Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague star boss no cp runs

Zi-Sui

Now that plague star is over on PC, I wanted to talk about the necessity of Corrosive Projection on plague star boss runs. Or the lack of such necessity.

You can have Oberon, unairu dash and Sarpa with Shattering Impact, also Mag and Lesion I guess but haven't tested those two myself. Unairu dash or Sarpa would be ideal since they strip all boss armor before first head opens, and with the other node unairu dash also reduces boss damage done by 50%.

So why were there so many people running cp runs, and even some guy proclaiming you absolutely must have cp on my no cp run when you could use that aura slot for Pistol Amp for Titania damage or even Rifle Amp? Do people just not know? Because CP is not meta.

3 hours ago, BoarWarrior said:

Now that plague star is over on PC, I wanted to talk about the necessity of Corrosive Projection on plague star boss runs. Or the lack of such necessity.

You can have Oberon, unairu dash and Sarpa with Shattering Impact, also Mag and Lesion I guess but haven't tested those two myself. Unairu dash or Sarpa would be ideal since they strip all boss armor before first head opens, and with the other node unairu dash also reduces boss damage done by 50%.

So why were there so many people running cp runs, and even some guy proclaiming you absolutely must have cp on my no cp run when you could use that aura slot for Pistol Amp for Titania damage or even Rifle Amp? Do people just not know? Because CP is not meta.

I think the idea behind the usage could be that it provides an armor strip to the boss, combined with a corrosive dmg dealing weapon would help take it down faster. But that's just what I think

Plus I don't think for event runs people would consider having an optimized build unless they really want it. Some players just wanna go through it quick or have fun.

Edited by ZargonKing

Yeah but I dont get how Sarpa or Unairu dash is slower unless it's the Titania doing it and even then it's a minimal slow with potential speed-up benefit. And I really don't see how using Corrosive Projection is more fun than Pistol Amp.

il y a 1 minute, BoarWarrior a dit :

Yeah but I dont get how Sarpa or Unairu dash is slower unless it's the Titania doing it and even then it's a minimal slow with potential speed-up benefit. And I really don't see how using Corrosive Projection is more fun than Pistol Amp.

Because CP is easier. And you can't trust people 😄

Also, Sarpa stopped working every other run so it was either Mag, Oberon or Unairu. 

It was still faster to just recruit CPs because in general you'd want both a Nova and a Loki to speed the drone phase as much as possible, and then a buffer or a trinity depending on Titania's build 😄

8 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

Because CP is easier. And you can't trust people 😄

Also, Sarpa stopped working every other run so it was either Mag, Oberon or Unairu. 

It was still faster to just recruit CPs because in general you'd want both a Nova and a Loki to speed the drone phase as much as possible, and then a buffer or a trinity depending on Titania's build 😄

Cp is easier, that's for sure, but I think my Sarpa was pretty reliable, it worked just fine on the 30+ runs I used it, just have to have a speed build and shoot enough and it works. You can even see when the boss armor is gone without the heads opening, by just aiming to the middle of boss. How many runs did you do with Sarpa exactly and were you the one using it?

Oh, and two Sarpas would be 100% reliable and definitely fast enough. Unless there's some bug I'm not aware of.

Edited by BoarWarrior

il y a 16 minutes, BoarWarrior a dit :

Oh, and two Sarpas would be 100% reliable and definitely fast enough. Unless there's some bug I'm not aware of.

There is definitely some bug going on because i used to have Sarpa for Eidolons and it stopped working properly there as well. 

My money is on some host-client bs i think. I had a max attack speed sarpa with shattering impact and there were many runs where no matter how many times i hit the Hemocyst it wouldn't lose that armour of his. So i just stopped using it. 

And i did do quite a lot of runs, definitely more than 50 but I'm unsure about the exact number. 

Never had sarpa fail on me.  Built up berserker on trash which made a max speed sarpa strip in 2-3s.  Then hop into Titania and take it down with a max STR corrosive blitz build.

Sure if not the host it won't show red health.  But the host will see it.  And anyone running the wrong element noticed it hue hue.  Two questions were consistent:  how was the armor stripped and why did it die so quickly?  It certainly worked.

Edited by WhimsicalPacifist