Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

OrokiN Cell Crisis!

(PSN)best_name_ever17

Remember back in the day when draco ceres was a thing and we’d have orokin cells that we got by xp farming? Yeah I ran out of those a while back. But now I spend most my time doing eidolon runs xp farms, and unfortunately orokin cell runs. I hate doing assassination missions because I dont want to beat the same boss 20x time to reach my objective for orokin cells, and I prefer doing endless defense or survival missions when i grind. But there are a lot of uses for orokin cells in this game, and unfortunately not a lot of ways to get them. At this point I’m desperate and I’m left with 3 choices:

Quit The Game

Find an appealing and effective way to grind(other than spamming missions)

Paying to win (i refuse to play a game where i’m forced to pay just do enjoy it)

Thats basically where I’m at right now. My question is if there are like 20 different worlds why do so little drop orokin cells, like honestly all these other resources are garbage, when was the last time I used neurodes neural sensors gallium or any other things? Heavens know, if i did I cant tell i have hundreds of each. Ironically they aren’t used for much, there is no resource in this game that needs a drastic rework in this game like orokin cells. Every warframe, forma, majority of weapons, catalyst, and reactors require them, and ironically those are basically the only things we craft. A solution? Well make one of the xp farming spots an orokin cell drop site, that way when I spend hours grinding xp I dont get resources that I have millions of and can’t even use no matter how hard I try. Solution number 2: Alchemy system where we can convert materials, or just make the orokin cell blueprint reasonably priced and with a fair amount of resource requirements. Solution 3: instead of making orokin cells the only useful (rare)  resource in the game make it so that they dont account for nearly everything thats actually relevant in warframe. As an experienced veteran player its gotten annoying to the point where I dont find the game nearly as attractive anymore. And many of my friends quit because of stupid things like this. 

What do you think about this?

21 minutes ago, (PS4)best_name_ever17 said:

not a lot of ways to get them

if you still want to combine getting them with leveling stuff up try Helene on Saturn. Its a tiny bit slower than Hydron, but barely noticable

after crafting all prime stuff ingame I still got over 200 left, just from leveling

Edited by Kyoresh

I have more Orokin Cells than I do Neural Sensors, although I wouldn't say I'm short on either.  Maybe you should just shift your exp farming to Saturn/Ceres/Derelict.  It's not like you get that much less for starting at a slightly lower level.  Taken from the wiki page about Affinity values of enemies:

Because the square root is taken of the enemy's level, the actual benefit of facing high-level enemies is minimal. For example, killing a level 100 Napalm would give 1213 Affinity, less than twice the Affinity you would get from a level 3 Napalm (623). Therefore, "farming" Affinity is easier when killing many low level enemies instead of withstanding very powerful ones.

Honestly Orokin Cells are not that bad to farm and are not needed in large quantities to build anything.  Like others have suggested, run Helene and level some gear, pick up some focus and cells at the same time.  The grind for cells is really nothing compared to mutagen samples.  Those, in my opinion, are the most restrictive grind in the game as far as location goes, and the quantities needed.  Obviously argon crystals only drop in the void, but not many of those are needed to build anything either.

5 hours ago, Kyoresh said:

if you still want to combine getting them with leveling stuff up try Helene on Saturn. Its a tiny bit slower than Hydron, but barely noticable

after crafting all prime stuff ingame I still got over 200 left, just from leveling

My biggest challenge is finding a dedicated squad who would stay long enough, and because the orokin cell drop rate is so low that when i do go on helene i rarely get any

A good way of getting some is running Phorid missions in Saturn or Ceres, whenever it makes an appearance there. It's pretty much a guaranteed drop on a mission that is fast to run, can be done easily in (random) groups and which provides other possible rewards as part of an invasion.