Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Single Pistols Vs. Dual Pistols

Aeraxis

I think there should be more differences between Single Pistols vs. Dual Pistols. Increasing the Crit Rate/Crit Severity on single pistols would help keep the single pistols still valid instead of having the Duals just becoming a flat upgrade.

Dual pistols are not a direct upgrade as accuracy is lowered and reload speed is increased. In some cases they can be seen as worse than the single pistol (ex. the complaint that dual vipers eats ammo faster and has less efficiency than the single viper). What you're suggesting make going akimbo worthless as a large amount of players focus on crit capability and crit damage.

you double the reload time for double the rate of fire and clip size.

everything else stays the same. it seems logical.

maybe increase recoil more for dual versions, lower accuracy, but there's no real need for it.

if I could run around with a quadrogris, I would.

dual weapons are PERFECT as they are. both the single and dual have their strong and weak points. it makes both of them equally viable. 

we can't make one side of this more viable, because then people would only use that. 

it's fine as is. it's all about choice preference, and we have that currently.

maybe increase recoil more for dual versions, lower accuracy, but there's no real need for it.

dual weapons already do this. makes complete sense, and makes both types fair. 

Edited by taiiat

The Duals have Doubled Rate of Fire, increased Ammo Capacity, Decreased Accuracy (very small difference tbh), Doubled reload speed. If you chew through ammo that's your problem for not being efficient or equipping ammo capacity/return mods and auras. As for using crit mods, some pistols, like the Lato for example are not something you use crit mods on. And increasing crit values on a single pistol will not make them over powered but it will bring them in line with the dps of the dual pistols, I'm not calling a nerf for dual pistols just a minor buff to single pistols.

Dual pistols are not a direct upgrade as accuracy is lowered and reload speed is increased. In some cases they can be seen as worse than the single pistol (ex. the complaint that dual vipers eats ammo faster and has less efficiency than the single viper). What you're suggesting make going akimbo worthless as a large amount of players focus on crit capability and crit damage.

The only pistols worth using crit mods on are the Lex, Vasto/Dual Vastos, Viper/Twin Vipers, and the Twin Gremlins, all the others don't have enough base crit % to even be worth using the 2 mod slots on instead of fire/ice/ele/ or AP damage. As for Dual Broncos... they are the only exception I can really think of that would not be balanced with the single weapons after the proposed crit changes, and that's mostly because the ammo capacity is so small to begin with. This would also make the single  Lato/Bolto/Furis useful with crit mods, atm those pistols are outclassed by their dual counterparts. The Vasto, although it is useful with crit mods, is simply outperformed by the dual counterpart simply by the doubled magazine size the damage potential seriously outweighs the single version.

Edited by Aeraxis

I hope DE do something about Viper ammo economy, single Viper burns through ammo like nothing, Twin Vipers even worse, in lower level about half of the bullet shoot are hitting dead bodies, in later level it takes lots of ammo to kill a single enemies.

The Viper is a very high RoF gun with high potential burst DPS and very high ammo consumption. It's one of the few guns where the ammo count actually helps balance out the gun. (That, and it's low damage per bullet)

I see where you all are coming from but dual weapons are almost always better, 90% of people would use duals, single weapons need a slight buff or duals need more recoil.

Your "90%" of people probably use the dualies for A) Aesthetic appeal, B) Mastery

Think about it this way. The appeal of the Bronco is its high burst DPS and very quick reload speed, making it very spammable.

The dual Broncos on the other hand, have a higher burst DPS, but sacrifice the spammability for more CC.

The major tradeoff is single target sustained DPS, or crowd control burst damage. Both are quite different and the two guns have different playstyles. Having used both guns to level thirty, the only reason I keep my dual Broncos is because I can't be bothered to rebuild the single, but I much prefer the single since the Boar and Sobek do CC better than the dual broncos.

Don't forget the semi-auto problem; Unless you are playing solo, even if you use mouse-wheel fire or 3rd party programs the fire rate of any of the semi-auto dual pistols will be hampered.

And even if it was fixed, a third party program should not be a requirement to make full use of Akbolto with lethal torrent.

I hope DE do something about Viper ammo economy, single Viper burns through ammo like nothing, Twin Vipers even worse, in lower level about half of the bullet shoot are hitting dead bodies, in later level it takes lots of ammo to kill a single enemies.

you're just holding the trigger down, if you just close your eyes and pray, don't expect to hit accurately. 

Dual Vipers is one of my more favored pistol slot weapons, i can snipe with Dual Vipers without any issue. 

Trigger. Discipline.

also, automatic weapon burning through ammo quickly? what a concept.

Dual Vipers have one of the highest Burst DPS of any weapon in the game. it makes sense.

I see where you all are coming from but dual weapons are almost always better, 90% of people would use duals, single weapons need a slight buff or duals need more recoil.

i think it's fair that Dual weapons while 'inferior' in some ways to a single, such as accuracy, can still be used with fair accuracy if you use trigger discipline. 

now, if people are just holding down the trigger, they'll definitely kill things faster than with a single weapon, but they'll also run out of ammo, and then your weapon has 0DPS.

Edited by taiiat

you're just holding the trigger down, if you just close your eyes and pray, don't expect to hit accurately. 

Dual Vipers is one of my more favored pistol slot weapons, i can snipe with Dual Vipers without any issue. 

Trigger. Discipline.

Whoa dude, i never said i just holding the trigger down, in fact, i was using scroll down as my fire button, try it and you will see it's quite economic in low level mobs that can be killed with 1 or 2 bullets, Twin Viper is my most fav weapon, potatoed+2 forma. My point here is that Twin Viper needs more than mere 210 max ammo for higher level mobs.