Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx/Rhino Unvault: The best one yet

JakeVanV

(Warning: Small wall of text, TLDR at the bottom)

With the latest unvaulting coming to a close and the primes entering the vault, I remembered the old unvaultings and remembered how little I cared about them. However the latest prime unvaulting was the most fun I've had in Warframe since trails.

Why was it better?:

• This unvaulting has so far been the only one that has been different from regular gameplay.
    • Frost, Mag, and Rhino have all been the old Defense/Interception farm that we do for farming new, old, and duplicate warframes.
    • The Ember/Loki/Frost unvault was in my humble opinion the least fun of all. It was released after the plains, where everyone had been grinding bounties for cetus rep. I hardly farmed at all in this one due to it being the same grinding I already did hours of.
  • Relic Farming diversity
    • Axi S3, the most valuable relic dropped from Mobile Defense, Sabotage, Interception, and Survival. All of these (with the exception of MD and somewhat survival) where viable options for farming the relics.
    • For veterans that already have the prime warframes and don't care about the old parts, we can skip farming for the low platinum relics and go right for the gold.
  • META farming is radically different
    • The most platinum/relic was Axi S3, the lowest time/relic node was Madruk (Void).
    • Farming Madruk efficiently was not a simple matter of bringing a high damage sniper, or killing enemies fast, but speed.
    • Building warframes and weapons required factoring in having just the right amount of survivability to not get insta-killed by an enemy after entering a room, and going fast.
    • Many different warframes and weapons are viable for farming. Nezha can slide fast and not die, Nova is the fastest, but sometimes gets 1-hit-KO'ed, Mirage can roll fast and take out the boss fast.
      • I ended up using Mesa most of the time, due to shatter shield damage reduction and quickly killing the Lynx.
    • (Slight TSD spoiler), The Operator is very useful for speed and maneuvering in the tight spaces and long hallways in the void.
  • Most importantly, More time and practice meant more speed, and more speed = more relics.
    • Skill and practice is actually a large factor in the end time you get.

My suggestions for the next unvaultings:

• I'm no professional designer, but I would love to see the next unvaulting incorporate:
    • Something we haven't done before, or something we don't usually do.
    • More ways to farm relics
    • Rewarding the player for investing time to get more skillful
    • Farming the relic we want and not the ones we don't.
  • Ideas from replies:
  • Ideas I have from replies:
    • Have an alternate method of farming relics that takes longer but is guaranteed/almost guaranteed chance to get the relic.

TLDR:

The nyx/rhino unvaulting was fun because it was so different from what we usualy do and rewards practice and time investment.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by JakeVanV

I, on the other hand, found it to be worse than the ember/frost/loki one, S3s were horrible to farm, i got maybe 8-9 of them total, despite countless runs of the void sabotage. Never again please, at this point i dont even want to see the void again for a long time... it just reminded me of the hell that was the old void...ugh

I agree with NightBlitz.

I personally think the bounties were great because they enabled focused farming of the specific relics i wanted  with a pretty good drop rate (got up to 4 relics in ome bounty sometimes) and i didnt have to pray to RNG as much as in the void were the drop tables were (imo) just too dilluted given the relatively short time window the Prime Vault/Unvaulting is happening.

Edited by Airikr

For me, bounties were much better than void. Bounties had better drop chance, the missions were random, I could go for specific relic. Was really enjoyable and I didn't have to fear that I wouldn't be able to farm everything by myself.

The void unvault was too mind numbing. Running Marduk over and over again, getting one S3 per hour of farm on average - please, never again. 

The only advantage of Nyx/Rhino unvault I see is that I didn't have to wait anything to get my targeted relic - if I remember correctly, relics from bounties were on rotation, each cycle had different set of relics and sometimes I had to wait few hours to get the desired relic. It was annoying, but that unvault had way better relic drop rates than the one in void, so i still think that Loki/Frost/Ember was better.

Alright, It seems the consensus is that the bounty unvault was better for people who just wanted to get the prime warframes/weapons, because the drop chance was good.

Maybe in the future they could have a separate series of missions that guarantees getting parts or something?