom of moment while ability is active without having to disable it constantly. A lot of maps have a lot of obstacles that make the ability pretty much useless cause there’s too much cover. Now maybe revenant CANNOT move while floating upwards so that revenant doesn’t become some Death Satalite, IF DE prefers.

Of course another option would be to turn the ability’s elemental adaptation against enemies into physical. Infested = slash, corpus = impact, and grineer = puncture. That would help against elemenatlly enhanced enemies. But that would mainly be useful for sortie missions. 

But I would prefer the floating upwards for mostly non sortie related missions. Tell me what y’all think and please be civil. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Let’s think about making him an actual good frame as is before we start talking augments.

To me he is already good. He is the ultimate enemy against the corrupted due to adapting to all of their weaknesses vs having to choose only one weakness. He is actually pretty spot on to how I visioned him. Better actually. So I have no idea what problems other people may have. Though I do see a flaw in his first ability where teammates can’t shoot the enemies enthralled. Only certain abilities can affect them or the revenant. DE might need to fix that or else trolling issue will occur. 

Btw I don’t expect an augment any time soon. Probably a few months. Just something I wanted to talk about. 

13 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Let’s think about making him an actual good frame as is before we start talking augments.

for me, he is an excellent frame, his 2nd combined with his 4th, arcane grace and energize makes him perfect for everything except spy (maybe)

The only thing i wish to see is to be able to cast the 2nd while in 4th as i am able to cast the 3rd

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

23 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

To me he is already good. He is the ultimate enemy against the corrupted due to adapting to all of their weaknesses vs having to choose only one weakness. He is actually pretty spot on to how I visioned him. Better actually. So I have no idea what problems other people may have. Though I do see a flaw in his first ability where teammates can’t shoot the enemies enthralled. Only certain abilities can affect them or the revenant. DE might need to fix that or else trolling issue will occur. 

Btw I don’t expect an augment any time soon. Probably a few months. Just something I wanted to talk about. 

The issue people have with his abilities is only two of his four abilities (Mesmer Skin and Danse Macabre) have cases where they are genuinely useful without feeling bad to use.  And those abilities aren't strong enough to warrant using him versus other frames.

I think he has potential to be really cool, but I think it will take more change than DE would be willing or able to do.