Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing in Gravity zones (and how to make the guns fun)

Xarteros

With DE starting to talk about infinite-use Archwings and Arch-guns on normal missions, I'd like to hear what other people want from the system, as well as post a few ideas of my own.

How do you want Arch-guns to work (and feel) when used in normal missions? What sort of limitations/penalties would apply? How would you make them feel different to normal Archwing usage?

My ideas for Archwing are thus:

• Make Archwing on ground a jump-jet/gliding style battle pack, rather than a flight suit. Allow upgrade of jump/glide power by means of Sprint Speed mods (functions as sprint speed in space flight, but jump/glide power in gravity zones)
  • Make all Arch-gun projectiles in space travel at much faster speeds, with no drop, and tighter spread. Arch-gun projectiles in gravity need slower speeds, gradual drop/arc, and much heavier recoil
  • Tweak the sounds of Arch-guns to make them sound like actually massive guns. Pouring pebbles in a vase makes more noise than the Imperator, and it's meant to be a gargantuan space rifle.
  • Wielding Arch-guns requires use of your Archwing suit to stabilise, but movement is significantly reduced (requiring you to use the jump jets/glide features to maneuver about). Archwing would need to fold to be more compact when traversing narrow spaces, and weapon should likewise compact itself (possibly still usable in snub-form, but with massive penalties to recoil and accuracy, maybe reduced damage)
  • Arch-guns should gain a large punch-through value, to make the player feel like you're actually mowing down the enemies (since the Arch-guns are designed to pierce spaceship armour)
  • Possibly add overheating or recoil-based staggers/knockdowns as a penalty for using Arch-guns in the atmosphere. Perhaps firing a Velocitus at full charge knocks you flat, or overheats very quickly and possibly deals fire damage to you.
  • Possibly add energy pool limitation to charge Arch-guns in gravity. Sacrifice 50% of your energy pool to make it recharge at normal rates, or sacrifice 25% of your energy pool to make it recharge faster.

What are your ideas? How would you choose to flesh this system out to make it more fun/rewarding to players, whilst making more use of the Archwing system overall?

perosnaly im hoping either A: arch gun (ground) and arch gun (archwing) allow diffrent mods to be used as the arch wing gun mods are very lack luster B: buff the archwing mods or let some none arch wing mods on 

because now i have a goal Grattler the plains gunners can do it imma do it back 

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

In all honesty, based on current stats for the arch weapons (and I have most of mine forma'd and the mods maxed), I doubt I'm even going to bother using them because our 'normal' weapons are, stat wise, stronger. 

yeah, that's why they need to be buffed, or treated differently on ground or something.