Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thunderbolt Shouldn't Shake Other Peoples Screens..

CreedOfGod

Does anyone else find it EXTREMELY irritating when you are going through a map and someone is just popping thunderbolts and consistently shaking your screen and throwing your aim off? Sure it's a nice effect but when I am using a bow, or a sniper, and every shot counts... the screen shaking just doesn't help one bit.

avengers-hulk-smashing-loki.gif

Edited by CreedOfGod

it is very annoying, not all that bad from time to time, but lets face it, everyone spams that crap.

not sure there is anything that can be done without a major rewrite of some key things.

iirc, the thing that shakes your screen is the same mechanic that is used as recoil.

turning of the screen shake would make all weps have 0 recoil.

Pssh...

You should've seen that one room I was in....

A Banshee, Frost, Volt, and me, an Excalibur Prime....on Kiste.

Banshee spams Soundquake, Volt uses Speed every now and then (even while we were on the pod), and the Frost had an Ogris.

The screen shake was so bad (coupled with Volt's Speed zoom out) that I swear I got off my chair every few seconds to get my eyes off the screen. (And I was bringing Paris Glaive and Kunai too, none of which work too well with all the shake).

I think the main issue I'm having seems to be how it actually changes your aim while the screen is still shaking. Even if you didn't move your mouse during the shaking and keep on shooting, your reticule won't be on the same spot. That's the annoying part for me, unless I imagined it since I noticed it only once or twice.

I think the main issue I'm having seems to be how it actually changes your aim while the screen is still shaking. Even if you didn't move your mouse during the shaking and keep on shooting, your reticule won't be on the same spot. That's the annoying part for me, unless I imagined it since I noticed it only once or twice.

Nope, not your imagination.

I can totally attest to that having to fight through that Soundquake spam, it wasn't pretty. It wasn't pretty at all.

DE hasn't had a problem doing it thus far. 

That doesn't make it a good idea.

On topic: The shake in general is stupidly obnoxious - especially if you consider that it's a DPS-lowering mod. I'm kind of okay with Ogris doing that since it's a portable nuke launcher capable of oneshotting almost everything up to a rather high level.

Edited by 101blubb

Does anyone else find it EXTREMELY irritating when you are going through a map and someone is just popping thunderbolts and consistently shaking your screen and throwing your aim off? Sure it's a nice effect but when I am using a bow, or a sniper, and every shot counts... the screen shaking just doesn't help one bit.

avengers-hulk-smashing-loki.gif

Agreed. And while they're at it they could make it more useful for higher level enemies. After a bit 250 damage becomes more like an explosive tickle to them.