The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe Stuttering

DoctorProfessor

23 minutes ago, GentlePuppet said:

This happens to me anytime I go anywhere near Cetus and the plains, I'm pretty certain this is a fault of the game itself, not our hardware.

Lower end processors cannot handle Cetus. Stuttering around Cetus and PoE is frequently the hardware not being up to scratch.

On 2018-09-20 at 12:46 PM, DoctorProfessor said:

Any ideas? I'm out of things to try.

I found that increasing some of the options (like the particle one) gave higher FPS. Have you give that a go?

• otherwise, make sure there are no background tasks running (downloads etc) and see if it persists.
  • Have you tried to monitor the hardware temperature?
  • Have you monitored the resource usage (task manager)?
Edited by krc473

6 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Lower end processors cannot handle Cetus. Stuttering around Cetus and PoE is frequently the hardware not being up to scratch.

Is Ryzen 5 lower end? I have no idea what ryzen or amd gpus/cpus are, version/number wise 😩. All I can say is that the plains use to work just fine for me before the revenant update, never use to stutter or lag, now its a mess and I will often drop from squads because of random spikes, making me avoid the plains as a whole.

Edited by GentlePuppet

7 minutes ago, GentlePuppet said:

Is Ryzen 5 lower end?

Ryzen 5 is good for multi-threading, Warframe handles this really poorly. So, while it is not lower end, it may not work as well as it should with Warframe.

• I was not sure if you were running with the same CPU though, hence the comment. Given that video does not show or mention PoE and Cetus, I have no idea if you are experiencing the same issues.

Yeah it's probably nothing to do with "lower end" hardware. I've got an i7 8700k, all ssd's, gtx 1080 and 16gb of ddr 4 3200 memory in one system and a ryzen 5 2600x with similar hardware in hers and both stutter after a short time every few seconds, progressively getting worse and worse until a whole reboot is required. No other games having the issue. I've tried everything but install a lower Windows 10 or Windows 7 version at this point. Hope you can think of something because I'm at a loss.

Edited by UlgrimUnpleasant
corrected cpu model