Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did We Really Need Constant Stagger At <50% Health?

Xylia

So apparently we're not squishy enough, DE at some point (not sure when) made it so that when you get to 50% health or less, everything that hits you (bar nothing, grakata bullet, scorch flame, whatever) staggers you.

And you get staggered every 5 seconds.

It isn't annoying enough that Grineer are spawning all over the stinking place and there's usually nowhere to hide from the constant gunfire pelting you but when you lose your shield and your health is dropping, you're dancing around constantly and you can't move, as if trying to find cover was hard enough.

*sigh*

Who decided this was a good idea? I'd LOVE to hear the explanation behind this, because all this does is kill newbies and soloers (who have already been screwed over enough since Update 9).

It only makes things more aggravating when you're TRYING to find cover and your character is dancing around because you are taking CONSTANT gunfire in Grineer maps. God Forbid you attempt to retreat one room, oh God no, you get Grineer spawning behind you endlessly too. And ontop of that, when your shield drops, you start dancing around and you can't move so you can just stand there and let them kill you...

As if I needed MORE reason to loathe Grineer missions, eh?

Didn't you guys at DE say in a previous Livestream that there's already too much stagger and stun? Why do you guys keep adding MORE!?

Edited by Xylia

I have not experienced this.

Take Trinity or something, or someone you don't care if you die, and go to some place with lots of Grineer and let them shoot you until you lose your shields. Then notice how you start staggering when you get hit with grakata bullets....

Take Trinity or something, or someone you don't care if you die, and go to some place with lots of Grineer and let them shoot you until you lose your shields. Then notice how you start staggering when you get hit with grakata bullets....

Well, it's only makes sense since Grakata in your hands sure staggers enemies a lot.

Well, it's only makes sense since Grakata in your hands sure staggers enemies a lot.

The problem is, _every_ weapon is doing it now. Even the MK1 will stagger enemies, and every single attack an enemy can do will stagger you when you start losing health.

The problem with this, is that you are under almost constant gunfire a lot of times, esp in your newbie days when you don't have the gear to one-shot everything mid-stride. When your measly shields go down, you start staggering constantly.

This was not like this awhile ago; this happened recently, perhaps sometime since Update 9.

I merely only noticed it recently because I usually use Rhino, not another frame.

EDIT: I've also had Corpus gunfire stagger me too when I was losing health as well as Scorch flames I mentioned above.

Edited by Xylia

I've noticed something akin to this as well, though I'm not convinced it's a constant effect after dropping below 50% health. I have, however, frequently noticed additional staggering when under fire, and assumed it occurred if you got hit continuously by gunfire for a set amount of time (it often seems to come up against Heavy Gunners). Whatever the cause, it needs to go, along with many other examples of stagger/stun/knockdown.

I've noticed something akin to this as well, though I'm not convinced it's a constant effect after dropping below 50% health. I have, however, frequently noticed additional staggering when under fire, and assumed it occurred if you got hit continuously by gunfire for a set amount of time (it often seems to come up against Heavy Gunners). Whatever the cause, it needs to go, along with many other examples of stagger/stun/knockdown.

I dunno if it is <50% health or a certain % of health, but I know it only happens when you are taking health damage. I have never been staggered in this way while my shields were up, except for the things that normally stagger you (Infested runners blowing up, chargers clawing you, leapers, Grineer melee attacks, etc).

All DE really needs to do is improve the AI. Make it strafe, dive roll into cover, seek out the player when they can't see him (Of course after the alarm is up). Wouldn't be hard to do since it's already implemented but the AI barely executes it.

Edited by RustyNaps

All DE really needs to do is improve the AI. Make it strafe, dive roll into cover, seek out the player when they can't see him (Of course after the alarm is up). Wouldn't be hard to do since it's already implemented but the AI barely executes it.

They seem to be avoiding doing this. It needs to be done though...badly.

The enemies don't have to be geniuses if they require specific methods to be dealt with (like lancers, but not as obnoxious with the knock down). Hence why I still consider the Corpus as the best designed faction.

They seem to be avoiding doing this. It needs to be done though...badly.

The enemies don't have to be geniuses if they require specific methods to be dealt with (like lancers, but not as obnoxious with the knock down). Hence why I still consider the Corpus as the best designed faction.

Corpus MOAs can run at the speed of light, but instead of circling and attacking, run right up to your face, stand, and then shoot at you.

Ospreys of all kind run towards the players.

Fusion MOAs NEVER seem to be facing me. EVER.

And Prova Crewman... do I need to even explain them?

Corpus MOAs can run at the speed of light, but instead of circling and attacking, run right up to your face, stand, and then shoot at you.

Ospreys of all kind run towards the players.

Fusion MOAs NEVER seem to be facing me. EVER.

And Prova Crewman... do I need to even explain them?

I'm not sure what game you're playing, but I've yet to see really any of these examples in action. Except the prodders.

Oh god why do the Corpus think units with 0% success chance and 100% death rate are a good idea?

I'm not sure what game you're playing, but I've yet to see really any of these examples in action. Except the prodders.

Oh god why do the Corpus think units with 0% success chance and 100% death rate are a good idea?

When ospreys cover a unit, they will float towards the tenno, not further away.

MOAs can run INSANELY fast. Check out their speed, it makes me sad they don't do drive by gun downs.

When ospreys cover a unit, they will float towards the tenno, not further away.

MOAs can run INSANELY fast. Check out their speed, it makes me sad they don't do drive by gun downs.

Regular Moas seem to circle me though. Special ones are either sniping me from across the map, trying to stomp or standing still shoop-da-whooping me.

Also, Ospreys run away from me ALL THE TIME. It's infuriating. Thank the lord for Dethcube.

Shield Ospreys are a hit-or-miss thing. They SEEM to try and circle above the units they're protecting, but a lot of times they are protecting Moas, which run right for you (including the normal green Moas).

What happens is that the Osprey protecting the Moa ends up flying towards you, and then flying away from you as it is circling the units nearby. Sometimes this brings them close to you that you can shoot the stupid thing, other times it likes to fly back into another room to protect the lanka snipers then they get annoying.

I've seen both versions of Shield Ospreys.

But this really is off-topic.

And the dude with the Rhino -- Rhino is the exact reason why I didn't even know about this little..... "gem"..... until just within the last few days. First couple times it happened I thought there was an invisible sawman or something slicing me up.

Nope.

Today, I confirmed that stuff that should not stagger you normally is staggering me and only when my shields are down.

Protip: Cover your flank

Yeah, not always possible.

Sometimes things happen like this:

1). Proceed into a room. Find 5 grineer side-by-side shooting at you simultaneously.

2). Your measly shields drop in <5 seconds.

3). Duck behind a crate.

4). Another 2-3 Grineer come in the door you just entered from and are now shooting you in the back (said room you came from WAS empty)

5). Dash across the room to another crate.

6). Your shields are now gone and you're taking health damage.

7). Oh what's this? You get staggered now on your way to the crate. You're taking fire from 6 grakatas and 2 struns during that 3 seconds you're flailing your arms around

8). You're dead before you reach the other crate

Edited by Xylia

No, we don't need this, it's ridiculous. Sure, it's avoidable, but why does it need to be there at all? As a long term solo player who uses every frame, this annoys me to no end. Having lost my shields and taking hard to fix health damage is enough of a punishment, I shouldn't get stunlocked trying to get back to cover.

I have not noticed this yet. If true I am (sadly) not surprised. Stunning the player is how the Dev team seems to respond to requests for increased challenge. I know that half way decent AI is very hard to code, but maybe this game should cut back on the stuns and instead of releasing another huge patch with a bunch of new stuff polish whats already out and work on the AI.

Not bullet sponge.

Not player stun lock.

Intelligent challenge / content that is actually engaging.