Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame to Operator time

(PSN)NewYorkGameflow

Hello everyone.

I wanted to write about this for some time now. I feel as though it takes too long to efficiently execute frame to operator actions. The most obvious scenario is when trying to go from frame to operator in mid air, in an attempt to continue traveling via void dash spam. It takes too long. Sometimes i attempt to jump out of the frame and execute a few quick operator actions before jumping back in the frame, i can never manage that fast enough, theres always a sort of pause in animation, the buttons dont register on time, the whole process is just slow and makes the game feel kind of... "clunky".

It would be good if this was addressed is a future patch. The operator plays a big role now, cooperation between the frame and the operator should be seamless. 

Also, i noticed that after depleting the operators energy, in the case of void dashing, even if i get back in the frame in mid air and allow the energy to replenish, i still cant continue to void dash unless the frame touches the ground. Getting a few more dashes out of the operator is not game breaking, it certainly cant go on forever. I wonder what the big deal is, that the need to have the frame touch the ground before allowing the operator to void dash again was necessary. 

Thats all for now. Thank you for reading.

You'll probably find that when you're playing solo or hosting that this delay is practically gone. The delay seems to be mostly coming from network lag and can be very clunky indeed. Until they fix this (if they ever do), all I can recommend for smoother operator play is to play solo.

11 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

I remember this restriction was implemented to prevent the ability to be permanently airborne.

So theres a reason. Ok, im not sure its that big a deal. A player would have to go out of their way to remain airborne, in that, its not something that can be done traveling at a straight line. Also... we are already airborne with the archwings, and it wouldnt eliminate the use of them. I still use the wings to fight and collect wisps. It would just be fun, and would make traveling a bit faster, but not that much faster considering that every 5 to 6 jumps we would have to gain enough height to get back in to the frame long enough to replenish some energy in order to continue dashing. Its not a "click to end up on the other side" type thing...

I dont know.. i cant see what the big deal is. 

Thank you for the reply, didnt know it was implemented with that purpose.

7 minutes ago, Arisu said:

You'll probably find that when you're playing solo or hosting that this delay is practically gone. The delay seems to be mostly coming from network lag and can be very clunky indeed. Until they fix this (if they ever do), all I can recommend for smoother operator play is to play solo.

I have noticed things get somewhat better when playing solo. Jumping in and out of the frame while soloing the eidolons is where this gets noticed the most. Even during solo play, i suppose theres so much happening during the eidolon fights that the game slows down.

Thank you for the input.

I agree, the delay between warframe and Operator doesn't feel great. I can understand not wanting to abuse the momentum mechanics, but then again, Nezha just got a similar issue fixed on his 1 after his rework, and I think Operator switching should also be fixed to not provide infinite momentum. Personally, I'd prefer a switch from warframe to Operator where there'd be no addition in momentum, just a transfer, if that means having an instant transition.